Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? 06:48 - Apr 28 with 5043 viewsShotKneesHoop

Based on the very few posts on this site about the game yesterday, I'd say almost everyone has accepted that the club is used to losing but the biggest loss is the club's identity with the fan base.

Our Tone and his decision making have led to this. Now we can't afford to have him on the board and yet we can't afford not to have his money to prop up his piss poor decisions.

The next manager will be the key decision, I have the usual feeling that he will phoook that up too!

The only thing worth remembering about this season has been Clive's match reports which kept me vaguely on board as a supporter.
[Post edited 28 Apr 2019 6:53]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 08:17 - Apr 28 with 4906 viewsDejR_vu

The club’s dead in the water with these owners. The alternative might be Hull-type owners, or it could be Brentford, who knows? But this is death by a thousand cuts.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 08:56 - Apr 28 with 4819 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I’m generally positive about how the club is going.

Obviously, FFP is an abomination for clubs like us and persecutes our every move but we just have to outlast it.

Also, we have been severely hampered by recent managerial appointments.

But now with Hoos, who has a good track record on mnagerial appointments, involved for a change and hopefully with Ferdinand also directly involved for a change, there may be hope.

Away from the first team this is the best shape we’ve been in for over twenty years. The youth set-up is very encouraging, young players coming through, training ground started, a professional recruitment operation in place when used, and a vibrant and real link to the community. If we keep hold of, and maximise the talents of, Hoos, Ferdinand, Sinton and Andy Evans we have a solid backbone to our club.

I see progress and a way ahead. The next first-team manager will be a crucial call, though.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 09:11 - Apr 28 with 4769 viewsNortholt_Rs

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 08:56 - Apr 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Obviously, FFP is an abomination for clubs like us and persecutes our every move but we just have to outlast it.

But now with Hoos, who has a good track record on mnagerial appointments, involved for a change and hopefully with Ferdinand also directly involved for a change, there may be hope.

Away from the first team this is the best shape we’ve been in for over twenty years. The youth set-up is very encouraging, young players coming through, training ground started, a professional recruitment operation in place when used, and a vibrant and real link to the community. If we keep hold of, and maximise the talents of, Hoos, Ferdinand, Sinton and Andy Evans we have a solid backbone to our club.

I see progress and a way ahead. The next first-team manager will be a crucial call, though.

But the fact we did not have a replacement for McLaren already lined up suggests there still is no forward planning and improved management of the club Brian. I absolutely agree the next manager appointment is crucial to our club.

The other area of massive concern is our lack of any goal scoring threat. We have been plagued by defensive MFs who rarely score and toothless strikers ever since Charlie Austin left the club. Our top scorer this season has the glorious tally of NINE goals. We are always going to be one step away from relegation unless this fundamental issue gets fixed. Hopefully the DOF and his staff are scouring the lower leagues and overseas for unknown goal scoring gems and we can build a MF which contributes with some goals next season.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 09:26 - Apr 28 with 4705 viewsFDC

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 09:11 - Apr 28 by Northolt_Rs

But the fact we did not have a replacement for McLaren already lined up suggests there still is no forward planning and improved management of the club Brian. I absolutely agree the next manager appointment is crucial to our club.

The other area of massive concern is our lack of any goal scoring threat. We have been plagued by defensive MFs who rarely score and toothless strikers ever since Charlie Austin left the club. Our top scorer this season has the glorious tally of NINE goals. We are always going to be one step away from relegation unless this fundamental issue gets fixed. Hopefully the DOF and his staff are scouring the lower leagues and overseas for unknown goal scoring gems and we can build a MF which contributes with some goals next season.

You can't interview for a manager whilst the old manager is still in place.

You can have a replacement lined up or you can have a thorough recruitment process, you can't have both.

I'd much rather see the latter personally, especially given the situation the club's currently in. Doing it this way maximises the possibility of a canny appointment of a relatively unknown manager, rather than just someone Tony knows off the telly
Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 09:31 - Apr 28 with 4690 viewsNortholt_Rs

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 09:26 - Apr 28 by FDC

You can have a replacement lined up or you can have a thorough recruitment process, you can't have both.

I'd much rather see the latter personally, especially given the situation the club's currently in. Doing it this way maximises the possibility of a canny appointment of a relatively unknown manager, rather than just someone Tony knows off the telly

So do you honestly reckon we will end up with a canny appointment of a relatively unknown manager?

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 09:42 - Apr 28 with 4653 viewsFDC

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 09:31 - Apr 28 by Northolt_Rs

So do you honestly reckon we will end up with a canny appointment of a relatively unknown manager?

Not really what I said, I said you maximise that possibility. We may of course end up with a dud still.

