Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night 16:59 - Sep 2 with 10400 viewsPeterHucker

Coming through passport control on the way back from holidays last night, saw a young lad in a QPR shirt. Don't see many of those up this way so I gave him the "You Rs" shout.
Security person looked on in bemusement.
Hello again to you if you're on here.
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 17:03 - Sep 2 with 7845 viewsBoston

No youngsters on here Mr Hucker, 'cept Bazza.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 18:47 - Sep 2 with 7617 viewsingeminate

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 17:03 - Sep 2 by Boston

No youngsters on here Mr Hucker, 'cept Bazza.

I’m up this way Nowadays though not me at the airport. Where you based Mr Hucker. Wife relocated me to Romiley near Marple. There is one other R kicked by about round here far as I am aware, should try and get a NW group for home(away games)...

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 19:38 - Sep 2 with 7496 viewsFDC

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 18:47 - Sep 2 by ingeminate

I’m up this way Nowadays though not me at the airport. Where you based Mr Hucker. Wife relocated me to Romiley near Marple. There is one other R kicked by about round here far as I am aware, should try and get a NW group for home(away games)...

I'm up these ways too, as is MancR not surprisingly.

I've just passed by Romiley as it happens, on my way back from a very pleasant afternoon in Edale.

Edit. I'm toying with the idea of getting to Blackpool this month, but would be going on my tod as it stands, so if a NW contingent from here decide to go I'd be interested.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 19:39]
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 20:01 - Sep 2 with 7427 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Whatever happened to the Manc R's who used to drink in the Lass O' Gowrie?
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 20:24 - Sep 2 with 7364 viewsBoston

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 20:01 - Sep 2 by WrightUp5hit___

...and other missing Mancs?

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 21:01 - Sep 2 with 7272 viewspaulparker

Saw a lad today in a QPR shirt by Northampton Asda’s , wound down the window and gave him a
Urrrrrrrssssss,
He seemed pleased

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 21:15 - Sep 2 with 7232 viewsPeterHucker

Live near Northwich, Cheshire.
Go to pretty much all away matches north of Watford, by train sometimes but usually liftsharing with other Rs from Heswall and Warrington.
Lee who sometimes does match reports on here in Clive’s absence, I think he lives in Romiley.
I will be driving to Bolton away, probably Blackpool too. If you’re in need of a lift give me a shout.
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 01:57 - Sep 3 with 6973 viewstimcocking

You don't get many because the football sheep take great pleasure in informing everybody who should ever try to wear a replica shirt that it isn't cool to wear a replica shirt.

Which is precisely why i do, on occasion, wear a QPR shirt out and about to represent. Admittedly, usually only to the gym or beach. Always absolutely makes my day if i see somebody out and about in a Rangers shirt and 100% i'd say something.

It wasn't me though, i'm 44 on the 11th.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 07:47 - Sep 3 with 6822 viewsmerseyhoop

I live on the wirral and interested to know of any Rs fans in the north west as I have to beg mates to go to any games in the north west, they all support Liverpool everton etc, my son being a good lad sometimes comes with me but he never really caught the qpr bug, U Rs
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 08:24 - Sep 3 with 6758 viewsWatford_Ranger

Drove past an Uxbridge Skips truck with a big Rangers flag this morning heading towards Ascot from Windsor.

We’re everywhere.
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 10:08 - Sep 3 with 6606 viewspaul63

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 08:24 - Sep 3 by Watford_Ranger

Drove past an Uxbridge Skips truck with a big Rangers flag this morning heading towards Ascot from Windsor.

We’re everywhere.

im up in leeds not seen many up here but think theres a few in york
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 13:17 - Sep 3 with 6414 viewsNoDiddley

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 10:08 - Sep 3 by paul63

im up in leeds not seen many up here but think theres a few in york

Was in Upminster, Essex wearing my QPR polo waiting for a train.
Geezer walks by “U R’s”
I said to him it’s only clubs like us that do this, all the Mancs, scum, hammers etc just walk past each other.
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 13:25 - Sep 3 with 6386 viewsGloucs_R

Met another Ranger on holiday in Crete last month. He had a QPR towel for his lad and his boy turned out for the daily football match decked out on the QPR kit. My lad on the other hand managed to get sauce all down his top so ended up wearing the new Juve away kit

Poll: Are we staying up?

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 14:13 - Sep 3 with 6332 viewsSimonJames

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 13:25 - Sep 3 by Gloucs_R

Met another Ranger on holiday in Crete last month. He had a QPR towel for his lad and his boy turned out for the daily football match decked out on the QPR kit. My lad on the other hand managed to get sauce all down his top so ended up wearing the new Juve away kit

Are you sure your lad didn't do that deliberately?

100% of people who drink water will die.

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 14:43 - Sep 3 with 6290 viewsPlanetHonneywood

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 20:01 - Sep 2 by WrightUp5hit___

Ahh the famous Manc Rs.

I was introduced to Ant Hobbs by a mutual friend in 1996. We’d both been residing in Manchester for about a year or so, and had met other Rangers fans during this time. Consequently, we gathered a few in the Trevor Arms in Chorlton (where another R and myself frequented) for a live game, and we had about 4 or 5 faces.

Next thing you know, we’ve outing Rfosi better than Peter Thatchell. The first time I left Manchester in 2001 - for there was to be a second time - we were playing Fulham on a Monday night. We’d shifted to a new pub in Didsbury and had 26 (twenty six) faces out for the game.

