Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Body Mass Index 12:12 - Jan 22 with 732 viewsbwildered

Great emphases has been made lately on the fact that the club only have the twelfth biggest wages budget in the division ( although ex- academy players are not included ).
Having just played and been defeated by a club which had two recent big budget loan signings, does money talk or has the club now lost it's mojo in playing above its weight /BMI ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Body Mass Index on 13:15 - Jan 22 with 723 viewsLeadbelly

Money talks for certain but coaching, management and leadership all have a part to play in determining success or failure.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Body Mass Index on 21:17 - Jan 24 with 624 viewsnoah4x4

Money definitely talks.

When Financial Fair Play was introduced it was predicted that the leagues would eventually line up in wage budget value. There are inevitable exceptions in any three year cycle but if we analysed a ten year cycle my guess is this would now be proved true.

We all wish for promotion, but when we can only muster 3,000 home supporters even when in Division One, it is unlikely to be sustainable on the wage budget that permits. Frankly, I would sooner watch us win 40% in Division Two rather that suffer the pain of the last five years. I don't mind the losing, but the constant moans about Cowling etc are in my humble opinion unjustified. If local people won't put more money into the club, why should he? Don't say it is "just a tax loss to him". Even if any losses might be offset against other investments he only saves a maximum of 40% of what he invests. It still costs him an awful lot of money and I am grateful.
Body Mass Index on 12:38 - Jan 25 with 590 viewsLeadbelly

Body Mass Index on 21:17 - Jan 24 by noah4x4

Money definitely talks.

When Financial Fair Play was introduced it was predicted that the leagues would eventually line up in wage budget value. There are inevitable exceptions in any three year cycle but if we analysed a ten year cycle my guess is this would now be proved true.

We all wish for promotion, but when we can only muster 3,000 home supporters even when in Division One, it is unlikely to be sustainable on the wage budget that permits. Frankly, I would sooner watch us win 40% in Division Two rather that suffer the pain of the last five years. I don't mind the losing, but the constant moans about Cowling etc are in my humble opinion unjustified. If local people won't put more money into the club, why should he? Don't say it is "just a tax loss to him". Even if any losses might be offset against other investments he only saves a maximum of 40% of what he invests. It still costs him an awful lot of money and I am grateful.

Last season Accrington Stanley made it very clear they were aiming for promotion, despite crowds lower than ours. They were positive in their intent, went for it and succeeded. It can be done.

Whilst the chairman no doubt spends his money there is rarely, if ever, anything positive to take from his sporadic comments in the media. He refers to our having the 12th highest budget as if that means finishing 11th should be considered a triumph. After a decent first half of the season for the first time in ages he says there is no money for new signings unless players leave. That may be true but it's hardly inspiring. Dropping the shuttle buses because it would save money is much the same. As a method of trying to generate greater interest in the club and higher attendances at games this approach, in my opinion, is somewhat flawed.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Body Mass Index on 16:25 - Jan 25 with 582 viewsnoah4x4

Can't disagree Lead', but unless we know of some rich Beijing resident that might invest oodles in the club I cannot see any alternative to Cowling.

It could be worse, Marcus Evans.
It could be even worse; David Cardoza (ex Northampton owner)
Sadly, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha was killed in a helicopter crash.

I blame Waddington for the 'shuttle buses' - a lack or research.

As regards having no money for players, with FFP we can't spend more on our wage bill than our Revenue; and Cowling can't lend money to the club money under the rules. If the town's folk won't put the money in through the gates....who will?
[Post edited 25 Jan 2019 16:29]
Body Mass Index on 17:21 - Jan 25 with 569 viewsbwildered

Bought the question up because when back in the day, Roberts, Wiggy and Whitton managed regularly to avoid relegation (in the next division up ), on low resources when playing against much more larger clubs .
It became a quick excuse to raise the wages/ salary after last weekends defeat from the jaws of victory .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024