Put it another way: who do you think the club could have had lined up as a replacement, given how thoroughly unappealing the job is? The days of big names like Hughes, Redknapp, even Warnock wanting the job are long gone. That being the case, there's an even stronger case for going through some kind of interview process with as many candidates as we can attract.
Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 10:02 - Apr 28 with 4602 viewsstowmarketrange

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 08:56 - Apr 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I’m sorry Brian but I didn’t have the heart to down arrow someone whose posts I always enjoy reading,but I guess you haven’t been to many home games lately?
The last 2 months of watching us struggle to beat teams in front of our own fans has ground down the majority of the fan base.
Each of the last 10 games has seemed like the slow death of your favourite Aunt.We don’t normally show up in games until the last 10-15 mins,sometimes even later,normally when we’re losing and chasing the game.

I can think of only the 15 mins of the Brentford game and the Leeds and Swansea games as a highlight of the 23 games we’ve played at home.
The rest just seem to merge into a mind numbing dirge of various ways to throw away games we should be winning.Or at least competing in.

The walk to the station seems to get longer after each pathetic defeat to teams that haven’t won away since the last king was still alive.
See you all in August.
Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 10:15 - Apr 28 with 4570 viewsNortholt_Rs

“I can think of only the 15 mins of the Brentford game and the Leeds and Swansea games as a highlight of the 23 games we’ve played at home.
The rest just seem to merge into a mind numbing dirge of various ways to throw away games we should be winning.Or at least competing in. “

Pretty much sums it up for me perfectly.

Login to get fewer ads

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 10:45 - Apr 28 with 4494 viewsenfieldargh

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 10:15 - Apr 28 by Northolt_Rs

“I can think of only the 15 mins of the Brentford game and the Leeds and Swansea games as a highlight of the 23 games we’ve played at home.
The rest just seem to merge into a mind numbing dirge of various ways to throw away games we should be winning.Or at least competing in. “

Pretty much sums it up for me perfectly.

True , but Maclaren insisted on playing loanees at all times they were available, leaving out BOS, persisting with his pathetic playing out from the back malarkey, flogging our players to death by mid season, plus horrendous refereeing decisions not going our way, bad luck and sadly careless play which all impacted on the players will and desire.

Wells & Hemed even now still being picked is alarming. another 90 minutes from now those two will be gone.

I have no idea who would be a good manager for us however the youngsters we have look promising so I will continue to keep the faith

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 12:56 - Apr 28 with 4348 viewsPunteR

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 09:26 - Apr 28 by FDC

This is why style of play and an identity is so important. This is what Les Ferdinand should be implementing imo. Managers, players can come and go but we can then replace like with like and have some continuity and build something if we already have a blueprint.
I loved Brians post and he's right there are signs of progression around the club but we still cant get it right on the pitch and that is the most important area.
Unfortunately our owners keep getting involved in the football side of things. Appointments, sackings, contracts etc and while they keep doing that then we'll always struggle.
The owners need to set a clear plan or remit, for example promotion in 4 years or win a trophy and just leave the football people to do the football. At the moment their plan it seems is to get youth into the first team,and don't get relegated. Hardly inspiring for professional footballers.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 17:25 - Apr 28 with 4206 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 09:11 - Apr 28 by Northolt_Rs

I think a club can have likely targets in place in the event of a change of management, and it looks like we did as the interviews started straight away.

But to have a deal struck with a replacement for an employee that you're still working with as part of a team, while it seems acceptable in football, is morally indefensible in my opinion, and I'm glad we haven't done that.

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 17:27 - Apr 28 with 4196 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 10:02 - Apr 28 by stowmarketrange

I’m sorry Brian but I didn’t have the heart to down arrow someone whose posts I always enjoy reading,but I guess you haven’t been to many home games lately?
The last 2 months of watching us struggle to beat teams in front of our own fans has ground down the majority of the fan base.
Each of the last 10 games has seemed like the slow death of your favourite Aunt.We don’t normally show up in games until the last 10-15 mins,sometimes even later,normally when we’re losing and chasing the game.

I can think of only the 15 mins of the Brentford game and the Leeds and Swansea games as a highlight of the 23 games we’ve played at home.
The rest just seem to merge into a mind numbing dirge of various ways to throw away games we should be winning.Or at least competing in.

The walk to the station seems to get longer after each pathetic defeat to teams that haven’t won away since the last king was still alive.
See you all in August.

Thanks Stowmarket,

I watch most of the games online and I completely agree that the the last few months have been shocking. I enjoyed the first half of the season a lot, but then the huge tail-off. Very dispiriting.

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 18:02 - Apr 28 with 4092 viewsPinnerPaul

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 10:02 - Apr 28 by stowmarketrange

See you all in August.

I don't think you can say we only started competing in the last 15 minutes yesterday - totally false perspective of the game there IMHO.
Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 18:04 - Apr 28 with 4081 viewsjohncharles

Meanwhile, in the pub it's Man U v Chelsea. It's everything that's wrong with football today. It's a competition to see who can throw themselves to the ground first. Extra points for whinging and wailing to the ref. More casualties than the Somme and everyone making miraculous recoveries.

