Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to 12:54 - Apr 8 with 5559 viewsrsonist

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 13:01 - Apr 8 with 4631 viewssuperhoopdownunder

If Les wants Sherwood he should be sacked as well.

The whole football side of the club is a joke and he is the Director of it.
Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 13:10 - Apr 8 with 4597 viewsbosh67

I don't think Sherwood will take the job anyway but I am consistently baffled by the absolute hatred towards him. Personally I couldn't care less if he is perceived as a prick, or a knob etc etc. He has no Chelsea ties, I can't remember him killing a member of any of our families, he's never said anything negative about the club. He didn't come here first time around because the conditions he was given didn't suit him first time. Villa f*cked him over royally when he last managed and although he hasn't managed for some time I don't really get the complete villainization of him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying let's get him in but we welcomed JFH in with open arms, we adored Chelsea legend Ray Wilkins, Dave Webb, Steve Wicks, etc etc etc, yet a former player who has no association, we apparently all have to hate. The guy could come in win all 6 matches and then win all 46 next season and they'd still be a ton of fans booing him every moment. Obviously if he has crapped on the haloed turf or killed a member of anyone's family do let me know why he is hated so much?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 13:22 - Apr 8 with 4537 viewsAntti_Heinola

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 13:10 - Apr 8 by bosh67

I don't think Sherwood will take the job anyway but I am consistently baffled by the absolute hatred towards him. Personally I couldn't care less if he is perceived as a prick, or a knob etc etc. He has no Chelsea ties, I can't remember him killing a member of any of our families, he's never said anything negative about the club. He didn't come here first time around because the conditions he was given didn't suit him first time. Villa f*cked him over royally when he last managed and although he hasn't managed for some time I don't really get the complete villainization of him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying let's get him in but we welcomed JFH in with open arms, we adored Chelsea legend Ray Wilkins, Dave Webb, Steve Wicks, etc etc etc, yet a former player who has no association, we apparently all have to hate. The guy could come in win all 6 matches and then win all 46 next season and they'd still be a ton of fans booing him every moment. Obviously if he has crapped on the haloed turf or killed a member of anyone's family do let me know why he is hated so much?

I think it's his arrogance mate. Felt the game owed him a big job straight off the bat. His pronouncements like 'Number 10s are just strikers who can't score goals'. Claiming he gave first team chances to layers he didn't give first team chances to. Going to Swindon as DOF then immediately going down to the bench and giving it the big one, only to oversee a load of defeats. I don't think it's hatred at all - i think he's probably all right. He's just a bit of a laughing stock because Tim Sherwood thinks Tim Sherwood (aged 50!) is a great manager who should be at a big club, but has almost nothing to back that up. A Proper Football Man of the old school.

Bare bones.

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 13:23 - Apr 8 with 4541 viewsdaveB

Les is DOF so he should appoint the next manager, if the board disagree and want someone else they should get a different DOF as well
Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 13:56 - Apr 8 with 4462 viewsNorthernr

Oh God, 52-48 as it stands. Kill it before it lays eggs.
Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 13:57 - Apr 8 with 4461 viewsJamesB1979

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 13:23 - Apr 8 by daveB

Les is DOF so he should appoint the next manager, if the board disagree and want someone else they should get a different DOF as well

Completely agree with this but I’m not sure I believe that Les had no involvement in any of the previous involvements. I thought that the so-called commmittee of Les, Lee and Tony decided. So, unless Tony went out completely against the others, I would have thought that they all agreed to the appointments. Maybe one felt stronger than the others but none dosagreed. Surely that’s the point of having this committee.
Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 14:10 - Apr 8 with 4425 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I can't remember being so disillusioned with this form as I have been this past week. The witch hunt of Ferdinand is really unsettling.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 14:53 - Apr 8 with 4330 viewsdaveB

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 13:57 - Apr 8 by JamesB1979

Completely agree with this but I’m not sure I believe that Les had no involvement in any of the previous involvements. I thought that the so-called commmittee of Les, Lee and Tony decided. So, unless Tony went out completely against the others, I would have thought that they all agreed to the appointments. Maybe one felt stronger than the others but none dosagreed. Surely that’s the point of having this committee.

He had involvement of course but Fernandes had the final say and the last two were nothing to do with him which is mad really
Login to get fewer ads

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 16:14 - Apr 8 with 4224 viewsthemodfather

PLEASE QPRFC no more spurs at our club....it's killing us, so def no tim Sherwood. les is spurs, ramsey and harry and hoddle were too, to name a few.
Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 16:27 - Apr 8 with 4173 viewsplasmahoop

Sherwood is a bell end for sure, but if he does become manager we should give him a chance. If it doesn't go well though, the vitriol will be huge. But if he got results, surely that would override his bellendialism
Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 16:34 - Apr 8 with 4156 viewskensalriser

Being arrogant is understandable if someone really is shit hot at what they do. Then it's just a matter of lacking class and humility. To be arrogant without justification is a serious character flaw.