By the time I’d returned in briefly live there again in 2006, the Lass was the preferred watering hole. Sadly I learned a few years back, that this brilliant pub had met a fate like so many great pubs.

Great days out with the Manc Rs. A lot of the originals have moved on/away, but a few remain. Not sure how they’re going these days, but there is a Manc Rs FB group you could try...assuming you’ve not ditched social media!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 15:59 - Sep 3 with 6212 viewsGloucs_R

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 14:13 - Sep 3 by SimonJames

Are you sure your lad didn't do that deliberately?

No, my eldest is proud and loud to be a Ranger....my youngest on the other hand.....

Poll: Are we staying up?

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 18:13 - Sep 3 with 6064 viewsTwineyboy

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 13:17 - Sep 3 by NoDiddley

Was in Upminster, Essex wearing my QPR polo waiting for a train.
Geezer walks by “U R’s”
I said to him it’s only clubs like us that do this, all the Mancs, scum, hammers etc just walk past each other.

That might have been me although there’s a few of us in Upminster. URssss
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 18:37 - Sep 3 with 6018 viewsPeterHucker

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 07:47 - Sep 3 by merseyhoop

I live on the wirral and interested to know of any Rs fans in the north west as I have to beg mates to go to any games in the north west, they all support Liverpool everton etc, my son being a good lad sometimes comes with me but he never really caught the qpr bug, U Rs

there's definitely 1 other QPR fan on the Wirral who I often liftshare with (unless that's you?)
about 15 years ago I lived in Prenton so that was another one.
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 18:48 - Sep 3 with 5998 viewsingeminate

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 19:38 - Sep 2 by FDC

I'm up these ways too, as is MancR not surprisingly.

I've just passed by Romiley as it happens, on my way back from a very pleasant afternoon in Edale.

Edit. I'm toying with the idea of getting to Blackpool this month, but would be going on my tod as it stands, so if a NW contingent from here decide to go I'd be interested.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2018 19:39]

Funnily enough we were going to take a train in to Edale on Saturday only turned out the strike had wiped them out.

I was thinking Blackpool too, not 100% but looks likely. Happy to drive/split petrol money.
Just over an hour from here.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 19:12 - Sep 3 with 5963 viewsYorkRanger

I'm the Scarborough side of York and if all goes to plan will be at Bolton, Blackpool, Rotherham and Blackburn.

You see a few Rs fans around York and I often bump into an old fellow called Roy who retired to Scarborough and follows Rangers everywhere. Think he has a ST in Ellerslie Rd.
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 19:24 - Sep 3 with 5937 viewsdanehoop

Met the fantastic danish r’s when I used to live in Copenhagen. My British boss when I first got there was a r as well. When lived in Beijing I used to play football with a hammersmith lad who was a lifelong r. Even on holiday in Orlando walking around the premium outlets a few weeks ago I spotted a family wandering along with the teenage son wearing last seasons home strip. We are every where!

Never knowingly understood

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 20:23 - Sep 3 with 5864 viewsderbyhoop

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 14:43 - Sep 3 by PlanetHonneywood

Ahh the famous Manc Rs.

I was introduced to Ant Hobbs by a mutual friend in 1996. We’d both been residing in Manchester for about a year or so, and had met other Rangers fans during this time. Consequently, we gathered a few in the Trevor Arms in Chorlton (where another R and myself frequented) for a live game, and we had about 4 or 5 faces.

Next thing you know, we’ve outing Rfosi better than Peter Thatchell. The first time I left Manchester in 2001 - for there was to be a second time - we were playing Fulham on a Monday night. We’d shifted to a new pub in Didsbury and had 26 (twenty six) faces out for the game.

By the time I’d returned in briefly live there again in 2006, the Lass was the preferred watering hole. Sadly I learned a few years back, that this brilliant pub had met a fate like so many great pubs.

Great days out with the Manc Rs. A lot of the originals have moved on/away, but a few remain. Not sure how they’re going these days, but there is a Manc Rs FB group you could try...assuming you’ve not ditched social media!!

A few years ago I was working in Manchester and Rangers were on Tv vs Newcastle. Met in the Lass o'Gowrie with about 20 Rs. Slovenian stream on TV, radio 5 live for commentary. SWP was Mom. WTF.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 22:11 - Sep 3 with 5759 viewsmerseyhoop

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 18:37 - Sep 3 by PeterHucker

there's definitely 1 other QPR fan on the Wirral who I often liftshare with (unless that's you?)
about 15 years ago I lived in Prenton so that was another one.

It's not me , will have to start up a Wirral Rs group if can get up to double figures.
There's me thinking I was the one and only. I went the PNE game as have family up there and aiming to go to Bolton as work with a few Notlob fans - would love to get bragging rights over them.
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 00:36 - Sep 4 with 5670 viewstimcocking

I'm enjoying this thread.

Growing up in Cornwall, the first time i met another QPR fan was my second year at university, so one fan in 19 years.
QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 13:30 - Sep 4 with 5503 viewsBoston

QPR fan at Manchester airport last night on 00:36 - Sep 4 by timcocking

I'm enjoying this thread.

Growing up in Cornwall, the first time i met another QPR fan was my second year at university, so one fan in 19 years.

Would you be Goofy's cousin?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024