Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disturbing financial figures 11:29 - May 24 with 613 viewsdurham_exile

Of the 92 league clubs ranked in order of profitability for 2017/18 Colchester were 62nd with a loss of £3m.

52 of the 72 EFL teams lost money.

We were the worst performing of all League two clubs as well.

Up the paupers

Durham_exile

Disturbing financial figures on 12:29 - May 24 with 599 viewsburnsieespana

I have not seen these stats but if I understand you correctly durham, Cowlings statement that season we were punching above our weight was in fact totally correct!
Disturbing financial figures on 20:02 - May 24 with 557 viewsdurham_exile

Disturbing financial figures on 12:29 - May 24 by burnsieespana

I have not seen these stats but if I understand you correctly durham, Cowlings statement that season we were punching above our weight was in fact totally correct!

burnsie - source The Times Friday 24th May.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Disturbing financial figures on 05:57 - May 25 with 541 viewsnoah4x4

It's been obvious for a very long time that year on year Cowling pumps in money to support Tiptree and the youth which is excluded from FFP Rules.

Just weigh up the costs of employing such a large First XI squad plus Under 23s, U18s etc. on such low gates. Now add the army of back room staff. I don't always agree with his policies, but have long admired him for this.

There will be those that will argue that he will offset losses against profits in other parts of his business empire. That may be true. But all that does is reduce the amount of tax paid. It will still result in a net loss.

There are the cynical that will argue he can always redeem his losses by selling the Tiptree Training Ground for housing. Again, probably true. But we should respect that without his business acumen and generosity we would probably have joined the non-league ranks given our hard core home support is little more than 2,500.

Promotion might be a poison chalice for him unless gates improve. The likely higher Wage Bill to sustain higher division football will result in greater losses unless we get far more fans through the gates. Those that argue for lower ticket prices are clueless as regards the economics. No way will the extra revenue from new fans gained compensate for the loss of revenue from the existing.

Frankly, I think we are fortunate that he is more passionate about Colchester United than the retention of his money. We don't have to like him, but he should be respected.
Disturbing financial figures on 10:35 - May 25 with 527 viewsburnsieespana

Well said noah.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024