More importantly, there seems no evidence so far that Sherwood is anything but a poor manager. So why would we hire him?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 16:38 - Apr 8 with 4144 viewsonlyrinmoray

Not particularly keen on Sherwood myself but remember many on here going balistic when Uncle Neil was appointed Its a gamble anyway We re not an attractive job anyway crap team and no money
Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 17:17 - Apr 8 with 4049 viewsMiss_Terraces

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 16:38 - Apr 8 by onlyrinmoray

Not particularly keen on Sherwood myself but remember many on here going balistic when Uncle Neil was appointed Its a gamble anyway We re not an attractive job anyway crap team and no money

Sherwood thinks he's bigger than QPR, been there, done it. I have absolutely no desire to do it again.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 19:05 - Apr 8 with 3933 viewsolderR

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 13:56 - Apr 8 by Northernr

Oh God, 52-48 as it stands. Kill it before it lays eggs.

I demand indicative votes on the candidates and then a people's vote.😨
Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 19:30 - Apr 8 with 3886 viewsbosh67

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 19:05 - Apr 8 by olderR

I demand indicative votes on the candidates and then a people's vote.😨

Does this vote include ex-pats and people who have been in the country for less than 10 years? Could this end up as a no manager deal?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 20:16 - Apr 8 with 3811 viewsBucksRanger

I think Brentford, Fulham or Chelsea will push us towards a hard manager.
Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 23:28 - Apr 8 with 3672 viewsTacticalR

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 14:10 - Apr 8 by BrianMcCarthy

I can't remember being so disillusioned with this form as I have been this past week. The witch hunt of Ferdinand is really unsettling.

Unfortunately there is a growing element in our society that has no ideas beyond destroying things.

Air hostess clique

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 10:56 - Apr 9 with 3467 viewsrsonist

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 23:28 - Apr 8 by TacticalR

Unfortunately there is a growing element in our society that has no ideas beyond destroying things.

I hope these sanctimonies aren't being aimed in my direction... the purpose of this poll wasn't to pile in on Les but to get into one of the most glaring contradictions in the recent criticism of club governance. (36-27 in favour of "meddling" currently - or is it to stop a Spurs version of Rigg's Taffia happening again?)
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 10:56]
Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 11:08 - Apr 9 with 3452 viewspaesanu

Good ol' QPR, will take a punt when no-one else will because Tim is BFF with our DOF

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 12:43 - Apr 9 with 3351 viewsBklynRanger

If there are legitimate concerns about his appetite, experience, ability etc then yes - over rule. For example if he's been interviewed last week (apparently so) but still hasn't come back with an answer (seems possible). But tell Les, not themselves ffs, to look elsewhere.
Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 15:13 - Apr 9 with 3263 viewsblacky200

The thing I am seeing on this subject is a lot of people saying they don't want this manager or that manager but don't seem to realise that this is bargain basement we are shopping in now. The QPR managers job must be one of the least appealing jobs in any of the leagues. We have got massive holes in the squad (especially when the loans go back), pressure to play youngsters who have a handful of first team appearances among them, no money available and the prospect of shipping out anyone who would command a fee. Add to this the average job span for a QPR manager is now less than a year and I can't imagine a Mourinho or Guardiola knocking at the door for an interview.
Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 19:57 - Apr 9 with 3146 viewsBluce_Ree

Please don't let us sign fake mental Jeremy Renner.

Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah. His crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 22:24 - Apr 9 with 3059 viewsnumptydumpty

tbf I cantunderstand the viriol towards Tim Sherwood as a manager is an unknown quantity - he wasn't that bad at Tottenham and at Villa I cant remember that much

Ok he not going to be a lot of people on heres choice as best man at their stag.

Ole Gunnar Solskjear record was distinctly average so hey ho

Just because everyone gets on a bandwagon because they think he is up himself as a personality - maybe he is maybe he isn't but if he came here and did a good job so be it.

Any appointment is a risk as we are not going to get a proven manager - he could do well - he could live up to everyone s epxectations - but yes I agree I don't understand this strange crap being directed his way - sod it - could not care less.

Yet lots want ainsworth who again is unproven at this level of course - but because he is a good all round egg and with a qpr past to many they want him

Load of codswallop and trioe !!!!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 22:34 - Apr 9 with 3046 viewsPunteR

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 10:56 - Apr 9 by rsonist

I hope these sanctimonies aren't being aimed in my direction... the purpose of this poll wasn't to pile in on Les but to get into one of the most glaring contradictions in the recent criticism of club governance. (36-27 in favour of "meddling" currently - or is it to stop a Spurs version of Rigg's Taffia happening again?)
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 10:56]

No i don't want the board meddling with the football side of things. TF probably knows as much about Sherwood as most of us fans.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2019 22:52]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Poll - If Les wants Sherwood, do you want the board to on 22:40 - Apr 9 with 3037 viewsdistortR

not adverse to the idea.

We know he can work with Les and Ramsey - two people I rate very highly.

They know his capabilities - if they are indeed pushing for him to be manager it's because they think he can do a job here.

But Les would be accountable for this one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024