Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last minute summer holiday deals 21:34 - Aug 4 with 3441 viewsthame_hoops

Trying to find a last minute deal but there is nothing, anyone else found this ?

Yeah the pound is low vs the euro and dollar but usually there are deals to be had?

And now every flight stateside wants money for baggage and to choose a seat, basic economy is the default now, mental
Last minute summer holiday deals on 21:43 - Aug 4 with 3416 viewshantssi

Just about to book Northern Cyprus, Turkish Lira so good value for money.
Going Wednesday about £700 half board right on the beach.
Last minute summer holiday deals on 21:50 - Aug 4 with 3397 viewsthame_hoops

Last minute summer holiday deals on 21:43 - Aug 4 by hantssi

What site do you use mate?
Last minute summer holiday deals on 21:56 - Aug 4 with 3381 viewshantssi

Last minute summer holiday deals on 21:50 - Aug 4 by thame_hoops

What site do you use mate?

Used gonorthcyprus and cyprusparadise
Should have said, that’s for a week.
We looked all over but as you said very expensive, I think it was money saving expert ran a feature on best value holidays, Turkey was on there but we fancied North Cyprus before it gets too “touristy”.
Last minute summer holiday deals on 23:50 - Aug 4 with 3222 viewsGloryHunter

Gave up summer holidays ten years ago. Too stressful. You have a nice time on the beach and then you have to fly back, with some kid screaming and kicking the back of your seat. And then you have to get through Heathrow or Gatwick and then get home to find a pile of post and bills and unmowed grass and giant unpicked runner beans. I'm much happier and less stressed since I decided to call it a day.
Last minute summer holiday deals on 00:03 - Aug 5 with 3209 viewsthame_hoops

Last minute summer holiday deals on 23:50 - Aug 4 by GloryHunter

Gave up summer holidays ten years ago. Too stressful. You have a nice time on the beach and then you have to fly back, with some kid screaming and kicking the back of your seat. And then you have to get through Heathrow or Gatwick and then get home to find a pile of post and bills and unmowed grass and giant unpicked runner beans. I'm much happier and less stressed since I decided to call it a day.

I hear ya 😂
Last minute summer holiday deals on 08:14 - Aug 5 with 3131 viewsstowmarketrange

I’ve just checked in online for our flights to Spain on 24th August.I only received the email on Friday but all there was left on the plane is single seats,unless I pay extra to book seats together.Cheeky bustards.
They try and nick every last penny out of travellers now don’t they?
Last minute summer holiday deals on 11:23 - Aug 5 with 3006 viewspeejaybee

Try Cape Verde Islands.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Last minute summer holiday deals on 11:39 - Aug 5 with 2974 viewsLythamR

seems to be a good selection in Cyprus for Next week, at least departing from Manchester

try

https://www.holidaygems.co.uk . I found 4 star all inclusive 7 nights from 11th starting at 750pp and plenty of other B & B to full board from £550

Or you could do flight only and turn up at Jonno's :)
Login to get fewer ads

Last minute summer holiday deals on 12:31 - Aug 5 with 2913 viewsstevec

Last minute summer holiday deals on 21:43 - Aug 4 by hantssi

Do you still have to fly to Southern Cyprus and then transfer to Northern Cyprus?

Me and the wife went some years back and got a cab North driven by an Ayatollah lookalike and his twin brother sidekick, both giving it the full Bernard Bresslaw. Surprised we got there in one piece.

The Turkish side is lovely though. Enjoy your holiday.
Last minute summer holiday deals on 19:28 - Aug 5 with 2719 viewsQPRVAS

Last minute summer holiday deals on 12:31 - Aug 5 by stevec

Do you still have to fly to Southern Cyprus and then transfer to Northern Cyprus?

Me and the wife went some years back and got a cab North driven by an Ayatollah lookalike and his twin brother sidekick, both giving it the full Bernard Bresslaw. Surprised we got there in one piece.

The Turkish side is lovely though. Enjoy your holiday.

