Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening 17:27 - Apr 5 with 1502 viewsdurham_exile

Kane Vincent-Young’s super strike at the Abbey Stadium not only rekindled the U’s season but also allows the final six games of the regulation season to become cup finals allowing Colchester to gate crash 7th place in the league and extend their season.

Those six games are Oldham Home, Bury Away, Grimsby Home, Yeovil Away, MK Dons Home and finally Lincoln Away. I have ordered tickets for three of the last six games and obviously hope that a further three games will be added during May culminating in the Wembley final on 25th May.

There are however some intriguing games which will go a long way to deciding the other six places.

6 April
Carlisle v Bury
Mansfield v Cambridge
MK Dons v Lincoln
Newport v Tranmere
Cheltenham v Exeter

9 April
Macclesfield v Exeter

13 April
Exeter v Port Vale
FGR v Macclesfield
Northampton v Mansfield
Tranmere v MK Dons

19 April
Exeter v Crawley
Carlisle v Lincoln
Mansfield v Morecambe
Newport v Bury
Tranmere v FGR

22 April
Bury v Northampton
FGR v Cambridge
Lincoln v Tranmere
Oldham v Mansfield
Stevenage v Exeter

27 April
Exeter v Oldham
Newport v Lincoln
Tranmere v Bury

4 May
FGR v Exeter
MK Dons v Mansfield

Current league positions

Lincoln 40 80 +33
MK Dons 40 72 +25
Bury 40 71 +25
Mansfield 40 69 +26
Tranmere 40 67 +15
FGR 40 61 +17
Exeter 39 61 +11
COL U 40 60 +10

The Latics are in town tomorrow, led by caretaker Pete Wild, who has taken over following Paul Scholes shock departure, citing interference from the Owner. They are also bang in form after two victories including a comfortable win against Tranmere midweek.

JM has some decisions to make following the return to fitness of Rene Gilmartin and the completion of big Frank Nouble’s three match ban.

I reckon that Barnes should stay between the sticks tomorrow (the Cambridge game was a real tonic for the entire team) and those XI players should be allowed to start tomorrow with one notable exception.

Sam Saunders must be allowed to play some part from the bench, and big Frank should return to the team in place of Chuck Norris who was woeful against Cambridge.

Barnes

Jackson Kent Prosser Vincent-Young

Senior Lapslie Stevenson

Eisa Nouble Szmodics

Subs:

Gilmartin Eastman Norris Eastman Saunders Chilvers Mandron

Weather tomorrow at the JobServe will be 13 degrees Celsius and a mix of sunshine and cloud.

It is all about getting back to home victories starting against the Latics. Hopefully the crowd will be better than of late and that they will inspire the team as the 1100 did at the Abbey Stadium last weekend.

Enjoy the game.

Three points and things will seem a lot brighter.

Up the U’s

[Post edited 5 Apr 2019 19:40]

Durham_exile

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 17:06 - Apr 6 with 512 viewsMoor_Pinot

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 16:54 - Apr 6 by durham_exile

Just injury time to play unable to muster even one goal not good enough

Carlisle winning
FGR winning
Mansfield winning
Lincoln winning
Tranmere drawing
Swindon winning

Very depressing and disappointing again

Absolutely shocking

Up the U's

Yes Durham, depressing.
The subs made a big difference but we can't shoot and only had half chances. Oldham's defence far too wise for us, they settled for 2-0 at twenty minutes even though they were worth more. Comfortable win. People were leaving well before the end. Relegation form at home and precious little passion on the pitch, just frantic one dimensional fourth division football from players who, largely, are better than that.

I've said enough
I've had enough.
I will be going birdwatching next Saturday.
I'm not paying a penny more into this misery.
It should have been far better than this this season.
NO Excuses for a first half like that. No excuses for the waste of a decent squad.
Mr Cowling, wake up.

