Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Questions to answer - Thank you 13:58 - Aug 20 with 1559 viewsTheHappyGooner

Here we go

If you had a choice to live anywhere in the world quite comfortably where would that be ? Or is it simply out the question as the UK is the only place for you ?

If you had the power to eliminate one UK football team and send them into oblivion forever - who would that be and why ?

What profession do you wish you had pursued given your time all over again ?

What song by an artist do you consider the most inspirational and something you would play to give you a lift or Boost ?

As a final request - what would your last meal/snack etc on planet earth be ?

YOU DECIDE !

I’ll post my answers as the thread evolves
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 14:05]

WE ARE THE HAPPY GOONERS ! LONDONS FINEST !
Poll: The Big one v Southend - huge game - what say ye?

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 16:08 - Aug 20 with 1534 viewsLeadbelly

If you had a choice to live anywhere in the world quite comfortably where would that be ? Or is it simply out the question as the UK is the only place for you ? Canada

If you had the power to eliminate one UK football team and send them into oblivion forever - who would that be and why ? Chelsea

What profession do you wish you had pursued given your time all over again ? Something manual, probably carpentry

What song by an artist do you consider the most inspirational and something you would play to give you a lift or Boost ? Much as I love music I'm not sure I've ever been inspired to do anything because of listening to one track. That said, the lyrics of Nigel Blackwell (Half Man Half Biscuit) usually put a smile on my face and have led me to investigate many of the references in songs, just so I know what he's on about.

As a final request - what would your last meal/snack etc on planet earth be ? Dinner

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 16:13 - Aug 20 with 1532 viewsTheHappyGooner

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 16:08 - Aug 20 by Leadbelly

If you had a choice to live anywhere in the world quite comfortably where would that be ? Or is it simply out the question as the UK is the only place for you ? Canada

If you had the power to eliminate one UK football team and send them into oblivion forever - who would that be and why ? Chelsea

What profession do you wish you had pursued given your time all over again ? Something manual, probably carpentry

What song by an artist do you consider the most inspirational and something you would play to give you a lift or Boost ? Much as I love music I'm not sure I've ever been inspired to do anything because of listening to one track. That said, the lyrics of Nigel Blackwell (Half Man Half Biscuit) usually put a smile on my face and have led me to investigate many of the references in songs, just so I know what he's on about.

As a final request - what would your last meal/snack etc on planet earth be ? Dinner

Nice answers !

What type of dinner though ? Ha

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 16:52 - Aug 20 with 1523 viewsthrillseeker

Mr H - really difficult to provide one answer for each question but here goes

If you had a choice to live anywhere in the world quite comfortably where would that be ? Or is it simply out the question as the UK is the only place for you ? NEW ZEALAND

If you had the power to eliminate one UK football team and send them into oblivion forever - who would that be and why ? IPSWICH TOWN because from a young age I was taught to hate them and still do to this day, (Closely followed by Spurs)

What profession do you wish you had pursued given your time all over again? ANYTHING THAT WOULD HAVE GIVEN ME OPPORTUNITY TO WORK ABROAD

What song by an artist do you consider the most inspirational and something you would play to give you a lift or Boost ? I FOUGHT THE LAW - THE CLASH - just for the title which sums up my life between 18- 30

As a final request - what would your last meal/snack etc on planet earth be ? BACON SANDWICH
5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 17:00 - Aug 20 with 1521 viewsTheHappyGooner

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 16:52 - Aug 20 by thrillseeker

Mr H - really difficult to provide one answer for each question but here goes

If you had a choice to live anywhere in the world quite comfortably where would that be ? Or is it simply out the question as the UK is the only place for you ? NEW ZEALAND

If you had the power to eliminate one UK football team and send them into oblivion forever - who would that be and why ? IPSWICH TOWN because from a young age I was taught to hate them and still do to this day, (Closely followed by Spurs)

What profession do you wish you had pursued given your time all over again? ANYTHING THAT WOULD HAVE GIVEN ME OPPORTUNITY TO WORK ABROAD

What song by an artist do you consider the most inspirational and something you would play to give you a lift or Boost ? I FOUGHT THE LAW - THE CLASH - just for the title which sums up my life between 18- 30

As a final request - what would your last meal/snack etc on planet earth be ? BACON SANDWICH

Bacon sandwich is a superb call and whistled through my brain as I posed the question

But

It must have brown sauce !

