Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What did you do Saturday? 18:23 - May 12 with 1228 viewsgerry_us

After the euphoria of the first half last Saturday but ultimately the late disappointment, what did you find to do this weekend guys...forgetting Premier league for which I have absolutely no interest being 90% foreign players and managers.
Well, Saturday serious shopping trip with Mrs Gerry (honestly) then a bowls match in the afternoon (again..honestly, playing not watching, and yes I'm old enough for bowls..just.) followed by a nice meal out in the evening. Sunday a pleasant and long walk along local sandy beach, uplifting but chilly.
So,that's my story,what's yours?
And when does the season start again? I'm bored already.
What did you do Saturday? on 19:06 - May 12 with 1219 viewsLeadbelly

Saturday - dog walk, breakfast in The Wooden Fender at Ardleigh (very good), shopping in town ( very bad), afternoon of DIY and toilet unblocking (sh1tty), Leeds thrashing Derby one nil and a curry.

Sunday - long dog walk then nephew’s birthday party this afternoon.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

What did you do Saturday? on 21:01 - May 12 with 1206 viewsFruitbat

Slept in because last week was mental and I was knackered. Watched a bit of the cricket until we had to go out. Went to the in-laws for a couple of hours then back home and a curry.
What did you do Saturday? on 23:40 - May 12 with 1187 viewsnoah4x4

Scored cricket; Colchester and East Essex CC demolished Loughton CC to go five points clear at the top of the league.

For some great video highlights visit https://colchesteree.play-cricket.com/website/results/3886841 and click on March Centre. The catch taken by New Zealand First Class Wicket Keeper Johnny Basset-Graham (Auckland) is World class. It is Over/Ball 10.6 of the Loughton Innings.

All 'U'sual suspects are welcome, no admission charge, just buy a beer (or three).
[Post edited 12 May 2019 23:43]
What did you do Saturday? on 13:02 - May 13 with 1151 viewswessex_exile

Generous lie-in, followed by shopping trip to Swindon late morning for me and the youngest, including lunch. Called at the garden centre on the way home for some chillis to plant, then spent the remainder of the afternoon sorting out my pots ready for planting.

Pleasantly surprised to discover at 5pm that the U's hadn't lost...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

What did you do Saturday? on 13:56 - May 13 with 1143 viewsburnsieespana

Lay in bed recovering from a a long evening and morning on the tiles drinking triple Bacardi's with coca cola for 3.50 euros a glass! Followed by packing the car in the sun (28c) for an early start in the morning for a car boot sale.
Sunday cooked my own dinner as Mrs. Burnsieespana was in Edinburgh and an early night (slept 12 hours) recovering from the previous 48 hours exertions!
What did you do Saturday? on 14:01 - May 13 with 1143 viewsMoor_Pinot

It felt altogether different without the U's, Gerry. Always does.
Football-wise I checked to see how Heybridge v Maldon had gone.

Then drove 40 miles & led a 5 mile birdwatching walk for about 15 people, mostly French obviously, in pouring rain......not very pleasant although the post-walk food laid on and wine was. On the way there saw my first ever [and probably last] genuine wild cat [called Scottish Wildcat in Britain, called Forest cat here]...wow, superb creature, great tail. Went home to dry off and put stuff together for a pop-up exhibition in the commune over the next 3 weeks. Listened to Buttler's ODI knock - nice lad coached him a few times when I was somerset_barside, many years back. He learnt nowt from me I can assure you. What a player......Somerset have others too.
Opened a bottle of Chateaumeillant with some cheese, lit the fire [6 degrees here again today] and watched a Poirot re-run.

Sunday............I cook on Sundays so was in the kitchen as usual and was wondering whether the Citroen C3 AirCross that kept going by was a prospective house hunter....hope so.
Spent the evening with the telly, more of the Chateaumeillant and the cat on my lap. Never gave football a thought. Have had my say on the U's and remain like Durham, rather cross.

Moor Pinot

What did you do Saturday? on 20:58 - May 13 with 1119 viewsbwildered

What did you do Saturday? on 23:40 - May 12 by noah4x4

Scored cricket; Colchester and East Essex CC demolished Loughton CC to go five points clear at the top of the league.

For some great video highlights visit https://colchesteree.play-cricket.com/website/results/3886841 and click on March Centre. The catch taken by New Zealand First Class Wicket Keeper Johnny Basset-Graham (Auckland) is World class. It is Over/Ball 10.6 of the Loughton Innings.

All 'U'sual suspects are welcome, no admission charge, just buy a beer (or three).
[Post edited 12 May 2019 23:43]

Mixture of gardening and watching England ODI .

Good catch down leg side, but a nice height . Notice Jack Hobbs in the Col & EE line up . Wonder if the original ever played at Castle Park ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

What did you do Saturday? on 23:14 - May 13 with 1090 viewsoxfcolu

I hate this time of year full stop. Back bracking gardening, involving hours in garden centres with her indoors. Nothing to look forward to on a Saturday at 4.50. Laughing at a comment by Wessex about shopping in Swidnod land. I hope he got out with his tyres still attached. Worse of all is the no real news in the gazette.
Login to get fewer ads

What did you do Saturday? on 00:27 - May 14 with 1088 viewswessex_exile

What did you do Saturday? on 23:14 - May 13 by oxfcolu

I hate this time of year full stop. Back bracking gardening, involving hours in garden centres with her indoors. Nothing to look forward to on a Saturday at 4.50. Laughing at a comment by Wessex about shopping in Swidnod land. I hope he got out with his tyres still attached. Worse of all is the no real news in the gazette.

Haha - got out fine Ox, thanks! Round these parts that sort of shenanigans is usually reserved for Trow Vegas

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

What did you do Saturday? on 08:05 - May 14 with 1060 viewsburnsieespana

What did you do Saturday? on 20:58 - May 13 by bwildered

Mixture of gardening and watching England ODI .

Good catch down leg side, but a nice height . Notice Jack Hobbs in the Col & EE line up . Wonder if the original ever played at Castle Park ?

Whilst I don't know about Jack Hobbs I recall players like Fred Trueman playing at Colchester. Somewhere I have tiny photos I took of him and a few other after games in the late 50's and early 60's.
Goodness me makes me feel ancient!
What did you do Saturday? on 00:15 - May 18 with 962 viewsnoah4x4

Colchester (Castle Park) is owner of two first class records.

1. It is the longest walk in England from pavilion to wicket for a (First Class) duck.

2. Arthur Fagg is the only player to score a double hundred in both innings (1932).

Jack Hobbs (original) wrote to Essex for a trial and never got a reply, else he might have played at Colchester.
What did you do Saturday? on 17:15 - May 27 with 852 viewsgerry_us

What did you do Saturday? on 00:15 - May 18 by noah4x4

Colchester (Castle Park) is owner of two first class records.

1. It is the longest walk in England from pavilion to wicket for a (First Class) duck.

2. Arthur Fagg is the only player to score a double hundred in both innings (1932).

Jack Hobbs (original) wrote to Essex for a trial and never got a reply, else he might have played at Colchester.

What could be better than a big stand between Sir Alastair and Ravi? Wish I was there.
What did you do Saturday? on 08:13 - May 28 with 815 viewsbwildered

Saw exactly that, albeit at Chelmsford on Bank Holiday Monday, Ravi and Cook putting on 130 against Kent .
A masterclass in opening and constructing a innings which we saw all to regularly for the former England captain .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024