Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good for Tone 19:06 - Mar 17 with 4397 viewsitsbiga

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/03/17/business/airasia-tony-fe

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Good for Tone on 20:55 - Mar 17 with 4209 viewsisawqpratwcity

It's a good start.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Good for Tone on 21:26 - Mar 17 with 4130 viewsGloryHunter

He just needs to quit Twitter now
Good for Tone on 22:06 - Mar 17 with 4048 viewsDejR_vu

He’s right and should be applauded for taking a stand. Hopefully other high profile people will follow.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2019 22:17]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Good for Tone on 22:07 - Mar 17 with 4046 viewstraininvain

He has a point. The likes of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc spread a lot of the hate and disharmony that we’re seeing across the world.

Sometimes wonder if we’d be better off just switching the internet off.
Good for Tone on 11:42 - Mar 19 with 3716 viewsJuzzie

Good for Tone on 22:07 - Mar 17 by traininvain

He has a point. The likes of Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc spread a lot of the hate and disharmony that we’re seeing across the world.

Sometimes wonder if we’d be better off just switching the internet off.

No need to switch the internet off, it is used for things other than social media. Just shut down social media.
We managed OK without it beforehand. It's now just a massive platform for people whose voices would usually only be heard by their mates down the pub.

Then you have huge issues with teen (and probably older) peer pressure.
And finally, it'll be a good day when I finally don't see any more pictures of people's dinner, duck face selfies, loaded messages such as "God, I really hate some people..." [sits back and waits for the responses that was set out to get] and so on.

The reaction people get to all of these releases Dopamine which is why it's become so additive and is just as dangerous as alcohol or drugs.

I went on a "taming the email beast" course at work recently (compulsory for all employees) and it was really interesting that state we have got ourselves in over emails and social media. The stress, anxiety, unrealistic expectations, pressures, etc. it causes is immense.
Good for Tone on 11:53 - Mar 19 with 3687 viewskensalriser

I look forward to Tone speaking out on behalf of the repressed LGBT community in Malaysia. Not holding my breath.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Good for Tone on 11:54 - Mar 19 with 3685 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Good for Tone on 11:42 - Mar 19 by Juzzie

No need to switch the internet off, it is used for things other than social media. Just shut down social media.
We managed OK without it beforehand. It's now just a massive platform for people whose voices would usually only be heard by their mates down the pub.

And finally, it'll be a good day when I finally don't see any more pictures of people's dinner, duck face selfies, loaded messages such as "God, I really hate some people..." [sits back and waits for the responses that was set out to get] and so on.

The reaction people get to all of these releases Dopamine which is why it's become so additive and is just as dangerous as alcohol or drugs.

I went on a "taming the email beast" course at work recently (compulsory for all employees) and it was really interesting that state we have got ourselves in over emails and social media. The stress, anxiety, unrealistic expectations, pressures, etc. it causes is immense.

All very good points.

I also think reality TV shows are hopefully at a turning point and we will see less and less of them.

Two suicides from Celebrity Love Island or whatever it is caused shows the effect on some of these people when their fifteen minutes of fame (Copyright A Warhol) are over.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 15:20]
Good for Tone on 12:58 - Mar 19 with 3597 viewsDaiHo0p

He made the decision to watch it, not FB.
Login to get fewer ads

Good for Tone on 13:32 - Mar 19 with 3531 viewswestberksr

Good for Tone on 12:58 - Mar 19 by DaiHo0p

He made the decision to watch it, not FB.

don't think he said that he watched; just that FaceBook should have acted quicker and should do more in general for this sort of thing to not be shown.

can't imagine that he sat there glued to the live feed; the unfortunate thing is the video has popped up all over via WhatsApp etc.
Good for Tone on 13:37 - Mar 19 with 3517 viewsloftboy

Deleted my Facebook after ten years 6 months ago, twitter followed , feel a lot better not being on them, this is literally the only social media site I use.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Good for Tone on 13:45 - Mar 19 with 3490 viewsMick_S

Good for Tone on 13:37 - Mar 19 by loftboy

Deleted my Facebook after ten years 6 months ago, twitter followed , feel a lot better not being on them, this is literally the only social media site I use.