And it’s always nice to have a reformed convict on board (kidding!)
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 21:10]

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 18:00 - Aug 20 with 1497 viewsDCPete

I do live in Virginia (just west of Washington DC, hence my username). But don't really like it here. Mum is 74 so I try to look out for her.

Did live most years from 2003-2011 in Winterset Iowa (literally like the film Bridges of Madison County).

But I think of San Francisco as home (1990-2001) .. Way too expensive to live there now, but I'm not that poor. May head back there this winter or spring 2019.

Otherwise? London if I could afford it. Berlin, where I was a kiddo. Denver Colorado is nice. Went to high school there. My girlfriend was the total package that every boy envied. She liked me for my brain. Go figure :D
5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 18:03 - Aug 20 with 1494 viewsDCPete

Sorry, didn't answer the other 4:

Dons out. Simple

I would have preferred to be a fire fighter or police officer or in the military (registered fro the draft at 17)

Queen, We are the champions

Fish and chips, brother ;):D
5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 18:16 - Aug 20 with 1495 viewsTheHappyGooner

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 18:03 - Aug 20 by DCPete

Sorry, didn't answer the other 4:

Dons out. Simple

I would have preferred to be a fire fighter or police officer or in the military (registered fro the draft at 17)

Queen, We are the champions

Fish and chips, brother ;):D

Nice answers all round

DONS every time - plastic club ha

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 15:16 - Aug 21 with 1427 viewsnoah4x4

If you had a choice to live anywhere in the world quite comfortably where would that be ? Or is it simply out the question as the UK is the only place for you ?

Galapagos Islands. Equatorial, but temperate climate; nothing there wants to eat you (as few things there have natural predators if you avoid the one island with the runner snakes!). Indescribable natural beauty, yet chic, technology advanced and sophisticated in the towns. Like (IMHO) an idyllic Greek island but without yoghurt, ouzo, migrants, debt, inflation, beggars and Mama Mia.

If you had the power to eliminate one UK football team and send them into oblivion forever - who would that be and why ?

Ipswich Town. Why, pretty obvious really.

Astronaut or pilot. But never mind the G-Force, I would need a space capsule with an extra wide G width fitting, so it was never going to happen.

What song by an artist do you consider the most inspirational and something you would play to give you a lift or Boost ?

"It's my life and I do what I want" (Animals). I played this continuously for six months after my divorce to inspire me to change my life positively.

A whole blue whale in a deep freeze with enough seafood sauce to make it palatable that I could eat very slowly before I was shot. Its 200 tonnes might keep me alive for at least the rest of my natural days.
Login to get fewer ads

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 15:20 - Aug 21 with 1425 viewsTheHappyGooner

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 15:16 - Aug 21 by noah4x4

Galapagos Islands. Equatorial, but temperate climate; nothing there wants to eat you (as few things there have natural predators if you avoid the one island with the runner snakes!). Indescribable natural beauty, yet chic, technology advanced and sophisticated in the towns. Like (IMHO) an idyllic Greek island but without yoghurt, ouzo, migrants, debt, inflation, beggars and Mama Mia.

Ipswich Town. Why, pretty obvious really.

Astronaut or pilot. But never mind the G-Force, I would need a space capsule with an extra wide G width fitting, so it was never going to happen.

"It's my life and I do what I want" (Animals). I played this continuously for six months after my divorce to inspire me to change my life positively.

A whole blue whale in a deep freeze with enough seafood sauce to make it palatable that I could eat very slowly before I was shot. Its 200 tonnes might keep me alive for at least the rest of my natural days.

Haha the whale had me giggling - can imagine it .

Superb

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 16:14 - Aug 21 with 1415 viewsMoor_Pinot

1. I have not been to many other countries in my life - just four so it's hard to answer. France has given me the chance to buy a house whereas I couldn't in England when my life changed - like Noah's did - and although I didn't like it here at first I am grateful for the opportunity and am getting to feel settled now. It is nice here and far calmer with clean air less noise and a population less inclined to be acquisitive. It's still early but there's less that I miss about England now. So, hesitantly I will say 'rural France'.
2. I think I'd have liked to have been an art historian.
3. Dump Plymouth Argyle in the Channel. Horrible fans - anyone remember the 95 play off down there? Bristol rovers are not much better.
4. Days of Pearly Spencer - David McWilliams followed by the last 15 mins of any live Jethro Tull gig.
5. Doubt I could face anything but I'd wash it down with a pint of real ale from a preferred micro.

