Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six Nations Thread 2019 09:19 - Jan 30 with 23090 viewsrobith

It's that time of year again

IN BEFORE - posh people taking over pubs and not drinking. It's been done lads

Intriguing year this year pre World Cup. Some talk teams should blood players, but imo that should have been done already. This is about making sure your team is battle hardened and firing.

England have absolutely lost the plot imo. Trying to play mind games with the second most professional set of players in the world and posting videos of them trying to copy Ireland's tactics waving pool noodles at people. Gonna be quite embarrassing when Ireland grind them into dust.

Ireland - last year I felt like we should be winning by default with everyone else's injuries, but in that process they seemed to find the confidence to drive on to ever new heights. Leinster are dominating the European game. We'll have a target on us and we'll relish it - but this is a test of how good we actually are and how we've manged to negate our bottle job heritage.

Wales are the quiet ones to watch. They've steadily been racking up wins, look refreshed with some new personnel, and got that Australia win monkey off their backs. I'm going to Wales Ireland final game and I'm expecting it to be the decider.

Scotland - won't win but are bloody good fun to watch. France and Italy remain rubbish.

Some of you may remember that I tried to start a rugby podcast last year - and I've put a bit of effort in to get it off the ground again this year. If Clive's ok with self promotion, you can listen to it here, or search for Numbers! in the itunes store!

https://soundcloud.com/user-152690766/3-six-nations-2019-preview
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 10:23 - Feb 23 with 2622 viewsDiscodroids

I've got a dull nagging ache in my left bollock that England are going to lose by 9 points.

as has be proven in this thread, I know more about Jonathon Nashes theorems on Governing Dynamics that Ruby Union but i feel that the loss of iToje and Mako will be to0 great to overcome in the bear pit tonight.

Would have preferred to seen Genge in for Moon but at 4.45pm i will sit right down with a few cans of Camden Hells Lager, waiting for the gift of sound and vision and hopefully an England win.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 10:23]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 10:48 - Feb 23 with 2590 viewsJamesB1979

I think England having proper flankers so we compete at the breakdown, Tuilagi at centre with Farrell playing fly half instead of lightweight Ford, these are for me main reasons for huge improvement in performance for England.
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 12:22 - Feb 23 with 2560 viewsTGRRRSSS

England by 10-15 I think.

Scotland v France in some ways is more intriguing at the outset.
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 18:28 - Feb 23 with 2533 viewsflynnbo

Boring England with no plan B today against the Welsh in their cup final.
The Welsh thoroughly deserved the victory.
[Post edited 23 Feb 2019 18:33]
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 18:41 - Feb 23 with 2510 viewshopphoops

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 09:36 - Feb 12 by hopphoops

Just to take up Robith's baton: Wales are going to blend England into a smooth bisque.

Took a bit of work but we got a fine emulsion in the end.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 19:20 - Feb 23 with 2455 viewsSimonJames

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 18:41 - Feb 23 by hopphoops

Took a bit of work but we got a fine emulsion in the end.

You will get spanked by Ireland though.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 19:35 - Feb 23 with 2436 viewsDiscodroids

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 19:20 - Feb 23 by SimonJames

The second half was like some sort of David cronenberg videodrome nightmare. I thought we were nailed on at halftime. Wales deserved it on that second half performance.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 20:16 - Feb 23 with 2400 viewstraininvain

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 19:35 - Feb 23 by Discodroids

The second half was like some sort of David cronenberg videodrome nightmare. I thought we were nailed on at halftime. Wales deserved it on that second half performance.

We should’ve put them to bed before half time. Felt like a missed opportunity at the time and proved to be in the end.

We lost momentum and they picked it up in the second half with the home crowd supporting them.
Login to get fewer ads

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 20:19 - Feb 23 with 2398 viewsjohncharles

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 10:20 - Feb 23 by Dixie_CT

Sadly I think England will have too much for Wales. I don’t think Wales have played well and are missing some big players to just kick into gear. I would say England by two scores but hope I’m wrong.

