Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Innovation 17:02 - Jan 13 with 565 viewsgerry_us

Can't help thinking that the game would vastly improve if they made the football shirts totally without sleeves...not even the hole for the arms...or maybe just play in straight jackets. Would solve so many problems that are rife, especially in the Prem.
Innovation on 20:34 - Jan 13 with 543 viewswessex_exile

How about playing topless but with body-painted shirts? Someone having to take over in goal could be tricky mind you...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Innovation on 21:16 - Jan 13 with 538 viewsgerry_us

Innovation on 20:34 - Jan 13 by wessex_exile

How about playing topless but with body-painted shirts? Someone having to take over in goal could be tricky mind you...

Now you are being silly
Innovation on 08:06 - Jan 14 with 515 viewsnoah4x4

Innovation on 21:16 - Jan 13 by gerry_us

Now you are being silly

Suspect Wessex had the Women's EFL in mind when suggesting topless?

More seriously, similar thoughts crossed my mind after the Notts County match (no not about topless women). When are "arms not in a natural position" to determine handball? I reckon referee Breakspeare knew he had missed the blatant goal line handball and to compensate near immediately gave us a soft penalty when Senior tumbled over. Any time (IMHO) a player stops a ball crossing the goal line with his hand/arm it MUST be a penalty. But "natural position....."?

Shoulder dislocation is an unatural position, but obviously too extreme; similarly, if players had their arms tied to their sides like Irish Dancers that would destroy balance and skills. I reached the conclusion that ANY handball should be penalised with graduated sanctions. If deemed deliberate by a direct free kick/penalty and yellow (or red) card. If deemed not deliberate by an indirect free kick at the place of the offence. If ALL handball was penalised, I suspect we would see more consistent interpretation of the laws; players would be more cautious and a majority deemed deliberate.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2019 8:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024