Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's 16:36 - Mar 22 with 2362 viewsdurham_exile

As I am still holidaying in the South West I'm going to keep this short and sweet especially with Micky Mellon me old fruit in town with Tranmere Rovers this weekend.

Quite simply another must win if we are to achieve a top seven finish

Lincoln 38 76
Bury 37 70
Mansfield 38 66
MK Dons 38 66
Tranmere 37 61
FGR 38 58
Exeter 37 58
Col u 38 57
Carlisle 38 57

Team

Gilmartin

Jackson Eastman Kent Vincent-Young

Senior Lapslie Stevenson Mandron

Szmodics Nouble

Subs
Barnes Miller Eisa Dickenson Chilvers Norris Prosser

Weather at the Jobserve 11 degrees Celsius cloudy hopefully the goal mouths will neither be sticky nor muddy tomorrow.

Give Todd Miller 30 minutes second half he will scare them rigid.

Enjoy the game Colchester to win surprisingly easily 4-0

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 18:08 - Mar 22 with 1767 viewsGOSBTS

4-0 would not surprise me - either way! However I'm expecting the unexpected so I'm going for a 0-0 as Col U seem to like to keep us on our toes at the moment.

Don't think I'll be in attendance tomorrow as a trip to Wembley to see the Albion in the FA Cup Semi-Final has cost me £28 just to become a member to have a shot at a ticket, and a further £45 for a decent seat when tickets go on sale on Tuesday! My wife is being very accommodating of it but don't want to push my luck.
Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 08:54 - Mar 23 with 1677 viewsdurham_exile

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 18:08 - Mar 22 by GOSBTS

4-0 would not surprise me - either way! However I'm expecting the unexpected so I'm going for a 0-0 as Col U seem to like to keep us on our toes at the moment.

Don't think I'll be in attendance tomorrow as a trip to Wembley to see the Albion in the FA Cup Semi-Final has cost me £28 just to become a member to have a shot at a ticket, and a further £45 for a decent seat when tickets go on sale on Tuesday! My wife is being very accommodating of it but don't want to push my luck.

Hope that you enjoy the semi-final and that you might get the chance to see the super U's at Wembley on May 25th!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 11:03 - Mar 23 with 1656 viewsbwildered

Bounce back, stay united, belief, confidence and hardest game of the season. Another game where we hand another of our play off rivals three points or finally realise it is down too ourselves to turn up.
Or will groundhog be upon us with .. Would have made the playoffs if we had another game or point .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 13:28 - Mar 23 with 1629 viewsGOSBTS

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 08:54 - Mar 23 by durham_exile

Hope that you enjoy the semi-final and that you might get the chance to see the super U's at Wembley on May 25th!

Up the U's

Here’s hoping!!
Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 14:08 - Mar 23 with 1620 viewsGOSBTS

Early signs are good! Barnes back in side and Eisa and Lapslie starting.
Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 14:33 - Mar 23 with 1610 viewsLeadbelly

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 14:08 - Mar 23 by GOSBTS

Norris on the bench and Nouble not even in the squad. Interesting.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 14:43 - Mar 23 with 1606 viewsmfb_cufc

Gilmartin misses out with a knee injury while Nouble is suspended - he has had his one-match ban for his red card against Forest Green extended by a further two games following his reaction to his dismissal.

mfb

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 14:46 - Mar 23 with 1605 viewsLeadbelly

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 14:43 - Mar 23 by mfb_cufc

Gilmartin misses out with a knee injury while Nouble is suspended - he has had his one-match ban for his red card against Forest Green extended by a further two games following his reaction to his dismissal.

Thanks for that. Didn’t know his ban had been extended but can’t say i’m surprised.

Login to get fewer ads

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 15:16 - Mar 23 with 1593 viewsgerry_us

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 14:43 - Mar 23 by mfb_cufc

Obviously did too much kneeling to management to stay in the side.
I wish Barnes all the luck in the world because suspect his first mistake will see him out as soon as Gilmartin gets off his knee!
Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 15:32 - Mar 23 with 1584 viewswessex_exile

Goal-machine Norwood puts Tranmere 1-0 up, after much of the better play being from the U's. Can we finally snatch victory from the jaws of defeat?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 15:36 - Mar 23 with 1578 viewsgerry_us

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 15:32 - Mar 23 by wessex_exile

Goal-machine Norwood puts Tranmere 1-0 up, after much of the better play being from the U's. Can we finally snatch victory from the jaws of defeat?