Watching it at London Broncos as their game kicks off against Castleford at 515 but deffo all eyes on Cardiff until 6ish.

That is sad 😀😀😀😀

Strong and stable my arse.

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 20:26 - Feb 23 with 2383 viewshopphoops

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 19:20 - Feb 23 by SimonJames

Very well may be!

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 20:29 - Feb 23 with 2382 viewsjohncharles

Seriously, commiserations to my English QPR mates. Watched the Scotland match in the pub in Scotland and they got stuffed. Kept track of QPR and we got stuffed. Watched the Wales/England
At home on TV and we were 3 - 10 down at half time and I was about to top myself. We came back and won and a bad day turned out okay but I think about my English QPR mates. A shitty day for you. There but for fortune.....

Strong and stable my arse.

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 09:16 - Feb 24 with 2269 viewsDixie_CT

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 20:19 - Feb 23 by johncharles

That is sad 😀😀😀😀

London Broncos/Wales fans were definitely in the minority but we had fun!

Was a pretty rubbish day for QPR & Broncos (although Castleford were clinical and deserved the win) but the most important result was the Wales one.
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 09:46 - Feb 25 with 2097 viewsDiscodroids

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 20:16 - Feb 23 by traininvain

We should’ve put them to bed before half time. Felt like a missed opportunity at the time and proved to be in the end.

We lost momentum and they picked it up in the second half with the home crowd supporting them.

Fair point. The Welsh team were like some bestial freak force of nature in that second half. I thought they had 18 players on the pitch, just engulfing us.

I note Courtney laws is out for the rest of the gig as well. Great.

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 10:43 - Feb 25 with 2074 viewsRs_Holy

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 20:29 - Feb 23 by johncharles

Seriously, commiserations to my English QPR mates. Watched the Scotland match in the pub in Scotland and they got stuffed. Kept track of QPR and we got stuffed. Watched the Wales/England
At home on TV and we were 3 - 10 down at half time and I was about to top myself. We came back and won and a bad day turned out okay but I think about my English QPR mates. A shitty day for you. There but for fortune.....

what a weekend...

England lose the cricket (from a winning position)
QPR lose (AGAIN)
England lose the rugby (from a winning position)
AFC Wimbledon lose (not looking good)

at least chelsea lost the meaningless cup final yesterday
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 18:09 - Feb 25 with 2010 viewsrobith

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 10:43 - Feb 25 by Rs_Holy

what a weekend...

England lose the cricket (from a winning position)
QPR lose (AGAIN)
England lose the rugby (from a winning position)
AFC Wimbledon lose (not looking good)

at least chelsea lost the meaningless cup final yesterday

England steadfastedly refusing to alter their game plan and end up looking remarkably like Ireland!

Felt Ford might have switched things up, and maybe Jones could allow Manu and Slade to pass the ball every now and then?

The less said about Ireland the better. Fetid.
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 23:30 - Feb 25 with 1964 viewsbob566

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 18:09 - Feb 25 by robith

England steadfastedly refusing to alter their game plan and end up looking remarkably like Ireland!

Felt Ford might have switched things up, and maybe Jones could allow Manu and Slade to pass the ball every now and then?

The less said about Ireland the better. Fetid.

So pi##ed off with ireland at the moment. Do think JS is using this six nations to experiment. Irelands strenght is having sexton kick behind defences into space. Not seeing that. Murray is constantly box kicking on every opportunity. Its not working but its something JS is persisting on. I dont like it. I think its a ruse pre WC and come WC we'll see sexton having more ball to kick behind with teams thinking murray will box kick and be more pushed up leaving space behind. At least thats what i hope
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 08:55 - Feb 26 with 1907 viewsrobith

I think there's 3 things at play

1. We've missed the physicality of some players more than I thought we would - e.g Henderson played in two victories vs England last two years, brought into the starting team specifically both times. He misses this game and suddenly we look super lightweight vs England. Hendo, Leavy, Stander (he was injured from the 13th minute of the England game) all big losses

