Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McNil 17:26 - Apr 13 with 819 viewsbwildered

Another solid nil performance in points and goals, despite the usual hyperbole paper talk .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

McNil on 17:34 - Apr 13 with 814 viewsLeadbelly

Lost 6 of last 8 games and failed to score in any of those losses. Relegation form since Boxing Day.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

McNil on 09:46 - Apr 14 with 727 viewsnoah4x4

Didn't think I would ever say this, but it is time for McGreal and Humes to depart. But we don't want any internal replacements. We need somebody with some tactical ability and experience, plus a goalkeeper and Harry Pell.

Oppositions now close us down quickly so passing the ball out of defence is ineffective and Courtney Senior then loses the ball too easily putting us in trouble. To be fair, yesterday we played a longer ball more often, regularly well won by Mandron or Nouble, but Senior then still lost the ball. He can't dribble through three defenders every time.

All Szmodics now does is point where others are supposed to be whilst doing nothing himself. Playing one up front leaves Mandron (or Norris) isolated as the midfield looked clueless, albeit Saunders impressed.

We are even more clueless as regards where the goal is. All of our attacking play unless Dickenson is on the pitch seems to be neat triangles out wide in front of defences involving three U's attackers with nobody in the middle. Bury scored from two attacks, two crosses, two headers. We have scored one headed goal all season and that wasn't even from a cross, it was a bouncing ball goalmouth scramble. That, is a vital statistic to explain our lack of goals. Nobody gets in the box! We pitter pat around the edge of the penalty area trying to walk the ball in which is easy to defend.

I would happily pay £3 more per match provided we get a Holloway or other proper EFL experienced manager. Even somebody like Phil Brown would be superior to any internal appointments. Anybody that has some experience of managing a patently GOOD squad. We have the players, they proved that before Xmas, but are tactically naieve when oppositions change their game plan. McGreal has been found out. Time for him and Humes to go.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 9:49]
McNil on 14:25 - Apr 14 with 696 viewsthrillseeker

McNil on 09:46 - Apr 14 by noah4x4

Didn't think I would ever say this, but it is time for McGreal and Humes to depart. But we don't want any internal replacements. We need somebody with some tactical ability and experience, plus a goalkeeper and Harry Pell.

Oppositions now close us down quickly so passing the ball out of defence is ineffective and Courtney Senior then loses the ball too easily putting us in trouble. To be fair, yesterday we played a longer ball more often, regularly well won by Mandron or Nouble, but Senior then still lost the ball. He can't dribble through three defenders every time.

All Szmodics now does is point where others are supposed to be whilst doing nothing himself. Playing one up front leaves Mandron (or Norris) isolated as the midfield looked clueless, albeit Saunders impressed.

We are even more clueless as regards where the goal is. All of our attacking play unless Dickenson is on the pitch seems to be neat triangles out wide in front of defences involving three U's attackers with nobody in the middle. Bury scored from two attacks, two crosses, two headers. We have scored one headed goal all season and that wasn't even from a cross, it was a bouncing ball goalmouth scramble. That, is a vital statistic to explain our lack of goals. Nobody gets in the box! We pitter pat around the edge of the penalty area trying to walk the ball in which is easy to defend.

I would happily pay £3 more per match provided we get a Holloway or other proper EFL experienced manager. Even somebody like Phil Brown would be superior to any internal appointments. Anybody that has some experience of managing a patently GOOD squad. We have the players, they proved that before Xmas, but are tactically naieve when oppositions change their game plan. McGreal has been found out. Time for him and Humes to go.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 9:49]

I have been waiting for this moment when Noah turns against McGreal & Humes.

I always like Noah's positivity especially as he goes to 85-95% of games so can offer real view so things are bad.

Do we go for experience or gamble on inexperience? Whatever I do not want another internal appointment.

I do fear however McGreal will still be here next season
McNil on 15:27 - Apr 14 with 690 viewsLeadbelly

McNil on 14:25 - Apr 14 by thrillseeker

I have been waiting for this moment when Noah turns against McGreal & Humes.

I always like Noah's positivity especially as he goes to 85-95% of games so can offer real view so things are bad.

Do we go for experience or gamble on inexperience? Whatever I do not want another internal appointment.

I do fear however McGreal will still be here next season

McGreal’s post match interviews simply confirm what we see on the pitch...he has no idea. Apparently the first half yesterday was our best performance of the season so he may be delusional as well. Despite this I don’t really expect a change of manager and I would say there is almost no chance of Humes going anywhere. Yes men are not easy to find.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

McNil on 17:14 - Apr 15 with 618 viewsburnsieespana

Suspect McG will stay but do so hope we sort the keeper situation out as it was identified by many as the weak link before season even started.
McNil on 23:12 - Apr 15 with 586 viewsmfb_cufc

I think McGreal will be here next season, but if we lose the last four games Cowling will find it hard to maintain the stability he craves. At many other clubs the fans would have been calling for McGreal to be sacked, but that has not really been the case with us because we know it is only going to be the next internal replacing him.

mfb

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024