Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Smith- Wales International 14:30 - Jun 21 with 11276 viewsthame_hoops

Another player potentially incoming, Man city and Wales international, central midfielder, thoughts?

Matt Smith- Wales International on 20:08 - Jul 1 with 1372 viewsHantsR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48833480
Matt Smith- Wales International on 20:24 - Jul 1 with 1282 viewsHunterhoop

Matt Smith- Wales International on 19:43 - Jul 1 by rsonist

There's obviously a fine line between stubborn and suicidal and it essentially comes down to whether a coach can back up his ideas theoretically and in practice. (And something like McClaren playing out from the back - we just didn't have the players with the best will in the world). But I do think the club has really suffered from having around too many spoiled brat broken toy half chewed "options" and talented bits of potential that kind of fit sometimes and then not. Hedging our bets seems practical but is like building on sand, it's getting us nowhere.

The one thing I would say about Big Smith is that everything positive we're saying about him now is all actually nothing that all the other clubs that don't buy him and wouldn't play him wouldn't disagree with. They simply choose to commit to another direction for the sake of the whole (apart from Wall for whom - again unlike us - Smith will be Plan A). A great lad though and I wish him all the best - hopefully when he inevitably scores against us we'll already be 4-0 up playing sparkling incisive passing football.

Echo that last statement. I certainly think he’ll score against us with Millwall slinging in balls to him at every opportunity with our defence. Leistner is going to have his hands full. Probably best he knobble him early.
Matt Smith- Wales International on 20:25 - Jul 1 with 1282 viewsDavieQPR

Or are we going to play with a false 9?
Matt Smith- Wales International on 20:32 - Jul 1 with 1260 viewsBklynRanger

Sorry to see Big Smudge go - decent player who put a shift in and seemed to be a thoroughly decent fella.
Matt Smith- Wales International on 20:41 - Jul 1 with 1224 viewsrsonist

Smith is going to wear the 10 shirt for them apparently. However much they may or may not do us over by at least I'll know it could never be us.
Matt Smith- Wales International on 22:01 - Jul 1 with 1079 viewsAntti_Heinola

Matt Smith- Wales International on 19:27 - Jul 1 by Hunterhoop

10 goals a season in the Champ, assuming you start half the games is a decent return that has tangible, very measurable, and easily comparable value. Just look at what other strikers cost who deliver that. The age and plan B piece is relevant everywhere but up front.

We have to be able to replace his output for less salary. For all his faults, I think that’ll be very tough.

Agree with all that!
But Matt Smith is not a million pound player.

Bare bones.

Matt Smith- Wales International on 22:03 - Jul 1 with 1079 viewsAntti_Heinola

Matt Smith- Wales International on 19:55 - Jul 1 by paulparker

A minimum of one ???
We need 3 strikers if Smith is going
Eze , smyth are not strikers and its way to soon for walker

Agree.
But what we 'need' (and we don't need 3), and what we'll get are two different things. I absolutely guarantee you we will not be signing three strikers. It'll be Oteh, plus one - two if we're lucky.

Bare bones.

Matt Smith- Wales International on 22:40 - Jul 1 with 1026 viewsrsonist

Smyth can count as a supplementary striker in my book. Far more than he is a chalk on his boots winger or someone that builds play, at any rate. Would obviously need plenty of work physically and tactically beyond what he has a very very good knack for.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024