Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shrimps to be netted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena 16:25 - Oct 19 with 1090 viewsdurham_exile

JMc takes his charges on the road for games at Morecambe and Grimsby on Saturday afternoon and Tuesday night respectively.

Buoyed by an impressive and deserved victory against a decent Crawley team, the Super U’s will fancy their chances of back to back away victories, before the season defining game against leaders Lincoln the following Saturday.

However, neither Morecambe nor Grimsby will be pushovers. I have been to the last two Aways games at Morecambe and Grimsby. The games at the Globe Arena finished in draws 1-1 and 0-0 whilst the games at Blundell Park saw a narrow defeat 1-0 and a 2-2 draw. In fact, we must go back to 1979 for the last away win at Grimsby. So, caution required.

Records of course are there to be broken and this season our Away from has been strong, so much so that I am expecting back to back wins. That will then give us the confidence to secure a home win against the Imps.

Anyway, back to Saturday and Jim Bentley’s side who sit 17th in the table with 13 points from 13 games. A useful 2-0 victory at Carlisle has also given them confidence and they will be keen to dent our promotion hopes. I think that we will be too strong for the Shrimps, but there can be no complacency on Saturday.

Table:

Lincoln 13 31
Exeter 13 27
Newport 13 27
MK Dons 13 24
Tranmere 13 23
COL U 13 22
Stevenage 13 21
FGR 13 20

One thing is certain, if we are to close the gap at the top then victory is a necessity at the Globe.

But who does JMc select. There has been much talk about Dillon Barnes being “rested” last week and I reckon that Rene Gilmartin may well play on Saturday, but then who plays under the lights on Tuesday and in the six pointer against Lincoln.

Harry Pell suffered a calf injury last week, but will he be fit to play alongside Tom Lapslie or will Brandon Comley play after his game for Montserrat which they won 1-0 against Belize.

I reckon if they are all fit JMc will opt for an unchanged team at the Globe with:

Gilmartin

Jackson Eastman Prosser Vincent-Young

Lapslie Pell Senior

Szmodics Norris Nouble

Subs:

Barnes Kent Kensdale Wright Dickenson Collins Mandron

The weather at Morecambe is set to be a mix of sunshine with occasional cloud and 15c. For those seeking a paddle in the sea, the low tide on Saturday will be at 4:09pm, so plenty of beach walking required.

If Fish "n" Chips is your desired meal, then I can recommend Atkinson’s in Albert Road, a stone throw from the sea front and close to the ground. Stumbled upon it last season and they did not disappoint.

Battered only by Papa’s on Cleethorpes Pier, to enjoy Tuesday evening!!!!

I have persuaded my youngest son to join me on Saturday and we will be setting off early to avoid the delays caused by the A66 Roadworks.

Safe journey to the travelling faithful.

Enjoy the game. Let’s pot those Shrimps!

Up the U’s

[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 9:25]

Durham_exile

Shrimps to be netted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 18:22 - Oct 19 with 1066 viewsburnsieespana

About time we got the monkey off our back of not winning in the north although Morecombe have I believe taken 10 points from last 15 so no push over.
Shrimps to be netted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 13:28 - Oct 20 with 989 viewsnoah4x4

Struggling through M6 delays. Should make K.O though.

Szmodics not travelled. Apparently injured during training.
Shrimps to be netted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 17:20 - Oct 20 with 959 viewsgerry_us

Not too much celebrating please Durham. We need you fit for Tuesday. Back to back away wins watched by Durham ???
Dreams do come true.
6.00pm at Papa's?
Shrimps to be netted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 17:30 - Oct 20 with 950 viewsnoah4x4

Great dominant display first half should have put the game beyond
doubt. In second half yet again, we seemed short on fitness and stamina. The Shrimps probably deserved a point, but brave Gilmartin saved us all three. Long journey home, then Grimsby Tuesday. Fingers crossed for six points.
Shrimps to be netted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 18:26 - Oct 20 with 932 viewsgerry_us

Shrimps to be netted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 17:30 - Oct 20 by noah4x4

Great dominant display first half should have put the game beyond
doubt. In second half yet again, we seemed short on fitness and stamina. The Shrimps probably deserved a point, but brave Gilmartin saved us all three. Long journey home, then Grimsby Tuesday. Fingers crossed for six points.

At least we defended the one goal lead. I am somewhat concerned about the supposed tiredness Wessex. It's not as though they had to walk to Morcambe. Hopefully they will rest before Grimsby because I want to be there for Durham's happy face when we achieve back to back away wins for a very long time.
Shrimps to be netted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 21:07 - Oct 20 with 900 viewswessex_exile

Shrimps to be netted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 18:26 - Oct 20 by gerry_us

At least we defended the one goal lead. I am somewhat concerned about the supposed tiredness Wessex. It's not as though they had to walk to Morcambe. Hopefully they will rest before Grimsby because I want to be there for Durham's happy face when we achieve back to back away wins for a very long time.

So am I Gerry (and Noah) ;-)

With only the commentary and BBC stats to rely on, it seems we were certainly the better side first half, and the goal sounded like an excellent passing move team effort. The second half was probably inevitable, given Morecambe's recent form has been pretty good, and McGreal's propensity to try and sit back and defend a lead away from home. This time, thank goodness, it worked, and despite their pressure, still no attempts on target for Morecambe by full time.

Other seasons we would have lost that game, so maybe just maybe there's a bit more grit about us now?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Shrimps to be netted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 22:19 - Oct 20 with 881 viewsmfb_cufc

First away win up north since we beat Blackpool in April 2016, when Kevin Keen was in charge. So first away win up north for McGreal.

mfb

Shrimps to be netted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 11:57 - Oct 21 with 823 viewsburnsieespana

No doubt at all with Pell, Morris and Nouble and a fit Prosser we are a much tougher proposition.
Important win yesterday as results helped us again close up so another couple of wins on the trot would work wonders.
Our friends up the road must be looking into the trapdoor. Friend of mine said yesterday was the worst performance he had seen in 49 years of supporting them.
Login to get fewer ads

Shrimps to be netted by the Super U's at the Globe Arena on 16:50 - Oct 21 with 784 viewsnoah4x4

Relatively speaking, we are merely two points and 195 days away from gaining parity with Ipswich if we maintain current league positions.

Earlier, I mentioned stamina and fatigue. I think this has more to do with energy management than fitness. Szmodics, Senior, Pell and Nouble expend huge amounts of energy in the first half. That's why (IMHO) we end up defensive and on the back foot in H2. I wouldnt start with both Szmodics and Senior and retain one as an impact player off the bench. Neither last 90 minutes if they both start. Then if we need other substitutions due to injury we end up with limited options. But as Szmodics injury sounds serious, this theory is unlikely to be tested. But Collins did OK.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024