Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Signings 12:37 - Jan 30 with 3374 viewsColukev

Have announced the permanent signing of Ben Stevenson from Wolves. Credit where credit is due, should be seen as a coup for little ole Colu. The playmaker we have been crying out for!

Also signed winger Abo Eisa on loan from Shrewsbury to give some much needed cover on the flanks. Hopefully Nouble can take a rest and regain some of his early season form.

Good work so far, could do with a decent striker.
New Signings on 13:06 - Jan 30 with 3361 viewsdurham_exile

Kev totally agree with you, Ben Stevenson is a brilliant signing. He was outstanding for us last season and I am really surprised that Wolves didn't employ him more constructively.

Their loss is very much our gain.

Abo Eisa I know little about but pacy wingers are always highly sought after.

A striker and then the promotion push is very much back on.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New Signings on 13:48 - Jan 30 with 3345 viewsbwildered

Good signing, but midfielder required ?
Comley and Wright will be surplus to requirements, or is the hole bigger than expected .
It is OK getting these signings but some players still sit on the bench over others due to the tunnel vision of the management.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

New Signings on 16:14 - Jan 30 with 3326 viewsmfb_cufc

Stevenson is an outstanding signing. Wolves paid a reported £500,000 for him when they signed from Coventry a year ago. We were told the budget for the season had been used, so I don't where we have suddenly found the wages for him, as I would imagine he is on a good wage to sign a two and half year deal. Perhaps someone like Szmodics is on the way out.

mfb

New Signings on 17:09 - Jan 30 with 3310 viewsnoah4x4

New Signings on 16:14 - Jan 30 by mfb_cufc

Stevenson is an outstanding signing. Wolves paid a reported £500,000 for him when they signed from Coventry a year ago. We were told the budget for the season had been used, so I don't where we have suddenly found the wages for him, as I would imagine he is on a good wage to sign a two and half year deal. Perhaps someone like Szmodics is on the way out.

I prefer Stevenson to Szmodics!
New Signings on 17:41 - Jan 30 with 3304 viewsmfb_cufc

New Signings on 17:09 - Jan 30 by noah4x4

I prefer Stevenson to Szmodics!

So do I.

mfb

New Signings on 17:45 - Jan 30 with 3303 viewswessex_exile

New Signings on 13:06 - Jan 30 by durham_exile

Kev totally agree with you, Ben Stevenson is a brilliant signing. He was outstanding for us last season and I am really surprised that Wolves didn't employ him more constructively.

Their loss is very much our gain.

Abo Eisa I know little about but pacy wingers are always highly sought after.

A striker and then the promotion push is very much back on.

Up the U's

Abo Eisa is brother of Bristol City striker Mohammed Eisa. Delighted to hear we've signed Ben on a permanent basis, great news!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

New Signings on 19:14 - Jan 30 with 3286 viewsoxfcolu

Rumour off the Newcastle local is a loan signing Cal Roberts. I think somebody is due to leave. Watch this space.
New Signings on 19:43 - Jan 30 with 3271 viewsmfb_cufc

New Signings on 19:14 - Jan 30 by oxfcolu

Rumour off the Newcastle local is a loan signing Cal Roberts. I think somebody is due to leave. Watch this space.

From the Daily Mail's North East football correspondent:-

Understand NUFC's Callum Roberts will join Colchester United on loan in the next 24 hours.

Roberts is a forward who scored 3 goals + 2 assists in 3 games for the Newcastle U21's in this seasons Checkaturd trophy. He recently scored his first goal for the first team in the recent FA Cup win against Blackburn. Seems like somebody who could do a job for us.

The question now has to be who is leaving?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2019 20:12]

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

New Signings on 20:17 - Jan 30 with 3249 viewsoxfcolu

I think it has to be Smodzics.
Basic maths, and the rumour mill. I think all the fans would have worked it out. Let's wait until tomorrow.
New Signings on 21:40 - Jan 30 with 3225 viewsthrillseeker

We may move on/ cancel contracts of a few fringe players like Cameron James but I can't see anyone leaving as not sure we have any player good enough to command a decent fee.
New Signings on 22:36 - Jan 30 with 3210 viewsdurham_exile

New Signings on 19:43 - Jan 30 by mfb_cufc

From the Daily Mail's North East football correspondent:-

Understand NUFC's Callum Roberts will join Colchester United on loan in the next 24 hours.