As a Greek Cypriot I detest the thought of people holidaying in the North of the Island. My family have lost land homes and their livelihoods following the Turkish invasion in 1974. Northern Cyprus isn't recognised as a country for a reason so why would people visit this part of the Island and stay in places that have been gained through an unresolved conflict?
Last minute summer holiday deals on 20:15 - Aug 5 with 2674 viewsloftboy

Last minute summer holiday deals on 19:28 - Aug 5 by QPRVAS

As a Greek Cypriot I detest the thought of people holidaying in the North of the Island. My family have lost land homes and their livelihoods following the Turkish invasion in 1974. Northern Cyprus isn't recognised as a country for a reason so why would people visit this part of the Island and stay in places that have been gained through an unresolved conflict?

A bloke I used to work with is a Greek Cypriot and almost pleads with people on Facebook not to visit the north. Also when in Rhodes in June they were saying that relations between the Turks and Greeks are very volatile at the moment. I'm back in Rhodes on Wednesday ,was meant to be in skisathis today but had to change planss last minute.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2019 14:02]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Last minute summer holiday deals on 22:08 - Aug 5 with 2591 viewsstevec

Yeah, understand your view, wasn’t fully aware of the consequences of the 74 invasion, certainly not as far as the loss of land and property although more became clear whilst we were there.

At the time I gathered that there was a real possibility that land and property was going to be slowly reinstated to its previous owners , particularly that owned by foreign occupants, many in fact from the UK. I take it that hasn’t materialised ?
Last minute summer holiday deals on 14:40 - Aug 6 with 2378 viewsloftboy

As said earlier was due to fly to skiathos Monday but had to cancel, we paid an extra £48 with BA to Pre book our seats, booked our flights to Rhodes only a couple of days ago again with BA, didn’t pay the extra this time, when I checked in just now all three seats were together without any extra cost.

Last minute summer holiday deals on 14:55 - Aug 6 with 2356 viewsthame_hoops

Last minute summer holiday deals on 14:40 - Aug 6 by loftboy

As said earlier was due to fly to skiathos Monday but had to cancel, we paid an extra £48 with BA to Pre book our seats, booked our flights to Rhodes only a couple of days ago again with BA, didn’t pay the extra this time, when I checked in just now all three seats were together without any extra cost.

I always pay the extra for seats together or else it stresses me !

it's a cheek now this BA basic economy fare, previously it was always just 'economy' and you got a luggage allowance and could choose seat 24hrs before check in. Now all the companies have followed this, virgin, delta, AA etc

Have a great holiday
Last minute summer holiday deals on 12:25 - Aug 7 with 2250 viewsloftboy

Murder at Gatwick this morning after BA had a system failure, flight still on time remarkably.

Last minute summer holiday deals on 19:41 - Aug 7 with 2153 views2touch

Respectfully I would say that this attitude has got Greek Cypriots precisely nowhere in the last 45 years. It’s fair to say that Greek Cypriots have lost properties from the war but so have the Turkish Cypriots, but I notice you forgot to mention that. Interestingly, Larnaca airport sits on land that was Turkish Cypriot owned before the war.

Time for both sides of Cyprus to look to move on rather than just shouting the same things at each other repeatedly as nothing will change!

I would also acknowledge that this is a football forum and not politics but it wasn’t me that started it 😀

To the original poster - have a great time and take time to visit both sides of the island while you are there.
Last minute summer holiday deals on 21:10 - Aug 7 with 2054 viewsMatch82

Last minute summer holiday deals on 14:55 - Aug 6 by thame_hoops

I always pay the extra for seats together or else it stresses me !

it's a cheek now this BA basic economy fare, previously it was always just 'economy' and you got a luggage allowance and could choose seat 24hrs before check in. Now all the companies have followed this, virgin, delta, AA etc

Have a great holiday

In theory though nothing has changed with Economy, it's just they are offering a tier below that without the perks.

In theory.
Last minute summer holiday deals on 23:38 - Aug 8 with 1920 viewsthame_hoops

Last minute summer holiday deals on 21:10 - Aug 7 by Match82

In theory though nothing has changed with Economy, it's just they are offering a tier below that without the perks.

In theory.

It’s not though, the prices are not cheaper in basic economy compared to regular economy a year ago. They’ve kept prices the same but now charge for luggage and seat choice
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024