Moor Pinot

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 17:50 - Apr 6 with 491 viewspwrightsknees

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 17:06 - Apr 6 by Moor_Pinot

Yes Durham, depressing.
The subs made a big difference but we can't shoot and only had half chances. Oldham's defence far too wise for us, they settled for 2-0 at twenty minutes even though they were worth more. Comfortable win. People were leaving well before the end. Relegation form at home and precious little passion on the pitch, just frantic one dimensional fourth division football from players who, largely, are better than that.

I've said enough
I've had enough.
I will be going birdwatching next Saturday.
I'm not paying a penny more into this misery.
It should have been far better than this this season.
NO Excuses for a first half like that. No excuses for the waste of a decent squad.
Mr Cowling, wake up.

One goal in our last five matches!
Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 18:07 - Apr 6 with 485 viewsthrillseeker

Another disastrous result.

1st half was appalling

2nd half was better but we take no chances.

Once again an organised physical Northern team beat us.

I am lost for words at what I just watched.

On paper we have a good team but alas you don't win things on paper.

McGreal is really concerning me now
Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 23:14 - Apr 6 with 432 viewsmfb_cufc

All Colchester fans had better get ready to put up with this crap for a number of years while Cowling remains owner. Cowling has stated when he has gone he will keep the club in the family with his son taking over. So that means many more years of inexperienced internal managers following Cowling's instructions on how he wants the team to play. It is sticking to this rigid philosophy that makes it easy for the opposition to play against us, and no Plan B when we go a goal behind in games. Like most fans I have had enough of McGreal. When we played Lincoln earlier in the season I said on their survey that McGreal was now in his third season in charge, but he was not improving. I got mocked for that because at the time we looked good for at least a play-off spot. But after our relegation form in 2019 I stick by those comments. Of course the problem with getting rid of McGreal only makes way for the next internal, whoever that maybe. Favourite for me is an outrageous return of Tony Humes. If we think of going for Wayne Brown we would be better off with Charlie Brown, Gordon Brown, Tom Brown or Mrs Brown.

mfb

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 07:55 - Apr 7 with 395 viewsnoah4x4

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 23:14 - Apr 6 by mfb_cufc

All Colchester fans had better get ready to put up with this crap for a number of years while Cowling remains owner. Cowling has stated when he has gone he will keep the club in the family with his son taking over. So that means many more years of inexperienced internal managers following Cowling's instructions on how he wants the team to play. It is sticking to this rigid philosophy that makes it easy for the opposition to play against us, and no Plan B when we go a goal behind in games. Like most fans I have had enough of McGreal. When we played Lincoln earlier in the season I said on their survey that McGreal was now in his third season in charge, but he was not improving. I got mocked for that because at the time we looked good for at least a play-off spot. But after our relegation form in 2019 I stick by those comments. Of course the problem with getting rid of McGreal only makes way for the next internal, whoever that maybe. Favourite for me is an outrageous return of Tony Humes. If we think of going for Wayne Brown we would be better off with Charlie Brown, Gordon Brown, Tom Brown or Mrs Brown.

Some decent brown ale in the Supporters Bar might cheer us. But when the management won't listen to that simple consumer demand, we have no chance of persuading them to make changes on the pitch.

Cricket has started.....
Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 08:50 - Apr 7 with 385 viewsMoor_Pinot

Latics face a pointless return journey tomorrow evening on 23:14 - Apr 6 by mfb_cufc

Can't disagree with any of that Mick. I'm not totally against Humes either. Don't think he'd serve up the same 'crap' either.

After the mid-Autumn Swindon game, which we also won 1-0, I wrote that teams had us sussed and there had better be a plan B.

Bitterly disappointed that a squad, clearly superior to recent times, has been wasted.
The Colchester fans have deserved better for some time given many seasons of decline and now stagnation.

I note the start of the cricket and I heard a cuckoo here yesterday so I need to turn to other things or I shall turn into a right grump.

Moor Pinot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024