Well it would be pointless to go ultra defensive now.....wouldn't it?
Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 15:49 - Mar 23 with 1564 viewsMoor_Pinot

How long is it since the U's won from a losing position?

Moor Pinot

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 15:57 - Mar 23 with 1553 viewswessex_exile

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 15:49 - Mar 23 by Moor_Pinot

How long is it since the U's won from a losing position?

A very long time - 2007?

Up the U's

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 16:01 - Mar 23 with 1548 viewsdurham_exile

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 15:57 - Mar 23 by wessex_exile

A very long time - 2007?

I am absolutely seething
Failure to win today and another season in league two be ckons
a very big 45 minutes awaits
Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 16:01 - Mar 23 with 1548 viewsthrillseeker

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 14:08 - Mar 23 by GOSBTS

Got to query Barnes decision making for goal. He laid down in no-mans land and made it easy for Norwood

Not great again.

Hoping 2nd half is better
Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 16:05 - Mar 23 with 1543 viewsgerry_us

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 16:01 - Mar 23 by thrillseeker

Got to query Barnes decision making for goal. He laid down in no-mans land and made it easy for Norwood

Not great again.

It isn't. Another ex U's man blondie Perkins.
Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 16:06 - Mar 23 with 1541 viewswessex_exile

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 16:01 - Mar 23 by thrillseeker

Not great again.

It isn't - 2-0 to Tranmere, courtesy of former U's Perkins :-(

Up the U's

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 16:09 - Mar 23 with 1531 viewsMoor_Pinot

Yep I would have thought it would be at least that long. Won't happen today either.

I think a top ten finish is now mcgreals aim. Bit of a waste of this current crop of players.

Moor Pinot

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 16:40 - Mar 23 with 1498 viewsdurham_exile

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 16:06 - Mar 23 by wessex_exile

It isn't - 2-0 to Tranmere, courtesy of former U's Perkins :-(

Mcgreal needs to give the youngsters some game time

And I'm sorry but times up for JM clueless and another season of failure.
Mcgreal OUT

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 17:02 - Mar 23 with 1471 viewsgerry_us

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 16:40 - Mar 23 by durham_exile

Mcgreal needs to give the youngsters some game time

And I'm sorry but times up for JM clueless and another season of failure.
Mcgreal OUT

Up the U's

He does brings them on.... in the 88th minute normally Peter!
Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 17:24 - Mar 23 with 1436 viewsthrillseeker

Home and still trying to work out why we are so lethargic abd poorly organised.

Felt sorry for Barnes on goal 2. Defence all over the place, he makes a great save but Perkins reacts.

I said it after Exeter but I am really beginning to worry about McGreal
Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 17:26 - Mar 23 with 1433 viewsgerry_us

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 17:24 - Mar 23 by thrillseeker

Home and still trying to work out why we are so lethargic abd poorly organised.

Felt sorry for Barnes on goal 2. Defence all over the place, he makes a great save but Perkins reacts.

I said it after Exeter but I am really beginning to worry about McGreal

Worried about McGreal?.....that he may stay?
Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 19:53 - Mar 23 with 1308 viewsLeadbelly

Injuries in midfield have clearly been a problem. McGreal and Ball have had several games to work out how to deal with that but it’s painfully clear they haven’t come up with anything viable. Creative thinking has always been in short supply but it’s glaringly obvious now that the management duo do not have what it takes to make the most from what they have to work with.

Recent form looks more like relegation than playoffs. When the going gets tough, the tough get going...and we roll over.

Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 09:15 - Mar 24 with 1073 viewsFruitbat

It's a good job we had a decent first half of the season. 15 points from 14 games since the turn of the year is barely better than relegation form (makes 49 points over a 46 game season) and no goals in 5 hours (technically 297 minutes but that doesn't count injury time).
Mellon's Rovers to be squashed by resurgent super U's on 11:52 - Mar 24 with 1010 viewsbwildered

Considering the investment in Pell, Nouble and Norris, plus the resigning in Kane Vincent Young in preseason and Stevenson in the transfer window, failure to claim a play off berth must be considered a failure . The McBall show must be all but over.

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024