Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bury's plight 12:34 - Apr 11 with 1179 viewswessex_exile

Notwithstanding Durham's much anticipated review, I wasn't fully aware of their current situation until I spent a while earlier today browsing t'internet, and particularly their unofficial forum.

https://www.gigglane.com/index.php?/forum/60-beardymans-big-bury-board/

They really are in a bad spot, players and staff unpaid, and with talk of a possible strike on Saturday, HMRC winding-up order temporarily suspended, with other petitioners also wanting payment (including former player and Head Coach Chris Brass), the current chairman Steve Dale claiming the finances are far worse than he was led to believe (kinda wonder who's fault that is), but also open speculation on their messageboard about his honesty and indeed commitment to the club.

Bit of a mess really, and love him or loathe him, perhaps shines a light on why Robbie wants our club financially viable first and foremost.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Bury's plight on 15:41 - Apr 11 with 1158 viewsburnsieespana

As our friends both up and down the road might say "be careful what you wish for".
Bury's plight on 16:54 - Apr 11 with 1147 viewsmfb_cufc

After going 15 games undefeated they have lost their last 3 games, at home to Swindon 3-1 and Cambridge 3-0, and away to 10 man Carlisle 3-2. Seems like their off field problems have spilled over onto the pitch as well. Couldn't be a better time to play them, because if we had played this game earlier in the season I think it would have been a certain defeat.

mfb

Bury's plight on 17:42 - Apr 11 with 1140 viewsLeadbelly

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/april/efl-statement-april-board-update/

Discussed at EFL today. Doesn't tell us a great deal though.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Bury's plight on 19:19 - Apr 11 with 1122 viewswessex_exile

Bury's plight on 15:41 - Apr 11 by burnsieespana

As our friends both up and down the road might say "be careful what you wish for".

Absolutely!

Bury look to have done enough for a play-off spot, and are still in with a shout for automatic promotion, we face a very difficult run-in just to try and get back into the play-offs - yet right now I wouldn't swap places for all the tea in China.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024