2. Murray and Sexton are coming back from injury and in wretched form. Murray in particular has been garbage, the worst he's ever played. This is then compounded by how Joe literally never replaces them. Cooney has played >20 minutes the whole tournament

3. Joe is giving the wider squad a chance after the Argentina debacle in 2015 where a few injuries meant loads of players with no test exposure were dropped in and thrashed. Some (KIlcoyne, Roux, Carbery) are taking their chances and others (Nugget, Dillane, Murphy) and showing maybe this isn't their level
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 11:09 - Feb 26 with 1888 viewsPhildo

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 08:55 - Feb 26 by robith

I think there's 3 things at play

1. We've missed the physicality of some players more than I thought we would - e.g Henderson played in two victories vs England last two years, brought into the starting team specifically both times. He misses this game and suddenly we look super lightweight vs England. Hendo, Leavy, Stander (he was injured from the 13th minute of the England game) all big losses

2. Murray and Sexton are coming back from injury and in wretched form. Murray in particular has been garbage, the worst he's ever played. This is then compounded by how Joe literally never replaces them. Cooney has played >20 minutes the whole tournament

3. Joe is giving the wider squad a chance after the Argentina debacle in 2015 where a few injuries meant loads of players with no test exposure were dropped in and thrashed. Some (KIlcoyne, Roux, Carbery) are taking their chances and others (Nugget, Dillane, Murphy) and showing maybe this isn't their level

and heading into the WC still some questions at hooker and full back.
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 12:44 - Feb 26 with 1873 viewsrobith

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 11:09 - Feb 26 by Phildo

and heading into the WC still some questions at hooker and full back.

At 15 I think it's clear for the world cup it's either Bob or Bust as far as Joe is concerned
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 13:32 - Feb 28 with 1764 viewsTGRRRSSS

well I got that wrong...…
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 14:00 - Feb 28 with 1749 viewsSimonJames

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 13:32 - Feb 28 by TGRRRSSS

well I got that wrong...…

...because you failed to consider the psychological poison unleashed on the team by allowing John Terry to talk to them.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 19:45 - Mar 16 with 1657 viewsDixie_CT

A special day in Cardiff. Never looked backed from that electric start.

Don’t think that Wales have played that well in the Championship but a strong 2nd half v England and a comprehensive display against a disappointing Ireland was enough for the Grand Slam.

The World Cup will Be massively different but for today - Wales, Wales, Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 20:05 - Mar 16 with 1603 viewsShotKneesHoop

What a fantastic advert for sport that England vs Scotland game was. 38 - 38 after England were 31 -0 up at half time.

England played Harlem Globetrotter stuff in the first half and QPR style in the second half.

Sport was the winner, no yellow cards, no dissent, no arguments, no punch ups, no feigning injuries, no time wasting, both sides just got on with it.

Reminded me of Port Vale 4 -4, and Newcastle 5 -5 - in the end, winning wasn't everything However Port Vale was the best as I got an invite to the director's box and was treated to after match refreshments.

The Port Vale players came in so upset about giving away a 4 -0 lead that Mike Lancaster of AKUTRS fame and I had to eat all their prawn sandwiches for them.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 8:16]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Six Nations Thread 2019 on 22:04 - Mar 16 with 1522 viewsToast_R

Good stuff. Wales worthy if not boring winners, Ireland back to the drawing board and England, well, lets hope lessons are learnt before the world cup. Scotland still plucky, France were gash and Italy had heart but lacked the experience. Roll on Japan.
Six Nations Thread 2019 on 01:28 - Mar 17 with 1478 viewstimcocking

Fantastic achievement again, brilliant stuff Wales. Not the most exciting Welsh play ever, but 14 games straight and a Grand Slam? Astonishing really.

The land of my Fathers is dear to me
A land of poets and minstrels, famed men.
Her brave warriors, patriots much blessed,
It was for freedom that they lost their blood.

Wales! Wales!,
I am devoted to my country.
So long as the sea is a wall to this fair beautiful land,
May the ancient language remain.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 2:03]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024