Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow 21:39 - Apr 26 with 1418 viewsdurham_exile

180 minutes from extending the season or failing to achieve a top seven place is the prospect facing the Super U’s with a challenging game at home to the MK Dons followed by the game at Sincil Bank on May 4th.

Having spent the entire season looking certs for either automatic promotion or at least a play-off place, a wretched post-Christmas series of results has left the U’s reliant on others slipping up in order to allow the unlikeliest scenario, that of securing seventh place to extend our season.

Paul Tisdale brings his Franchise to Town knowing that two victories against the U’s and Mansfield will see them go up automatically. It is up to the U’s to achieve a rare double over the MK Dons this weekend. One player that I have a lot of respect for is Kieran Agard and he is the type of striker that we have been crying out for the last four seasons. Hopefully he will be quiet and kept quiet tomorrow.

Regardless of other teams; this seventh place shoot out is between Colchester and Exeter. They play Oldham at Home and FGR Away and have the advantage of two additional points and a superior goal difference. It’s never easy when you support Colchester United, as well we know.

Dillon Barnes managed to self-destruct at Huish Park and frankly should never play for us again. It was an absolute disgrace to be sent off in such a reckless way. Tom Eastman saved the day with a well struck equaliser and that was it, another two points dropped.

Ethan Ross and the recalled Bailey Vose will now occupy the GK positions this weekend. Rene Gilmartin is still injured. Now Kane Vincent-Young is another injury doubt. The team has imploded with a string of injuries notably that of Harry Pell who has been sorely missed.

Team:

Ross

Jackson Eastman Kent Vincent-Young

Senior Saunders Lapslie

Szmodics Nouble Dickenson

Subs
Vose Chilvers Stevenson Eisa Norris Mandron Kensdale

Storm Hannah notwithstanding the weather tomorrow is likely to be 11 degrees Celsius and cloudy with precipitation at 16% and a gusty 27 mph wind.

A decent crowd in the region of 6,000 with 1,000 from Milton Keynes, Wimbledon or wherever the franchise emanates from and a blue and white tickertape reception from the faithful will create a good atmosphere and hopefully kick start an impressive home performance from the team to give hope of a rousing victory at the Champions next weekend.

Col U to win and win well to roll back the time to happier times pre-Christmas.

One thing is certain get your popcorn ready cos it’s gonna be a show.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U’s

Durham_exile

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 08:39 - Apr 28 with 324 viewsGOSBTS

Franchise to come unstuck at the Jobserve tomorrow on 21:57 - Apr 27 by wessex_exile

Think you're right Fruity - I know I was barside and had perfect view of watching it sail in over the 'keepers head :-)

GOSBTS - it was #orange4lewie day for the mongs, celebrating Dean Lewington's impending retirement from football at the end of this season, and (I think) the only player to transfer across from the real Wimbledon to the franchise - not something I'd celebrate, that's for sure.

Ah thanks for that Wessex, makes sense now!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024