Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shame on the Gazette.... 12:16 - Aug 31 with 901 viewsnoah4x4

In today's online Colchester Gazette. Headline "Free travel for West Ham Fans" links to an article inviting local people to travel to the London Stadium for free on match days.

I would be happy to pay £4 return to the Jobserve Stadium if the bus stops were closer. Is this all a plot to get us to become Hammers fans Mr Cowling?

Shame on the Gazette.... on 15:22 - Aug 31 with 878 viewsthrillseeker

I saw report and was very annoyed a local paper would advertise something detrimental to local teams and I include Seaweed in that
Shame on the Gazette.... on 18:08 - Aug 31 with 861 viewsburnsieespana

It also annoys me how they promote Ipswich.
Problem is most of the paper is put together in some far off place such as Basildon with little local input.
Local newspapers are about dead.
We can vote with our feet and not buy it!
Shame on the Gazette.... on 21:19 - Aug 31 with 840 viewsdurham_exile

Guys aren't we missing the point. Why would anyone want to go and watch shite like West Ham.

No interest in going to watch the hammers.

I know that the whole subsidised Colchester park and ride fiasco is so disappointing for local Colchester supporters but I wouldn't go to watch West Ham if they paid me to.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Shame on the Gazette.... on 21:28 - Aug 31 with 838 viewsthrillseeker

Shame on the Gazette.... on 18:08 - Aug 31 by burnsieespana

It also annoys me how they promote Ipswich.
Problem is most of the paper is put together in some far off place such as Basildon with little local input.
Local newspapers are about dead.
We can vote with our feet and not buy it!

And that was the reason I stopped purchasing the paper about 25 years ago as for a while more pages were devoted to Ipswich than Colchester.
Shame on the Gazette.... on 01:27 - Sep 1 with 821 viewswessex_exile

Shame on the Gazette.... on 21:28 - Aug 31 by thrillseeker

And that was the reason I stopped purchasing the paper about 25 years ago as for a while more pages were devoted to Ipswich than Colchester.

Sadly they recognised that their demographic base in Colchester was firmly at Poorman Rd, and it will remain so until we do something about it. Fortunately, Ipshit are currently crashing and burning at the foot of the Championship, without a pot to p*ss in, so maybe we'll start to see a bit of a sea change before too long?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:11 - Sep 1 with 800 viewsburnsieespana

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:11 - Sep 1 with 800 viewsburnsieespana

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024