Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six Nations Thread 2019 09:19 - Jan 30 with 23052 viewsrobith

It's that time of year again

IN BEFORE - posh people taking over pubs and not drinking. It's been done lads

Intriguing year this year pre World Cup. Some talk teams should blood players, but imo that should have been done already. This is about making sure your team is battle hardened and firing.

England have absolutely lost the plot imo. Trying to play mind games with the second most professional set of players in the world and posting videos of them trying to copy Ireland's tactics waving pool noodles at people. Gonna be quite embarrassing when Ireland grind them into dust.

Ireland - last year I felt like we should be winning by default with everyone else's injuries, but in that process they seemed to find the confidence to drive on to ever new heights. Leinster are dominating the European game. We'll have a target on us and we'll relish it - but this is a test of how good we actually are and how we've manged to negate our bottle job heritage.

Wales are the quiet ones to watch. They've steadily been racking up wins, look refreshed with some new personnel, and got that Australia win monkey off their backs. I'm going to Wales Ireland final game and I'm expecting it to be the decider.

Scotland - won't win but are bloody good fun to watch. France and Italy remain rubbish.

Some of you may remember that I tried to start a rugby podcast last year - and I've put a bit of effort in to get it off the ground again this year. If Clive's ok with self promotion, you can listen to it here, or search for Numbers! in the itunes store!

https://soundcloud.com/user-152690766/3-six-nations-2019-preview
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 10:07 - Feb 2 with 2726 viewsSimonJames

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 09:29 - Feb 2 by Phildo

I don’t think Gatland said much other than try and put a few phases together. Then they were handed a couple of tries on a plate. If I was a french fan I would want my whole team tested for horse tranquillisers they were that stupid in the second half.

"The message at half-time was to just raise the tempo," said Gatland... "To win this tournament, you need a bit of luck," he added.

Too flipping right!
Their first try was created out of nothing - well done!
But the second one was sheer bad luck for Huget
And as for Vahaamahina's stupidity... I wouldn't be surprised if he was given his final Gitane to smoke and lined up against "le mur".

100% of people who drink water will die.

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 10:14 - Feb 2 with 2718 viewsDixie_CT

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 10:07 - Feb 2 by SimonJames

"The message at half-time was to just raise the tempo," said Gatland... "To win this tournament, you need a bit of luck," he added.

Too flipping right!
Their first try was created out of nothing - well done!
But the second one was sheer bad luck for Huget
And as for Vahaamahina's stupidity... I wouldn't be surprised if he was given his final Gitane to smoke and lined up against "le mur".

Hahaha brilliant!

One last Giante before the guillotine

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 13:46 - Feb 2 with 2642 viewsrobith

Oh France, can't you go five minutes without humiliating yourself?
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 18:38 - Feb 2 with 2585 viewsMrSheen

That aged well!
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 18:57 - Feb 2 with 2559 viewsElHoop

Sweet as a f*cking nut!
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 19:01 - Feb 2 with 2544 viewsDiscodroids

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 18:38 - Feb 2 by MrSheen

That aged well!

I can only hope England are not too embarrassed at being ground into the dust by winning wining away in Dublin, where the All blacks last failed, and that they can remember where the plot was lost where it was last left.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 19:03]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 19:17 - Feb 2 with 2526 viewsMoonshineSteve

Yeah, get in!

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 20:19 - Feb 2 with 2448 viewseasthertsr

You boys got an absolute seeing too! What a performance from England, out played, out muscled, and out coached! Being the second best team in 2018 is not great when the World Cup is in 2019!
Login to get fewer ads

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 21:15 - Feb 2 with 2401 viewsrobith

Savage performance by England. Not many teams will enjoy playing them this year if they do that on the regular
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 21:29 - Feb 2 with 2383 viewsShotKneesHoop

If only QPR had tried with 30% of the commitment shown by the rugby boys today, they migh=t have got a result, Can't be arsed FC = QPR

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 11:19 - Feb 3 with 2189 viewsstevenagehoop

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 21:15 - Feb 2 by robith

Savage performance by England. Not many teams will enjoy playing them this year if they do that on the regular

‘Gonna be quite embarrassing when Ireland grind them into the dust’. Think your post should contain more humble pie than ‘savage performance by England’. Last try might just about have saved a total embarrassment for Ireland.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 11:34 - Feb 3 with 2169 viewsrobith

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 11:19 - Feb 3 by stevenagehoop

‘Gonna be quite embarrassing when Ireland grind them into the dust’. Think your post should contain more humble pie than ‘savage performance by England’. Last try might just about have saved a total embarrassment for Ireland.

Hmm, I thought I was being magnanimous to a far better team, but apparently not good enough for everyone! I was talking about Jones' "Mourinho" style chat game, but fair play he wound them up like it was the World Cup final.

And given the next paragraph contained "but this is a test of how good we actually are and how we've manged to negate our bottle job heritage." and given we massively failed on that front I'd say that's a bit of a given.

Given that England lost 3 games in last year's tournament, and were humiliated by South Africa in the summer, I think it's fair enough that I didn't really see that coming. Massive fair knocks to them, because as much as I want to go on a rant about how shocking we were,England were very very good. Mako and Wilson were both outstanding and back 3 as a unit were excellent.

