Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury 16:09 - Aug 5 with 5265 viewsdavman

https://www.football.london/championship/bristol-city-contact-qpr-fulham-1670290

About bloody time too. Excellent call by Lee Johnson - it is the referees responsibility to manage injuries.

That's one path to time wasting cut off...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 16:14 - Aug 5 with 3389 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sounds like Johnson panicking to me. already after yesterday's loss he started talking about getting '4 or 5 in'. Think if things go badly in the early part of the season he could be booted out.

Bare bones.

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 16:27 - Aug 5 with 3324 viewsstevec

Excellent, that'll fck Preston up.

I've yet to see a player laying on the ground get trampled to death so if it wasn't a free kick don't see why the ref can't make a judgment call when the ball has moved away and get the physio on while the game carries on. He has to enter from the side the players down.

You can guarantee he'll be on his feet before he gets there.
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 16:53 - Aug 5 with 3227 viewsdaveB

bit daft though to go on a one team crusade, what will his reaction be if one of their players goes down injured and the other team play on and score
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 16:57 - Aug 5 with 3203 viewsNorthernr

I do not know what football's aversion is to letting the physio come on while play continues. Happens absolutely no problem at all in rugby, and if it's a serious problem the physio signals that play needs to be stopped.

This rule is a mess at the moment. You're asking a referee to make a judgement call on the run what is serious and what is not - and he's not a medical professional. Players are supposed to go off for treatment, instead they're treated on the pitch and then go through this nonsense procedure of walking off to come straight back on again.

It's all flagrantly abused for time wasting, and some referees are much more likely to stop the play than others. Whole thing is a mess that needs a complete overhaul.
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 17:20 - Aug 5 with 3130 viewsstowmarketrange

It was supposed to only for a head injury and that’s what it should be used for.The refs should use common sense and realise that more players go down injured when their team is winning or drawing than when they’re losing.
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 17:28 - Aug 5 with 3106 viewsterryb

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 17:20 - Aug 5 by stowmarketrange

It was supposed to only for a head injury and that’s what it should be used for.The refs should use common sense and realise that more players go down injured when their team is winning or drawing than when they’re losing.

Are you seriously sugesting that the game shouldn't be stopped for a broken leg etc?

Of course a lot of the time players going to ground doesn't warrant stopping the game, but it is more than head injuries that does require a break in play.

In do agree with Northern though that it is a nightmare for the referee!
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 17:30 - Aug 5 with 3097 viewsloftboy

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 16:53 - Aug 5 by daveB

bit daft though to go on a one team crusade, what will his reaction be if one of their players goes down injured and the other team play on and score

Lee Johnson says he expects his opponents to play on as well.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 17:43 - Aug 5 with 3053 viewsstowmarketrange

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 17:28 - Aug 5 by terryb

Are you seriously sugesting that the game shouldn't be stopped for a broken leg etc?

Of course a lot of the time players going to ground doesn't warrant stopping the game, but it is more than head injuries that does require a break in play.

In do agree with Northern though that it is a nightmare for the referee!

The players should know whether it’s a serious injury like a broken leg,and deal with it themselves.The majority of players who fall to the floor claiming injuries can wait until the ball goes out of play.
I’m sick of teams,including ours using it to break up play and waste time when they are winning games.Its time the refs realised that players on the losing side go down injured less than players from teams that are winning.
Login to get fewer ads

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 17:58 - Aug 5 with 3012 viewsLongsufferingR

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 16:57 - Aug 5 by Northernr

I do not know what football's aversion is to letting the physio come on while play continues. Happens absolutely no problem at all in rugby, and if it's a serious problem the physio signals that play needs to be stopped.

This rule is a mess at the moment. You're asking a referee to make a judgement call on the run what is serious and what is not - and he's not a medical professional. Players are supposed to go off for treatment, instead they're treated on the pitch and then go through this nonsense procedure of walking off to come straight back on again.

It's all flagrantly abused for time wasting, and some referees are much more likely to stop the play than others. Whole thing is a mess that needs a complete overhaul.

Mostly agree but football is mainly played on the ground while rugby is mainly with the ball in the air, so much easier to avoid the physio/injured player in rugby. Much higher chance of the ball hitting them in football and play being affected.
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 18:01 - Aug 5 with 2995 viewstoboboly

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 17:43 - Aug 5 by stowmarketrange

The players should know whether it’s a serious injury like a broken leg,and deal with it themselves.The majority of players who fall to the floor claiming injuries can wait until the ball goes out of play.
I’m sick of teams,including ours using it to break up play and waste time when they are winning games.Its time the refs realised that players on the losing side go down injured less than players from teams that are winning.

This.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 18:03 - Aug 5 with 2990 viewsVancouverHoop

Should be the officials' call. They're mic'd these days so between the three of them they should be able to judge whether or not it's an legitimate injury.

I also think each team should get one time-out per match. Water breaks have begun this, but I think it should be formalised. You get lots of fakery around the eightieth minute, because everyone needs a break.
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 18:28 - Aug 5 with 2912 viewsQPR_John

How about any player that goes down not from a tackle gets treatment but has to go off for 10 minutes.
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 18:59 - Aug 5 with 2862 viewsPinnerPaul

Spot on Clive.

