Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crewe thread 14:38 - Jan 26 with 883 viewsgerry_us

Big omen for today's game.
Referee....Peter Wright....yeah!
Crewe thread on 14:41 - Jan 26 with 880 viewsmfb_cufc

U's side to face Crewe: Gilmartin, Jackson, Eastman, Prosser, Vincent-Young, Lapslie, Pell, Senior, Szmodics, Nouble, Mandron (one change)

U's subs: Kent, Wright, Comley, Dunne, Dickenson, Ogedi-Uzokwe, Barnes

mfb

Crewe thread on 15:18 - Jan 26 with 865 viewsgerry_us

1-0 U's. Sammy Smods. If it stays that way I'll get lots of points in prediction league but I'm fearful of leading so early...and there is still the Porter factor.
Crewe thread on 15:42 - Jan 26 with 863 viewsLeadbelly

Crewe thread on 15:18 - Jan 26 by gerry_us

1-0 U's. Sammy Smods. If it stays that way I'll get lots of points in prediction league but I'm fearful of leading so early...and there is still the Porter factor.

Good pass from the Crewe defender to set up Sammie!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Crewe thread on 15:45 - Jan 26 with 860 viewsLeadbelly

Nouble seems intent on being sent off. Spoken to by the referee and booked for his next challenge. Obviously didn’t listen.

Crewe thread on 17:04 - Jan 26 with 838 viewswessex_exile

Our prospects for anything from this season are rapidly evaporating - something must be done, and soon. Is it the squad not being good enough, poor tactics from McGreal? Is it time for Robbie to have McGreal in his office Monday morning?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Crewe thread on 17:06 - Jan 26 with 837 viewsLeadbelly

One shot on target, another second half capitulation and out of the play off places. What do McGreal and Ball say in the dressing room at half time? Very poor.

Crewe thread on 17:10 - Jan 26 with 833 viewsnoah4x4

On way back. Shocking second half yet again.

Are the players fit enough for 90 minutes?
Crewe thread on 17:13 - Jan 26 with 830 viewsLeadbelly

Crewe thread on 17:10 - Jan 26 by noah4x4

On way back. Shocking second half yet again.

Are the players fit enough for 90 minutes?

Seems as if 45 minutes is about their limit

Login to get fewer ads

Crewe thread on 18:00 - Jan 26 with 802 viewsLeadbelly

Crewe thread on 17:04 - Jan 26 by wessex_exile

Our prospects for anything from this season are rapidly evaporating - something must be done, and soon. Is it the squad not being good enough, poor tactics from McGreal? Is it time for Robbie to have McGreal in his office Monday morning?

The squad lacks sufficient depth to secure promotion. McGreal doesn’t learn from mistakes and seems happy to defend for long periods to secure a point, as happened today. The problem is it rarely works. Players who are producing nothing play every week (Nouble), presumably because there is no better option available. Substitutions are so often too late and rarely have a positive effect.

Rigid adherence to FFP rules is absolutely fine but when we had a chance of automatic promotion late last year would anyone have criticised if the chairman had taken a chance and spent some money to strengthen the squad in early January (as most of our competitors have done) No discernible ambition beyond continued existence will not increase interest or attendances thereby guaranteeing that continued existence is all we can expect. I hope I’m totally wrong but a gradual decline for the foreseeable future feels more likely than genuine progress towards being a top League 2 side or even, heaven forbid, securing promotion.

Crewe thread on 21:04 - Jan 26 with 743 viewsgerry_us

BBC reports "U's were a fading force..."
Just today, or for the rest of the season? Looks like we have had the good times this season but we normally stay interested later than January. Oh being a U's supporter..it ain't easy or especially enjoyable.
Surely we must be in line for a new manager as this one doesn't have a clue.
Crewe thread on 22:02 - Jan 26 with 724 viewsLeadbelly

Crewe thread on 21:04 - Jan 26 by gerry_us

BBC reports "U's were a fading force..."
Just today, or for the rest of the season? Looks like we have had the good times this season but we normally stay interested later than January. Oh being a U's supporter..it ain't easy or especially enjoyable.
Surely we must be in line for a new manager as this one doesn't have a clue.

During the post match interview McGreal said he thought the game was petering out for a 1-1 draw. Just the sort of ambitious and dynamic thinking we need!

Crewe thread on 09:29 - Jan 27 with 672 viewsbwildered

A blank page to show again what we got out of a game we were leading in McCluless .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Crewe thread on 11:33 - Jan 27 with 649 viewsMoor_Pinot

There is nothing dynamic about the management. They also appear passionless, even rather comfortable with their lot.

I don't know the underlyings....but the U's have not been the same since Swindon taught all other opposition how to play against us and snuff out our early season form - this in a game they actually lost.

Since then we have displyed no other version of our game and even sides in the bottom two can consider themselves unlucky not to have won drawn games against us. Given what I believe from all the live games I have watched to be a better squad than for some time this is a worry.
Teams wear us down from half time onwards and we become hapless and clueless. I agree with Noah, they also look tired out but poor substitutions could also affect this. We have no playmaker - oh for Kevin Watson - and our defence are often our most creative platform now that the wings are ineffective. I cannot understand Nouble's inclusion given his form.

Our methodology has resulted in a 3 month period of total inconsistency but largely a fading series of performances. We have not won at home for 2 months. We are beginning to look like a team who can only finish 12th. With novice management we never seem to change tack, try something different nor to play with much passion. Even Sammie seems resigned rather than animated during games. Post game interviews with management are - like yesterday - excruciating in their lack of ambition.
It's a damned shame because we have a goodish if rather lightweight squad who have given more than a hint of hope this year and played some nice football quite regularly. Mansfield were very good and we nearly beat them so we cannot be far from a good side ourselves. I can hope for upturn.

I dunno if as you say Lead the adherence to FFP rules is partly at the bottom of it but there is a comfy feel around the club rather than a motivated promotion seeking one; but what do I know? It just feels like the club's highly laudible and logical policy is providing the man funding it with very little reward. Robbie has made sure we got a stadium and protects the team that play there but his 13 seasons have been 11 mundane ones and 2 relegations, so I feel for him. Maybe, unlike the management, he will prove me wrong and that there is a plan B and more ambition will accrue. In the meantime I live in hope of a decent run being finally put together by our squad...

We shall see, Up the U's

Moor Pinot

Crewe thread on 16:16 - Jan 27 with 604 viewsgerry_us

Crewe thread on 09:29 - Jan 27 by bwildered

A blank page to show again what we got out of a game we were leading in McCluless .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sad but true BWD.
Perhaps we should stop getting these early goals as it seems to determine how we play for the rest of the match...negatively! The philosophy can only come from the top cant it?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024