Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's 16:36 - Mar 22 with 2361 viewsdurham_exile

As I am still holidaying in the South West I'm going to keep this short and sweet especially with Micky Mellon me old fruit in town with Tranmere Rovers this weekend.

Quite simply another must win if we are to achieve a top seven finish

Lincoln 38 76
Bury 37 70
Mansfield 38 66
MK Dons 38 66
Tranmere 37 61
FGR 38 58
Exeter 37 58
Col u 38 57
Carlisle 38 57

Team

Gilmartin

Jackson Eastman Kent Vincent-Young

Senior Lapslie Stevenson Mandron

Szmodics Nouble

Subs
Barnes Miller Eisa Dickenson Chilvers Norris Prosser

Weather at the Jobserve 11 degrees Celsius cloudy hopefully the goal mouths will neither be sticky nor muddy tomorrow.

Give Todd Miller 30 minutes second half he will scare them rigid.

Enjoy the game Colchester to win surprisingly easily 4-0

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 15:59 - Mar 24 with 566 viewsnoah4x4

Our poor run coincides with the absence of Pell, Lapslie, Nouble etc. Having watched the U23's (sorry I meant our U18s) getting hammered most weeks I can confirm that yesterday McGreal had few other real options from the bench. Todd Millar shows promise, but is far too lightweight (like Senior).

I reckon the head that should roll is whoever made the decision to send so many of our older under 23s out on loan (was that Humes?) giving McGreal no options. We have two talented goalscorers out on loan in Junior and Decarry Sherriff. Paul Rooney, a decent defender. But in summary, the squad is just not good enough and not deep enough. Let's hope this bizarre strategy of giving other clubs our best kids pays off next season.

No top manager would ever wish to come here given tiny gates and hence small budget under Financial Fair Play, so I see no point in sacking McGreal who has shown more promise than any other manager since Boothroyd and Lambert. For those that repeatedly and mistakenly argue FFP isn't relevant, witness Birmingham City's points deduction.
Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 19:01 - Mar 24 with 527 viewswessex_exile

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 15:59 - Mar 24 by noah4x4

Our poor run coincides with the absence of Pell, Lapslie, Nouble etc. Having watched the U23's (sorry I meant our U18s) getting hammered most weeks I can confirm that yesterday McGreal had few other real options from the bench. Todd Millar shows promise, but is far too lightweight (like Senior).

I reckon the head that should roll is whoever made the decision to send so many of our older under 23s out on loan (was that Humes?) giving McGreal no options. We have two talented goalscorers out on loan in Junior and Decarry Sherriff. Paul Rooney, a decent defender. But in summary, the squad is just not good enough and not deep enough. Let's hope this bizarre strategy of giving other clubs our best kids pays off next season.

No top manager would ever wish to come here given tiny gates and hence small budget under Financial Fair Play, so I see no point in sacking McGreal who has shown more promise than any other manager since Boothroyd and Lambert. For those that repeatedly and mistakenly argue FFP isn't relevant, witness Birmingham City's points deduction.

Villa, Sheff Wed and Derby may be facing similar sanctions too. Whilst it may be hard on those at these clubs, and of course the supporters, who have no control over how their finances are managed, I am gratified to see that the FFP rules and those that apply them have finally got some teeth.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 19:02]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024