Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Smith- Wales International 14:30 - Jun 21 with 11282 viewsthame_hoops

Another player potentially incoming, Man city and Wales international, central midfielder, thoughts?

Matt Smith- Wales International on 15:33 - Jul 1 with 2608 viewsthame_hoops

Matt Smith- Wales International on 15:30 - Jul 1 by TW_R

Did you just try to validate your thread by linking us to a story on HITC!!?

I heard another strong whisper as im up in redditch today, did a search and saw a couple of links, what is HITC? Im not familiar with it
Matt Smith- Wales International on 15:50 - Jul 1 with 2508 viewsBuckR

Matt Smith- Wales International on 15:33 - Jul 1 by thame_hoops

I heard another strong whisper as im up in redditch today, did a search and saw a couple of links, what is HITC? Im not familiar with it

Now official
Matt Smith- Wales International on 15:51 - Jul 1 with 2504 viewsqueensparker

Club just posted this picture

Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:07 - Jul 1 with 2362 viewsJigsore

and it's official, season long loan. not a bad days work there
[Post edited 1 Jul 2019 16:07]

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:13 - Jul 1 with 2301 viewseghamranger

Matt Smith- Wales International on 15:51 - Jul 1 by queensparker

Club just posted this picture

I hope Matt Smith senior stays... hope that means that
Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:16 - Jul 1 with 2261 viewsBucksRanger

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/matt-smith-joins-qpr-on-loan-from-man-city/
Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:18 - Jul 1 with 2237 viewsrsonist

Matt Smith- Wales International on 17:13 - Jun 21 by thame_hoops

I work in Redditch and that’s where he’s from. Lads in the company under my office know him so told me we are showing an interest

Feels like this could be the first time an ITK tip like this ever panned out...
Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:19 - Jul 1 with 2220 viewsrsonist

Scowen on defcon 1:

“Matt can play as a defensive midfielder or slightly more advanced,” Warburton said. “He is comfortable in both positions. I see him playing a key role in front of our back four.

“He is tenacious, he rats to get the ball, he’s very comfortable in possession, takes the ball in tight areas and has a lovely range of passing as well."
Login to get fewer ads

Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:29 - Jul 1 with 2148 viewsNorthernr

Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:19 - Jul 1 by rsonist

Scowen on defcon 1:

“Matt can play as a defensive midfielder or slightly more advanced,” Warburton said. “He is comfortable in both positions. I see him playing a key role in front of our back four.

“He is tenacious, he rats to get the ball, he’s very comfortable in possession, takes the ball in tight areas and has a lovely range of passing as well."

Yeh Scowen won't like that. Probably snap the little boy in half in training.
Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:30 - Jul 1 with 2129 viewsMaggsinho

Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:29 - Jul 1 by Northernr

Yeh Scowen won't like that. Probably snap the little boy in half in training.

And then stand over him shouting "I'm the mutha-f*cking rat, you hear me?"
Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:31 - Jul 1 with 2123 viewsWadR

Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:19 - Jul 1 by rsonist

Scowen on defcon 1:

Scowen won't know whether to two foot new Smith in training for daring to take the rat moniker or thank him for allowing him to play as an advanced midfielder now.

Edit - Clive got in there quicker
[Post edited 1 Jul 2019 16:33]
Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:41 - Jul 1 with 2046 viewsrsonist

Tie their tails together for a rat king double pivot.
Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:48 - Jul 1 with 1993 viewsrunningman75

Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:31 - Jul 1 by WadR

Scowen won't know whether to two foot new Smith in training for daring to take the rat moniker or thank him for allowing him to play as an advanced midfielder now.

Edit - Clive got in there quicker
[Post edited 1 Jul 2019 16:33]

we need Scowen up the pitch to score against Barnsley again.
Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:55 - Jul 1 with 1947 viewsBakes

Big Smith gone to the ‘wall

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Matt Smith- Wales International on 17:00 - Jul 1 with 1906 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Matt Smith- Wales International on 16:55 - Jul 1 by Bakes

Big Smith gone to the ‘wall

If that's true and it looks like it, then that was one awful PR stunt with the new signing announcement

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Matt Smith- Wales International on 17:07 - Jul 1 with 1873 viewsDavieQPR

If 'Posh' Matt has gone then another one or two forwards must be in the bag.
Matt Smith- Wales International on 17:11 - Jul 1 with 1851 viewseghamranger

Matt Smith- Wales International on 17:07 - Jul 1 by DavieQPR

Have we at the moment got any strikers?!?
Matt Smith- Wales International on 17:13 - Jul 1 with 1831 viewsBoston

I fcking hope so!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Matt Smith- Wales International on 18:39 - Jul 1 with 1631 viewsHunterhoop

Disappointed if we’re selling Matt Smith, unless we’ve got over £1m.

