Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! 21:52 - Mar 29 with 805 viewsdurham_exile

JM takes his beleaguered charges the 35 miles or so to the Abbey Stadium to do battle against Colin Calderwood’s struggling team.

The table now makes depressing reading for all U’s supporters following 4 defeats in the last 6 games:

Lincoln 39 79
Bury 38 71
MK Dons 39 69
Mansfield 39 66
Tranmere 38 64
FGR 39 61
Exeter 38 61
Carlisle 39 58
COL U 39 57

The reason why I am so disappointed in the way that things have panned out is that despite our best squad for years we have squandered first an automatic promotion spot and are in danger of now facing mid table obscurity after appalling results which all started after that defeat away to Carlisle in December.

Tomorrow’s game is the last chance saloon with only Oldham, Bury Grimsby Yeovil MK Dons and Lincoln to come. At least 73 points will be required and so we face the unenviable task of securing 16 points from the 21 on offer.

Since Christmas we have only managed relegation form and so this requires a herculean effort if we are to extend our season beyond the Lincoln game. The simple truth is that although we are missing key midfield players notably Harry Pell, the Exeter game showed several players to be lacking in confidence and form. Sadly, failure to achieve promotion will mean that we will lose several of our better players and thus rebuilding will become even more difficult.

Tomorrow will see 1000 of the faithful travelling to darkest Cambridgeshire and frankly they are due a performance. Last weekend I called for JM to go and sadly only the most amazing and unlikely turnaround in our fortunes will change my mind. He is bereft of ideas and having talented youngsters on the bench and failing to give them valuable game time is frankly inexcusable.

Miller and Chilvers could both have been employed at Exeter for valuable minutes but were not (when Miller did come on, he produced more in 6 minutes than the other forward players combined.) but was not used against Mellon’s Tranmere.

So will JM play him tomorrow from the start, very doubtful.

Barnes

Jackson Prosser Kent Vincent-Young

Senior Wright Stevenson Mandron

Szmodics Norris

Subs:

Miller Eisa Dickenson Chilvers Kensdale Ross Lapslie (if fit!)

Weather in Cambridge tomorrow will be 17 degrees Celsius, partly sunny.

Let us hope that there is not a huge depression at 4.50pm. Anything but a Colchester victory and another season in the basement beckons.

Travel well, enjoy the game

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 21:58 - Mar 29 with 799 viewsgerry_us

So its CUFC to win tomorrow then?
Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 22:15 - Mar 29 with 796 viewsdurham_exile

Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 21:58 - Mar 29 by gerry_us

So its CUFC to win tomorrow then?

Gerry I thought I would cover all bases tomorrow.

But my prediction is 3 - 0 to the mighty Col U !!!!!!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 14:20 - Mar 30 with 748 viewsmfb_cufc

U's side to face Cambridge (one change): Barnes, Jackson, Prosser, Kent, Vincent-Young, Lapslie, Stevenson, Senior, Szmodics, Eisa, Norris

U's bench is Eastman, Chilvers, Dickenson, Saunders, Wright, Mandron, Gilmartin

Sam Saunders signed on a free transfer until the end of the season, after being released by Wycombe in January.

mfb

Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 14:23 - Mar 30 with 746 viewsdurham_exile

Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 14:20 - Mar 30 by mfb_cufc

U's side to face Cambridge (one change): Barnes, Jackson, Prosser, Kent, Vincent-Young, Lapslie, Stevenson, Senior, Szmodics, Eisa, Norris

U's bench is Eastman, Chilvers, Dickenson, Saunders, Wright, Mandron, Gilmartin

Sam Saunders signed on a free transfer until the end of the season, after being released by Wycombe in January.

Thanks Mick saved me a job!

Sam Saunders don't know much about him suspect he will get some minutes today.

Desperately need a performance today

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 14:37 - Mar 30 with 743 viewsmfb_cufc

Saunders is a 35 year-old midfield player.

His record taken off wiki. I remember him as a good all action player in his younger days, who can take a good free-kick.