Strong and stable my arse.

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 19:11 - Apr 28 with 3968 viewsconnell10

Hi Brian , i respect you as a poster on here but i must ask the question how can we outlast FFP? We have a small ground with no parachute payments next season. Even if we started to build a new stadium now it would take years before the club would break even . I just see us swishing around the plughole until we eventually go down. Im sorry to be negative but i cant see a way out of this! So id like to thank Tony and Co for doing a sterling job in f ucking up the club i love!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 19:18 - Apr 28 with 3960 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 19:11 - Apr 28 by connell10

Hi Brian , i respect you as a poster on here but i must ask the question how can we outlast FFP? We have a small ground with no parachute payments next season. Even if we started to build a new stadium now it would take years before the club would break even . I just see us swishing around the plughole until we eventually go down. Im sorry to be negative but i cant see a way out of this! So id like to thank Tony and Co for doing a sterling job in f ucking up the club i love!

Hi Connell,

Well, I think it's probable in the long term that FFP in its present iteration is about to blow up and will surely be replaced by something more equitable, something that doesn't threaten nearly every club voting for it.

Worst case scenario might be a reset button which would allow us, and others, out from under current and recent losses.

In the short term, though, we should be less constrained as we reap the relative benefits of the last two years of financial prudence under Hoos and Ferdinand. Put simply, I think that 2019/20 is a straitjacket, 2020/21 should allow us to spend some money again.

And, ya, I couldn't agree more on Fernandes and the owners. They threatened the very existence of our club with their massive overspend. what's worse, Fernandes voted for FFP when we were i the Premier League!

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 19:45 - Apr 28 with 3913 viewscolinallcars

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 19:18 - Apr 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Hi Connell,

Well, I think it's probable in the long term that FFP in its present iteration is about to blow up and will surely be replaced by something more equitable, something that doesn't threaten nearly every club voting for it.

Worst case scenario might be a reset button which would allow us, and others, out from under current and recent losses.

In the short term, though, we should be less constrained as we reap the relative benefits of the last two years of financial prudence under Hoos and Ferdinand. Put simply, I think that 2019/20 is a straitjacket, 2020/21 should allow us to spend some money again.

And, ya, I couldn't agree more on Fernandes and the owners. They threatened the very existence of our club with their massive overspend. what's worse, Fernandes voted for FFP when we were i the Premier League!

Like you, I believe the league will have to amend FFP in the coming years. Whether they will letus off the remainder of our fine is quite another matter.
As expected this season, Brum's 9 point deduction mattered not a jot to them so they start afresh with a clean slate at the start of the season while we contemplate 9 more years of paying off our fine.
Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 19:54 - Apr 28 with 3895 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 19:45 - Apr 28 by colinallcars

Like you, I believe the league will have to amend FFP in the coming years. Whether they will letus off the remainder of our fine is quite another matter.
As expected this season, Brum's 9 point deduction mattered not a jot to them so they start afresh with a clean slate at the start of the season while we contemplate 9 more years of paying off our fine.

No, I agree. I think we'll definitely have to pay the fine. But I was saying that they may - may - tell all clubs that any new FFP format starts at zero and that accumulated losses will no longer be held against them. Either way, any new format will suit us better than this, and also with every year and every rolling three-year period we are distancing ourselves financially from the worst of our excesses in years gone by.

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 20:08 - Apr 28 with 3855 viewsMatch82

Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 17:25 - Apr 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I think a club can have likely targets in place in the event of a change of management, and it looks like we did as the interviews started straight away.

But to have a deal struck with a replacement for an employee that you're still working with as part of a team, while it seems acceptable in football, is morally indefensible in my opinion, and I'm glad we haven't done that.

This time.
Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 15:17 - Apr 29 with 3583 viewsnina30

The alternative might be Hull-type owners, or it could be Brentford, who knows? But this is death by a thousand cuts. https://audacity.onl/ https://findmyiphone.onl/ https://origin.onl/
[Post edited 29 Apr 2019 20:50]
Who gives a Flying Burrito Brothers about the Club at the end of the season? on 15:49 - Apr 29 with 3530 viewstimcocking

I'd like to agree, but with the rules as unfair as they are now, it feels like forlorn hope rather than optimism. Ultimately, unless something changes drastically, we are extremely unlikely to go up again for a while, if we do, we lose 30 games out of 38 and come back sickened. More likely to be heading south.

For me, i'm fine with being in the low leagues as long as we continue to do things right, i.e. bring in young QPR players and try to pass the ball. The primary motivation for the club to succeed from my personal perspective is just so i can stop hearing that de ja vu awful whining for once from people obsessed with how sh!t all our managers are, when the reality is the managers are bugger all to do with it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024