Given it’s Millwall buying it can’t really be a salary thing.

But also, who can we get for the same salary who will score 10 goals given 30 odd starts?

I can just see Millwall using Matt Smith properly, him bagging 15 in the season, obviously including scoring against us, whilst we end up having to panic and loan in someone on the same money for less return.

Who actually are our forwards at the club if he’s gone? And I mean actual strikers, not “wide forwards” or wingers.

Oteh
Lewis Walker (barely a pro)
???

Am I missing someone?!
Matt Smith- Wales International on 19:04 - Jul 1 with 1530 viewsAntti_Heinola

Matt Smith- Wales International on 18:39 - Jul 1 by Hunterhoop

But also, who can we get for the same salary who will score 10 goals given 30 odd starts?

I can just see Millwall using Matt Smith properly, him bagging 15 in the season, obviously including scoring against us, whilst we end up having to panic and loan in someone on the same money for less return.

Who actually are our forwards at the club if he’s gone? And I mean actual strikers, not “wide forwards” or wingers.

Oteh
???

Am I missing someone?!

£1m for 30-year-old-journeyman-perennial-sub Mathieu Smith?
While I completely agree we need a minimum of one striker, realistically two, you would not get £1m for Mathieu if City wanted to buy him!

Bare bones.

Matt Smith- Wales International on 19:11 - Jul 1 with 1491 viewsMaggsinho

Matt Smith- Wales International on 18:39 - Jul 1 by Hunterhoop

Oteh
???

Am I missing someone?!

With Warburton and his ‘Plan B is to do Plan A better’ I can’t see that he would have got much, if any time on the pitch. If we’ve got a fee for him and freed up his salary that’s probably a good outcome (assuming we now sign a couple of strikers).
Matt Smith- Wales International on 19:27 - Jul 1 with 1435 viewsHunterhoop

Matt Smith- Wales International on 19:04 - Jul 1 by Antti_Heinola

While I completely agree we need a minimum of one striker, realistically two, you would not get £1m for Mathieu if City wanted to buy him!

10 goals a season in the Champ, assuming you start half the games is a decent return that has tangible, very measurable, and easily comparable value. Just look at what other strikers cost who deliver that. The age and plan B piece is relevant everywhere but up front.

We have to be able to replace his output for less salary. For all his faults, I think that’ll be very tough.
Matt Smith- Wales International on 19:43 - Jul 1 with 1374 viewsrsonist

Matt Smith- Wales International on 19:11 - Jul 1 by Maggsinho

With Warburton and his ‘Plan B is to do Plan A better’ I can’t see that he would have got much, if any time on the pitch. If we’ve got a fee for him and freed up his salary that’s probably a good outcome (assuming we now sign a couple of strikers).

There's obviously a fine line between stubborn and suicidal and it essentially comes down to whether a coach can back up his ideas theoretically and in practice. (And something like McClaren playing out from the back - we just didn't have the players with the best will in the world). But I do think the club has really suffered from having around too many spoiled brat broken toy half chewed "options" and talented bits of potential that kind of fit sometimes and then not. Hedging our bets seems practical but is like building on sand, it's getting us nowhere.

The one thing I would say about Big Smith is that everything positive we're saying about him now is all actually nothing that all the other clubs that don't buy him and wouldn't play him wouldn't disagree with. They simply choose to commit to another direction for the sake of the whole (apart from Wall for whom - again unlike us - Smith will be Plan A). A great lad though and I wish him all the best - hopefully when he inevitably scores against us we'll already be 4-0 up playing sparkling incisive passing football.
Matt Smith- Wales International on 19:48 - Jul 1 with 1351 viewsBostonR

Matt Smith- Wales International on 19:27 - Jul 1 by Hunterhoop

10 goals a season in the Champ, assuming you start half the games is a decent return that has tangible, very measurable, and easily comparable value. Just look at what other strikers cost who deliver that. The age and plan B piece is relevant everywhere but up front.

We have to be able to replace his output for less salary. For all his faults, I think that’ll be very tough.

Spot-on post. Not his greatest fan but he always made an impact when he came on. Not sure what Warburton is thinking on the forward game-plan but is Wells a realistic shout to come back in providing we can afford him?
Matt Smith- Wales International on 19:55 - Jul 1 with 1331 viewspaulparker

Matt Smith- Wales International on 19:04 - Jul 1 by Antti_Heinola

A minimum of one ???
We need 3 strikers if Smith is going
Eze , smyth are not strikers and its way to soon for walker

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024