Up the U 's

Moor Pinot

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 20:30 - Aug 21 with 1394 viewsTheHappyGooner

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 16:14 - Aug 21 by Moor_Pinot

1. I have not been to many other countries in my life - just four so it's hard to answer. France has given me the chance to buy a house whereas I couldn't in England when my life changed - like Noah's did - and although I didn't like it here at first I am grateful for the opportunity and am getting to feel settled now. It is nice here and far calmer with clean air less noise and a population less inclined to be acquisitive. It's still early but there's less that I miss about England now. So, hesitantly I will say 'rural France'.
2. I think I'd have liked to have been an art historian.
3. Dump Plymouth Argyle in the Channel. Horrible fans - anyone remember the 95 play off down there? Bristol rovers are not much better.
4. Days of Pearly Spencer - David McWilliams followed by the last 15 mins of any live Jethro Tull gig.
5. Doubt I could face anything but I'd wash it down with a pint of real ale from a preferred micro.

Up the U 's

Very interesting ! Thank you !

An Reviour - my cousin is in Brittany somewhere retired at 55

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 18:06 - Aug 22 with 1361 viewsconcordman

I live in WV, USA a beautiful part of country, but would prefer South Carolina where it doesn't snow and the temperatures and humidity are more acceptable. May retire to Hilton Head, SC. Loved Israel, amazing place.

Would have to be Chelsea, a horrible club. I am a Spurs fan and they are just horrible. arsenal obviously not far behind.

I am very fortunate to be doing what I love, frustrating at times but blessed to coach football (soccer) at the college level.

I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me. https://www.google.com/search?q=i+can+only+imagine+song&oq=I+can+only+imagine+&a

Would have to be cod and chips, boy I miss them.
5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 19:40 - Aug 22 with 1351 viewsTheHappyGooner

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 18:06 - Aug 22 by concordman

I live in WV, USA a beautiful part of country, but would prefer South Carolina where it doesn't snow and the temperatures and humidity are more acceptable. May retire to Hilton Head, SC. Loved Israel, amazing place.

Would have to be Chelsea, a horrible club. I am a Spurs fan and they are just horrible. arsenal obviously not far behind.

I am very fortunate to be doing what I love, frustrating at times but blessed to coach football (soccer) at the college level.

I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me. https://www.google.com/search?q=i+can+only+imagine+song&oq=I+can+only+imagine+&a

Would have to be cod and chips, boy I miss them.

Tremendous

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 20:25 - Aug 22 with 1340 viewseagledares

new zealand went as a young man in merchant navy had a hell of a time.

ipswich, used to go to school in manningtree and was about the only u's fan in amongst a lot of tractor fans, took a lot of stick as they were doing ok under bobby robson

for some reason always fancied being a butcher

ace of spades gets the juices flowing

toad in the hole, creamy mash carrots peas and a thick onion gravy
5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 22:00 - Aug 22 with 1332 viewsTheHappyGooner

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 20:25 - Aug 22 by eagledares

new zealand went as a young man in merchant navy had a hell of a time.

ipswich, used to go to school in manningtree and was about the only u's fan in amongst a lot of tractor fans, took a lot of stick as they were doing ok under bobby robson

for some reason always fancied being a butcher

ace of spades gets the juices flowing

toad in the hole, creamy mash carrots peas and a thick onion gravy

Blimey such variety on here - fascinating

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 22:44 - Aug 22 with 1323 viewswessex_exile

If you had a choice to live anywhere in the world quite comfortably where would that be ? Or is it simply out the question as the UK is the only place for you ? I'll take the "quite comfortably" option and happily stay here in the UK.

If you had the power to eliminate one UK football team and send them into oblivion forever - who would that be and why ? MK Dons should never have existed in the first place, so happy to play my part in righting that wrong.

What profession do you wish you had pursued given your time all over again ? RAF pilot.

What song by an artist do you consider the most inspirational and something you would play to give you a lift or Boost ? Underworld - Born Slippy.