Roberts is a forward who scored 3 goals + 2 assists in 3 games for the Newcastle U21's in this seasons Checkaturd trophy. He recently scored his first goal for the first team in the recent FA Cup win against Blackburn. Seems like somebody who could do a job for us.

The question now has to be who is leaving?
[Post edited 30 Jan 2019 20:12]

Eisa and Roberts will both be loan signings.

According to Newcastle Roberts is a midfielder/pacy winger.

Are we going to lose Senior or Dickenson.

If Szmodics leaves how much will he command and who will sign him.
Our Suffolk fiends I wonder.

Absolutely delighted with Ben Stevenson signing and he must play against the Cobblers on Saturday.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New Signings on 09:15 - Jan 31 with 3167 viewsdurham_exile

New Signings on 22:36 - Jan 30 by durham_exile

Absolutely delighted with Ben Stevenson signing and he must play against the Cobblers on Saturday.

Up the U's

As Aaron Collins has also been released by Wolves, lets sign him because I think he has lots of ability and we failed to utilise him properly during his loan spell.

Collins would be able to provide the striking role that we are missing with Norris out for weeks.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

New Signings on 09:33 - Jan 31 with 3166 viewsbwildered

Seems like the academy have not got any players to progress at present, some to young, yes , but signing two / three players does send a message that opportunity does not present itself .
With Norris out injured perhaps Nouble could be played down the middle, but better shooting boots by however fits that roll .
With Lapsie, Pell and Stevenson a change in formation would be required.
Having a keeper/coach playing in first team still concerns me, has big Sam departure is now sorely missed.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

New Signings on 12:46 - Jan 31 with 3139 viewsColukev

New Signings on 22:36 - Jan 30 by durham_exile

Up the U's

What concerns me, is that i seem to remember the last month or 2 of Stevenson's loan spell, he was sat on the bench?

Didn't understand it at the time, and hope we are not going to go down the Slater route again with him.
New Signings on 14:01 - Jan 31 with 3121 viewsLeadbelly

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-united-

I've seen nothing so far to confirm this.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

New Signings on 14:43 - Jan 31 with 3107 viewsLeadbelly

New Signings on 14:01 - Jan 31 by Leadbelly

https://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/newcastle-united-

I've seen nothing so far to confirm this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47072371

Now I have!

We have a glut of wide players now so if Nouble starts at left wing on Saturday I shall be writing to my MP.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

New Signings on 15:05 - Jan 31 with 3095 viewsMoor_Pinot

This is all rather encouraging.
I know that they've not kicked a ball for us yet but I am hopeful.
P'raps, as I suggested oon the Crewe thread RC does have a plan B............to make up for the fact that his management do not.

I was never a Humes knocker. I thought him an intelligent and considered man who may have made a good manager. I suspect his hand behind the signings. He seems to find good ones for us - Norris being a recent example. I was upset by the attitude of some of our crowd towards Humes who....probably to his own detriment never really looked like what they thought a manager should look like and had a go back at some of them.

Like Noah 4x4 I too prefer Stevenson to Szmodics, although I'd happily hang on to the latter. Nouble is tired out and has lost form, he's a red-card in waiting. He would, like his brother, make a top notch non league player but his unwillingness to cross the ball and his willingness to slow everything right down after a quick break means that our forwards get little service. I have felt for both Norris and Mandron since Deccember.

Today's news is excellent as it is not quite too late to make a challenge for the top 7. I agree Durham, Collins would be worth a punt as well. We do well out of Wolves, the Elokobi connection monitored by Humes perhaps?
Humes comment about Eisa being 'future' may also suggest a permanent deal if the lad does well. A bit of competition for Senior will be good as he too has lost form and hiis skill levels have definitely dropped away lately.

All in all, well pleased with the signings and like Lead I do hope they get a go on Saturday and allow Nouble to do some jobs round the house for a few weeks. Still suspicious that we might just do to find ourselves a goalie though.....

Up the U's......thrify and shrewd!

Moor Pinot

New Signings on 23:39 - Jan 31 with 2971 viewsoxfcolu

Glad I was so wrong about our players being poached.
Now we have some fresh keen talent please use them on the pitch and not as
bench warmers.😁
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024