Hard to see who will stop them now if they can maintain that form, because as tragic as Ireland were, we were still probably the second best performance of the weekend
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 12:20 - Feb 3 with 2139 viewsthame_hoops

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 11:34 - Feb 3 by robith

Hmm, I thought I was being magnanimous to a far better team, but apparently not good enough for everyone! I was talking about Jones' "Mourinho" style chat game, but fair play he wound them up like it was the World Cup final.

And given the next paragraph contained "but this is a test of how good we actually are and how we've manged to negate our bottle job heritage." and given we massively failed on that front I'd say that's a bit of a given.

Given that England lost 3 games in last year's tournament, and were humiliated by South Africa in the summer, I think it's fair enough that I didn't really see that coming. Massive fair knocks to them, because as much as I want to go on a rant about how shocking we were,England were very very good. Mako and Wilson were both outstanding and back 3 as a unit were excellent.

Hard to see who will stop them now if they can maintain that form, because as tragic as Ireland were, we were still probably the second best performance of the weekend

England weren’t humiliated, one game was lost by 3 points and nearly staged a comeback
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 13:13 - Feb 3 with 2117 viewsrobith

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 12:20 - Feb 3 by thame_hoops

England weren’t humiliated, one game was lost by 3 points and nearly staged a comeback

They blew a 21 point and a 12 point lead in consecutive weeks. Thought it was pretty hilarious at the time myself

Now the boot is on the other foot - enjoy it! but don't try to retcon their summer tour. They lost to the Baa Baas!
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 13:39 - Feb 3 with 2097 viewsrobith

Anyway I'm talking about the past too much. Well played England - unlucky not to win by more being honest.

Surely slam must be on - doesn't look much to oppose them and favourable fixtures
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 13:56 - Feb 3 with 2088 viewsstevenagehoop

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 11:34 - Feb 3 by robith

Generous or forgiving towards a rival or less powerful person/team. Clearly not less powerful

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 13:59 - Feb 3 with 2084 viewsMrSheen

England were helped by playing Ireland first up. After their great year, Ireland were hardly going to change a lot, while England could surprise them with a few things they hadn’t seen. Late nights coming up for the video analysts.
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 14:09 - Feb 3 with 2070 viewsrobith

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 13:59 - Feb 3 by MrSheen

England were helped by playing Ireland first up. After their great year, Ireland were hardly going to change a lot, while England could surprise them with a few things they hadn’t seen. Late nights coming up for the video analysts.

Homelessness fundraiser idea: pay for entry to the Monday video session. I've got some thoughts I'd like to share with them
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 14:14 - Feb 3 with 2063 viewsSimonJames

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 13:39 - Feb 3 by robith

Anyway I'm talking about the past too much. Well played England - unlucky not to win by more being honest.

Surely slam must be on - doesn't look much to oppose them and favourable fixtures

If we end up in a Championship decider on the last day, then you can expect the Scots to be a very stern test.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 14:29 - Feb 3 with 2051 viewsSnipper

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 13:13 - Feb 3 by robith

They blew a 21 point and a 12 point lead in consecutive weeks. Thought it was pretty hilarious at the time myself

Now the boot is on the other foot - enjoy it! but don't try to retcon their summer tour. They lost to the Baa Baas!

How is that humiliated? Humiliated would be losing by 20-30 points in each test. We won the last test, so only lost the series 2-1.

It’s much much harder for England to win the Six Nations or a Grand Slam. Every other team see England as the team they want to beat most.

Wales in Cardiff will be a massive test. If England play like they did yesterday though, they’ll win the Slam.
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 14:34 - Feb 3 with 2044 viewsrobith

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 14:14 - Feb 3 by SimonJames

If we end up in a Championship decider on the last day, then you can expect the Scots to be a very stern test.

Scotland are garbage away from home sadly. And the way they gave up tries against Italy yesterday wouldn't inspire confidence in their ability to repel England's attack
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 14:58 - Feb 3 with 2034 viewsBlackCrowe

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 14:34 - Feb 3 by robith

Scotland are garbage away from home sadly. And the way they gave up tries against Italy yesterday wouldn't inspire confidence in their ability to repel England's attack

Should beat France, Scotland and of course Italy. But Wales in Cardiff is super tough.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 09:57 - Feb 4 with 1901 viewshopphoops

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 16:11 - Jan 30 by hopphoops

Wales all the way.

Bump :)

One way or another...

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 10:09 - Feb 4 with 1896 viewsElHoop

Am going to the game next Sunday but am not massively optimistic.

Another game, another day. If the French hadn't made suicidal errors then they probably would have beaten Wales, who weren't very good at all. But maybe the French were still a bit better than the experts give them credit for.

It seems as if the big battalions in terms of power 'over-performed' last weekend and 'new age' rugby took a bit of a hit. If that's the case then England v France is the battle of the giants in physical terms, and we might find this very tough if (big if) the French decide that stupid mistakes are passé, as we certainly won't have physical superiority.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2019 10:09]
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 13:32 - Feb 4 with 1822 viewsToast_R

So many big units in the French line up, physical game which of course peters out in the second half as they just get knackered. So evident on Friday.

As for Ireland, what were they doing?
I tell you what, the same thing over and over which was playing right into England's game plan. Going for the middle every time not once aiming for the flanks. It was brain dead rigid. The better team won.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024