As a final request - what would your last meal/snack etc on planet earth be ? A UBAC chicken masala from the Shimla in Bradford, but as it was in 1981.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 01:02 - Aug 23 with 1312 viewsTheHappyGooner

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 22:44 - Aug 22 by wessex_exile

If you had a choice to live anywhere in the world quite comfortably where would that be ? Or is it simply out the question as the UK is the only place for you ? I'll take the "quite comfortably" option and happily stay here in the UK.

If you had the power to eliminate one UK football team and send them into oblivion forever - who would that be and why ? MK Dons should never have existed in the first place, so happy to play my part in righting that wrong.

What profession do you wish you had pursued given your time all over again ? RAF pilot.

What song by an artist do you consider the most inspirational and something you would play to give you a lift or Boost ? Underworld - Born Slippy.

As a final request - what would your last meal/snack etc on planet earth be ? A UBAC chicken masala from the Shimla in Bradford, but as it was in 1981.

Ah that Curry sounded the business ..best I had was 13 hours east of Hyderabad in 2004 or 2006

And that song is a mind bender ..😀
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 1:09]

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 12:04 - Aug 23 with 1289 viewsMadeira163

If you had a choice to live anywhere in the world quite comfortably where would that be ? Or is it simply out the question as the UK is the only place for you ? Anywhere but Guernsey but hopefully Madeira sooner rather than later

If you had the power to eliminate one UK football team and send them into oblivion forever - who would that be and why ? Wycombe with ONeil

What profession do you wish you had pursued given your time all over again ? I loved be a Chef in big Hotels but was born to early , before cooking became sexy

What song by an artist do you consider the most inspirational and something you would play to give you a lift or Boost ? Bob Gelfdof Rattrap

As a final request - what would your last meal/snack etc on planet earth be ? Full English
5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 16:49 - Aug 23 with 1270 viewsnoah4x4

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 01:02 - Aug 23 by TheHappyGooner

Ah that Curry sounded the business ..best I had was 13 hours east of Hyderabad in 2004 or 2006

And that song is a mind bender ..😀
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 1:09]

When I was in Hyderabad I didn't have a clue if it was night or day let alone telling the difference between four minutes past eight and six minutes past. If you ordered at 20:00 service was great!
[Post edited 23 Aug 2018 16:50]
5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 17:19 - Aug 23 with 1262 viewsTheHappyGooner

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 12:04 - Aug 23 by Madeira163

If you had a choice to live anywhere in the world quite comfortably where would that be ? Or is it simply out the question as the UK is the only place for you ? Anywhere but Guernsey but hopefully Madeira sooner rather than later

If you had the power to eliminate one UK football team and send them into oblivion forever - who would that be and why ? Wycombe with ONeil

What profession do you wish you had pursued given your time all over again ? I loved be a Chef in big Hotels but was born to early , before cooking became sexy

What song by an artist do you consider the most inspirational and something you would play to give you a lift or Boost ? Bob Gelfdof Rattrap

As a final request - what would your last meal/snack etc on planet earth be ? Full English

Is Guernsey that bad ??????

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 17:52 - Aug 23 with 1259 viewsMadeira163

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 17:19 - Aug 23 by TheHappyGooner

Is Guernsey that bad ??????

Small place , getting fed up with going out for people to talk to you about the job you do the decisions you’ve made. And being frontline 28.5 years I’m a face recognized more than most
5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 18:20 - Aug 23 with 1255 viewsTheHappyGooner

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 17:52 - Aug 23 by Madeira163

Small place , getting fed up with going out for people to talk to you about the job you do the decisions you’ve made. And being frontline 28.5 years I’m a face recognized more than most

Fair enough - you have exhausted the subject

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 20:35 - Aug 25 with 1207 viewsTheHappyGooner

Cyprus - I like the Food, climate, history and peace in certain parts and the ease of getting back to the UK

I would have to say MK Dons - bit of a nothing club to me especially now the real Wimbledon are back

Postman (non driving) strictly for the fitness

Ordinary Joe - Terry Callier (northern soul version)

Haddock chips mushy peas and a buttered roll
[Post edited 25 Aug 2018 20:36]

5 Questions to answer - Thank you on 22:47 - Aug 26 with 1157 viewsnoah4x4

Haddock or cod or Huss?
Steak, chicken or balti pie?
Chunky, skinny, fries or wedges?
Mushy or garden?
....and why?

Reckon that would be a good debate for the future.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024