Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Super U's First Team squad 2019/20 09:51 - Jul 5 with 773 viewsdurham_exile

As things stand:

GOALKEEPERS
Ethan Ross (Number One)
Dillon Barnes (yet to sign a new contract)

DEFENDERS
Ryan Jackson
Luke Prosser
Cameron James
Tom Eastman
Kane Vincent-Young
Ollie Kensdale
Omar Sowunmi (ex Yeovil)
Danny Collinge
Matthew Weaire

MIDFIELD
Tom Lapslie
Courtney Senior
Harry Pell
Brandon Comley
Diaz Wright
Ryan Clampin
Michael Fernandes
Luke Gambin (ex Luton)
Ben Stevenson
Noah Chilvers
Todd Miller

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS
Jevani Brown (ex Cambridge)
Paris Cowan-Hall (ex Wycombe)

STRIKERS
Chuck Norris
Frank Nouble
Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe (on loan to Derry)

Possible starting XI 4-3-3 v Port Vale

Ross

Jackson Eastman Sowunmi Vincent-Young

Lapslie Pell Stevenson

Brown Nouble Cowan-Hall

Subs:

Reserve GK, Prosser, James, Senior, Gambin, Fernandes, Norris

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's First Team squad 2019/20 on 14:58 - Jul 5 with 735 viewsFruitbat

Still need an experienced keeper and, with only Jackson and KVY, we are short of full-back cover. Sort those two positions out and there might be the core of a decent squad there.
Super U's First Team squad 2019/20 on 15:37 - Jul 5 with 723 viewsgerry_us

I saw a little of Eathan Ross and he struck me as being a confident young man but with lots to learn. He however should start as no.1 keeper next season. I also saw a bit of Barnes and what I saw in him did not add up to even a no.2 keeper so that remains a priority.
Much has been said about Gerken over the past few days but nothing has materialised as yet. I would be happy for him to be in the fold with the obvious experience he would bring. Many on this board are not keen and labelled him a "shot stopper" only. Not sure what else you need from a keeper. Would much prefer him to our departed 7' keeper who appears to have passed into obscurity since leaving.
Super U's First Team squad 2019/20 on 17:23 - Jul 5 with 709 viewsLeadbelly

Super U's First Team squad 2019/20 on 15:37 - Jul 5 by gerry_us

I saw a little of Eathan Ross and he struck me as being a confident young man but with lots to learn. He however should start as no.1 keeper next season. I also saw a bit of Barnes and what I saw in him did not add up to even a no.2 keeper so that remains a priority.
Much has been said about Gerken over the past few days but nothing has materialised as yet. I would be happy for him to be in the fold with the obvious experience he would bring. Many on this board are not keen and labelled him a "shot stopper" only. Not sure what else you need from a keeper. Would much prefer him to our departed 7' keeper who appears to have passed into obscurity since leaving.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/17749932.colchester-united-want-another-kee

Club on the case if the Gazette is to be believed.

A competent goalkeeper should be able to organise his defence, claim crosses, kick the ball (harder than you may think apparently!) and distribute effectively. Stopping shots is also handy.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Super U's First Team squad 2019/20 on 17:51 - Jul 5 with 704 viewswessex_exile

Super U's First Team squad 2019/20 on 15:37 - Jul 5 by gerry_us

Over a year since Sam Walker left, and he's managed seven league appearances for Reading, plus two in the League Cup, none since early November 2018, and conceding 15 goals in the process. More money maybe, but you've got to wonder whether it was a good career move for Sam?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Super U's First Team squad 2019/20 on 20:50 - Jul 5 with 680 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's First Team squad 2019/20 on 17:51 - Jul 5 by wessex_exile

Over a year since Sam Walker left, and he's managed seven league appearances for Reading, plus two in the League Cup, none since early November 2018, and conceding 15 goals in the process. More money maybe, but you've got to wonder whether it was a good career move for Sam?

Readings first team squad shows Vito Mannone and Sam Walker unless Sam manages to make the number one shirt his own then I would definitely agree it was a disastrous career move for him.

If we had managed promotion last season big Sam might have even returned.

In the meantime I believe Ethan Ross is going to be an impressive keeper for us this season. He was very competent last year and will be even better this season.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's First Team squad 2019/20 on 21:25 - Jul 5 with 670 viewsFruitbat

Super U's First Team squad 2019/20 on 20:50 - Jul 5 by durham_exile

Readings first team squad shows Vito Mannone and Sam Walker unless Sam manages to make the number one shirt his own then I would definitely agree it was a disastrous career move for him.

If we had managed promotion last season big Sam might have even returned.

In the meantime I believe Ethan Ross is going to be an impressive keeper for us this season. He was very competent last year and will be even better this season.

UTU's

Mannone is on loan at Minnesota United, saw him on the telly the other day.
Super U's First Team squad 2019/20 on 22:05 - Jul 5 with 662 viewsdurham_exile

Super U's First Team squad 2019/20 on 21:25 - Jul 5 by Fruitbat

Mannone is on loan at Minnesota United, saw him on the telly the other day.

FB big Sam will therefore never get a better chance to shine as number for the Royals!

UTU's

Durham_exile

Super U's First Team squad 2019/20 on 08:35 - Jul 8 with 581 viewsdurham_exile

It looks as though Dean Gerken is returning to the Super U's.
At 34 it is 10 years since he left the U's. He has over 300 appearances to his name over his career.

His career has however been checkered at best with that infamous late evening incident whilst playing for Bristol City a notable low.

Regardless of the decision I truly hope that Ethan Ross is the number one this season. It must be all about the future for Colchester not delving into the past.

Bailey Vose and Ross and Gerken would appear to be the Goalkeeping options.

UTU's

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024