Years Team Apps (Gls)
2001—2002 Welling United 4 (2)
2002—2004 Ashford Town (Kent) 59 (4)
2004—2005 Carshalton Athletic 48 (9)
2005—2009 Dagenham & Redbridge 126 (19)
2009—2017 Brentford 170 (26)
2015 → Wycombe Wanderers (loan) 11 (1)
2017—2019 Wycombe Wanderers 43 (2)
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22:38, 30 January 2019 (UTC)

mfb

Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 16:57 - Mar 30 with 715 viewsGOSBTS

Yessssssssssss KVY!!!!!!!!
Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 17:01 - Mar 30 with 712 viewsgerry_us

Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 16:57 - Mar 30 by GOSBTS

Yessssssssssss KVY!!!!!!!!

Easy....and too late to go all defensive.
Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 17:22 - Mar 30 with 703 viewsMoor_Pinot

Yippee!

Moor Pinot

Login to get fewer ads

Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 17:52 - Mar 30 with 696 viewsnoah4x4

Nothing less than we deserved, but Norris and Szmodics were woeful in front of goal. Should have easily won 0-3. But a goal in the 96th minute will do.
Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 20:46 - Mar 30 with 663 viewsdurham_exile

Have just watched the highlights - superb strike from Kane Vincent-Young but a brilliant and intelligent set up from Mika Mandron.

Norris needs to practice everything about his game because he is piss poor at the moment.

The victory has rekindled our season at least 13 points needed from the final 6 games.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 10:12 - Mar 31 with 601 viewsLeadbelly

Any observations about new signing Saunders?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 11:56 - Mar 31 with 594 viewsMoor_Pinot

Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 20:46 - Mar 30 by durham_exile

Have just watched the highlights - superb strike from Kane Vincent-Young but a brilliant and intelligent set up from Mika Mandron.

Norris needs to practice everything about his game because he is piss poor at the moment.

The victory has rekindled our season at least 13 points needed from the final 6 games.

Up the U's

Yes Durham,

We've still just got a chance. Probably need 5 wins though and that form has eluded this manager throughout his period of learning what one is. I continue to hope that he can extract success from the best group we have had for some time. If we fall short once more, well....it is illustrative of waste, along with other things connected. A splendid goal, Vincent-Young is one we'd be sure to lose if we miss the p/offs. Mandron is an intelligent player that the rest don't always 'get'. He is possibly our most skilful too and definitely not a centre forward. I presume this is why Norris [who has been very poor since his inury] was picked yesterday. After all, our other centre forwards are playing in Eire or for Dulwich Hamlet.

Can't wait for next week - i-follow owe me a win. I will not state my record with watching it this season as it's far too akin to our run since the 4-0 at Brunton Park. So our relegation form's all my fault.

Up the 'we only play one way' U's

Moor Pinot

Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 12:08 - Mar 31 with 592 viewsdurham_exile

Abject CUFC to be defeated by CUFC at the Abbey Stadium!! on 11:56 - Mar 31 by Moor_Pinot

Yes Durham,

We've still just got a chance. Probably need 5 wins though and that form has eluded this manager throughout his period of learning what one is. I continue to hope that he can extract success from the best group we have had for some time. If we fall short once more, well....it is illustrative of waste, along with other things connected. A splendid goal, Vincent-Young is one we'd be sure to lose if we miss the p/offs. Mandron is an intelligent player that the rest don't always 'get'. He is possibly our most skilful too and definitely not a centre forward. I presume this is why Norris [who has been very poor since his inury] was picked yesterday. After all, our other centre forwards are playing in Eire or for Dulwich Hamlet.

Can't wait for next week - i-follow owe me a win. I will not state my record with watching it this season as it's far too akin to our run since the 4-0 at Brunton Park. So our relegation form's all my fault.

Up the 'we only play one way' U's

Pinault agree with all your points.

6 games, each a cup final, it is going to be a rollercoaster, hopefully we can do it. On current form Tranmere can easily reach that third spot in the table. Swinedon coming up on the ropes as well but they are all beatable.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024