Even Lee Johnson said himself 'Sometimes its genuine, sometimes its tactical'

So how the referee is supposed to 'manage' that I have no idea!

You're also correct in that referees could/should enforce the 'no treatment on the pitch' part of the relevant law - that would help.

Only thing is the new 'drop ball ' law whereby the team that had possession when play stopped get an uncontested drop ball, SHOULD make it easier for referees to stop play.

They/we should also of course add on the correct added time, which btw, having now watched the 90' through from Saturday, I thought ref v Stoke did.
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 19:01 - Aug 5 with 2850 viewsPinnerPaul

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 17:20 - Aug 5 by stowmarketrange

Another law myth - 'head injury' not mentioned in the law, it says referees should stop play if a player is seriously injured.

As Clive says how they are supposed to do that while

a) yards away and

b) still trying to referee the match

is a bit difficult!
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 19:19 - Aug 5 with 2791 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 17:43 - Aug 5 by stowmarketrange

Diouff when Jamie Mackie broke his leg up at Blackburn?
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 19:33 - Aug 5 with 2740 viewsstowmarketrange

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 19:19 - Aug 5 by WrightUp5hit___

Diouff when Jamie Mackie broke his leg up at Blackburn?

He was just a sewer rat.
Look at the teams who have the most players who go down injured in the last 10-15 mins of a game and it’s probably 99% in favour of the team that’s winning.
If we can all see it’s mainly players time wasting why can’t the officials?Play on for 1 minute and see how many stay down,unless it’s a serious and obvious injury,including a clash of heads.
Once players see that they can’t get away with it as easy as they do now,it might be stamped out,especially by teammates and managers who might concede a goal in that minute.
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 20:10 - Aug 5 with 2670 viewscyprusmel

One of the alterations I would like to see is, if a player injures another player bad enough for him to leave the field of play both should go off otherwise you may get a free kick but you are still in a 10 v 11 situation.
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 20:23 - Aug 5 with 2621 viewsWatford_Ranger

I sympathise with the referees. You don’t want to be the guy to wave play on and a player ends up dying. Rare but could happen.
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 20:35 - Aug 5 with 2572 viewsstowmarketrange

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 20:23 - Aug 5 by Watford_Ranger

I sympathise with the referees. You don’t want to be the guy to wave play on and a player ends up dying. Rare but could happen.

So the cheats get away with it because of a million to 1 chance?
The other alternative is to stop the clock every time there is a stoppage because the ref rarely adds on enough time,and it’s mainly done to break up play and stop the team chasing the game from doing so.
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 20:44 - Aug 5 with 2540 viewsdaveB

referees should be able to work out when a player might be injured and when they are taking the piss
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 20:50 - Aug 5 with 2504 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 20:35 - Aug 5 by stowmarketrange

So the cheats get away with it because of a million to 1 chance?
The other alternative is to stop the clock every time there is a stoppage because the ref rarely adds on enough time,and it’s mainly done to break up play and stop the team chasing the game from doing so.

I’m not saying it’s right but if you’re in that situation is it worth taking the risk with your career? It’s the laws that are crap. The referees are probably as bored of it as we are.
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 21:01 - Aug 5 with 2471 viewsstowmarketrange

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 20:50 - Aug 5 by Watford_Ranger

I’m not saying it’s right but if you’re in that situation is it worth taking the risk with your career? It’s the laws that are crap. The referees are probably as bored of it as we are.

If it’s implemented correctly by the officials it might mean that players only go down when they are genuinely injured because a lot can happen in a game in a minute when you have a player down feigning and the game continues around them.
Once players realise that they can’t just stop when they feel like it,it MIGHT make them a little more honest.
Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 21:26 - Aug 5 with 2419 viewsThGrimRanger

this is getting worse year-on-year and something needs to be done.

i'd like to see a tweek to the current rule that when play gets stopped for an injury then the injured player is not allowed back on pitch until the ball goes out of play again (rather than being waved back on during play)

if he's that badly injured to stop play then he should need at least until then to be treated and assessed. too often play gets stopped, player gets treated, hobbles off then waved straight back on, does a couple of fake winces in case the camera is on him then starts charging around as per normal.

TheGrimRanger

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 21:39 - Aug 5 with 2391 viewsdavman

You are right in that football has an aversion, but to common sense. At the beginning of last season, all managers in our local league were reminded that we should not enter the field of play until signalled by the ref.

I replied with "Bollox" ; if one of my lads (they were u13s) went down and I was concerned, I'd be straight on that pitch. Do what you have to do. They're response was you will get cautioned.

The FA at every single level I have encountered them at - as a player and manager of adult football and manager of kid's football as well as a fan are the most "jobsworth" group I have ever met.

Can't believe that UEFA and Fifa are any better...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Bristol City won't kick ball out for injury on 23:11 - Aug 5 with 2216 viewsactonman

Big clock thing , most grounds have them , play stops - clock stops
90 mins is 90 mins , Preston can lay on the floor as many times as they like

Simple
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024