Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rail strike tonight 08:16 - Oct 23 with 1483 viewsWokingR

SWR have announced strikes for all of this week which will undoubtedly affect travel to and from tonights and Fridays games.
Frustratingly, they are still showing a full timetable but with a warning against every service that it may be disrupted by industrial action.
I actually agree with what they are fighting for but give us a clue and just tell us what services are running or not!
Rail strike tonight on 08:24 - Oct 23 with 1455 viewstoboboly

This has been wonderfully kept quiet, first I saw of it was a banner yesterday morning at Surbiton station, no announcements and as you say, the online schedule was completely unnaffected. On the way back through Waterloo the guard mentioned there were some engineering works but again absolutely nothing of the strike.

They do seem to be grade a clusterfcks at SWR, have you tried buying a ticket online with them? Practically impossible.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Rail strike tonight on 09:06 - Oct 23 with 1401 viewsCamberleyR

Rail strike tonight on 08:24 - Oct 23 by toboboly

This has been wonderfully kept quiet, first I saw of it was a banner yesterday morning at Surbiton station, no announcements and as you say, the online schedule was completely unnaffected. On the way back through Waterloo the guard mentioned there were some engineering works but again absolutely nothing of the strike.

They do seem to be grade a clusterfcks at SWR, have you tried buying a ticket online with them? Practically impossible.

In comparison to South West Trains who held the franchise before they are fcking clueless. I don't use trains a great deal but when I did with SWT I hardly ever found the trains late or cancelled. I can only guess that SWR undercut them massively when the franchise tender came up for grabs last year.

I usually watch the local news every night and I'm constantly seeing the very punchable face of SWR's CEO Andy Mellors explaining away the latest crisis. I couldn't tell you the name of SWT's CEO as you hardly saw him.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rail strike tonight on 09:45 - Oct 23 with 1333 viewsWokingR

Even now, the only service showing as affected on their timetable is the next one due.
All others are showing as 'On Time' but with the warning they may be affected. As that then becomes the next one due then that becomes "Disrupted".
Rail strike tonight on 10:09 - Oct 23 with 1301 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Rail strike tonight on 09:06 - Oct 23 by CamberleyR

In comparison to South West Trains who held the franchise before they are fcking clueless. I don't use trains a great deal but when I did with SWT I hardly ever found the trains late or cancelled. I can only guess that SWR undercut them massively when the franchise tender came up for grabs last year.

I usually watch the local news every night and I'm constantly seeing the very punchable face of SWR's CEO Andy Mellors explaining away the latest crisis. I couldn't tell you the name of SWT's CEO as you hardly saw him.

Agreed. I was always very smug whilst listening to the Essex boys in the office whining about their services to and from Liverpool Street and Fenchurch Street. South West Trains under the Stagecoach franchise were excellent. Hardly ever late, clean trains and would reimburse your annual card for any cancellations or delays no questions asked. I now have to apply for each individual late journey, they make it as difficult as possible. Incidentally Stagecoach ran the franchise for over 12 years and actually bid more for the new one. SWT is now run by a dodgy Chinese backed consortium who bunged the government 1.4B in order to win the tender. There was an article about it in Private Eye at the time, 2 years ago? Anyway I have to use them everyday in and out of Aldershot, see it could be worse lads.
Rail strike tonight on 11:48 - Oct 23 with 1162 viewsstevec

Rail strike tonight on 10:09 - Oct 23 by Silverfoxqpr

Agreed. I was always very smug whilst listening to the Essex boys in the office whining about their services to and from Liverpool Street and Fenchurch Street. South West Trains under the Stagecoach franchise were excellent. Hardly ever late, clean trains and would reimburse your annual card for any cancellations or delays no questions asked. I now have to apply for each individual late journey, they make it as difficult as possible. Incidentally Stagecoach ran the franchise for over 12 years and actually bid more for the new one. SWT is now run by a dodgy Chinese backed consortium who bunged the government 1.4B in order to win the tender. There was an article about it in Private Eye at the time, 2 years ago? Anyway I have to use them everyday in and out of Aldershot, see it could be worse lads.

You and CamberleyR have it right.

South West trains used to run our line superbly and yet lost the franchise whilst Southern have been a pile of shit for years and somehow hang onto theirs. This new lot, South Western Railways, are a shambles.

That fcking helmet Chris Grayling has a lot to answer for. MP for our area and half of Surrey seem to have Oyster now whilst us, bang smack in the middle of it AND his constituency don't get Oyster and continue to pay top dollar to use their fckin shit service. That man is a wrong'un.
Rail strike tonight on 11:55 - Oct 23 with 1137 viewssmegma

So South West Trains were replaced by South Western Railways??? A cunning name change ....
Rail strike tonight on 12:00 - Oct 23 with 1122 viewsSnipper

All railways should be renationalised. They should never be run for the sole purpose of lining some kunts pocket. Or should I say the friends of the political classes.

I include Conservative & Labour together on that one.
Rail strike tonight on 12:28 - Oct 23 with 1066 viewsstowmarketrange

Rail strike tonight on 12:00 - Oct 23 by Snipper

All railways should be renationalised. They should never be run for the sole purpose of lining some kunts pocket. Or should I say the friends of the political classes.

I include Conservative & Labour together on that one.

Or to subsidise other countries transport systems on the backs of British travellers.
Login to get fewer ads

Rail strike tonight on 14:15 - Oct 23 with 923 viewssmegma

Rail strike tonight on 12:28 - Oct 23 by stowmarketrange

Or to subsidise other countries transport systems on the backs of British travellers.

There's a regular Diesel engine that sits on the tracks adjacent to the Central LIne tracks at Greenford with Deutschland Bahn (German Railways) livery.

I bought a train ticket last week from Malaga to Seville and my e ticket says I paid Deutsche Bahn
Rail strike tonight on 21:05 - Oct 23 with 737 viewsdanehoop

Some fairly interesting reflections on SWT. But I fear some rose tinted spectacles are at play. SWT were pretty appalling, SWR are pretty appalling. Been using them for past 6 years and notice no obvious difference with either. When shit happens each is equally bad.

Southern are gash though.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024