This is also my only social media. I take a mean selfie mind.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Good for Tone on 14:16 - Mar 19 with 3435 viewsBoston

And there’s me thinking the problem was, is Tone deaf?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Good for Tone on 15:21 - Mar 19 with 3385 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Good for Tone on 13:45 - Mar 19 by Mick_S

This is also my only social media. I take a mean selfie mind.

Yes, we can see Bob
Good for Tone on 16:27 - Mar 19 with 3315 viewsPinnerPaul

Yep - easy really.

I've said it before, Joey Barton never used to bother me on social media because...………….
Good for Tone on 17:07 - Mar 19 with 3294 viewsPunteR

Ridiculous stance by him.
He might get more credibility if he came off all social media. Which he won't.
FB is brilliant used the right way. Not their fault the world is FUBAR. In fact used the right way FB is one of the few good things that's happened in the modern world.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Good for Tone on 18:04 - Mar 19 with 3249 viewstraininvain

Good for Tone on 17:07 - Mar 19 by PunteR

Ridiculous stance by him.
He might get more credibility if he came off all social media. Which he won't.
FB is brilliant used the right way. Not their fault the world is FUBAR. In fact used the right way FB is one of the few good things that's happened in the modern world.

The problem is that by allowing people to share such videos they are adding to the problem as all it takes is for one nutter to be angered by the footage and next thing you know there's another terrorist attack being committed.

Newspapers or websites wouldn't get away with posting videos of beheadings or people shooting up mosques so why is Facebook or YouTube any different?

If Facebook cannot stop someone sharing a live feed of 50 people being murdered and the subsequent sharing of this footage on their website then maybe it's not fit for purpose.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 18:05]
Good for Tone on 18:36 - Mar 19 with 3216 viewsWatfordR

Taming the email beast.

Some years ago now, in my previous investment banking life, I was sent to attend a course on effective time management. We were asked to identify the greatest sources of pressure on our daily routines, and obviously the receipt of emails was pretty much everyone's number one contributor.

We were each asked how we managed our inboxes. One of the attendees said "Well I receive approximately 1600 internal emails a day. So each morning when I get in, I delete the lot. I figure if anyone really needs my attention, they'll ring me".

Needless to say, this was not a popular answer with the course leader!
Good for Tone on 20:25 - Mar 19 with 3141 viewsJuzzie

Good for Tone on 18:36 - Mar 19 by WatfordR

Taming the email beast.

Some years ago now, in my previous investment banking life, I was sent to attend a course on effective time management. We were asked to identify the greatest sources of pressure on our daily routines, and obviously the receipt of emails was pretty much everyone's number one contributor.

We were each asked how we managed our inboxes. One of the attendees said "Well I receive approximately 1600 internal emails a day. So each morning when I get in, I delete the lot. I figure if anyone really needs my attention, they'll ring me".

Needless to say, this was not a popular answer with the course leader!

The course leader should be sacked!

On our course the guy said if you need to low level casually contact someone, email. If its a bit more necessary, phone them. If its urgent, go see them.

This course was mainly based around interal communication usage for everyone as were are in the same building. About 1600 of us.
Thing is, people dont do the latter two. Easier to send an email and any responses are therefore in writing or its your fault if you’ve not responded. Phone or face to face contact is almost becoming too scary for people to deal with.
Good for Tone on 21:18 - Mar 19 with 3098 viewsBoston

Good for Tone on 11:53 - Mar 19 by kensalriser

I look forward to Tone speaking out on behalf of the repressed LGBT community in Malaysia. Not holding my breath.

Wot abahht the repressed QPR community,eh?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Good for Tone on 22:30 - Mar 19 with 3047 viewskensalriser

Good for Tone on 21:18 - Mar 19 by Boston

Wot abahht the repressed QPR community,eh?

We're depressed, not repressed.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024