Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wellens charged by FA 09:24 - Aug 17 with 458 viewswessex_exile

Anyone know what this was about? The report says it was at half-time?!

https://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/wellens-charged-by-the-fa/

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Wellens charged by FA on 10:33 - Aug 17 with 441 viewsburnsieespana

I also have heard Steve Ball was also given a red card.
Wellens charged by FA on 10:58 - Aug 17 with 440 viewsdurham_exile

Wellens charged by FA on 10:33 - Aug 17 by burnsieespana

I also have heard Steve Ball was also given a red card.

The plot thickens: The Swindon advertiser reports:

"Reports post-match suggested the Town boss had been sent off at the Colchester Community Stadium alongside United assistant manager Steve Ball.
It was now been confirmed that Wellens’ charge relates to an alleged incident in the tunnel area during the half-time interval.
Following Thursday’s decision by English football’s governing body, Wellens has until Monday to respond to the charge.
The fixture, which Swindon lost 3-0, also saw Town striker Jerry Yates and Colchester full-back Cohen Bramall shown red cards by referee Charles Breakspear during the 90 minutes.
A brief statement on Town’s official website read: “The club can confirm that manager Richie Wellens has been charged with improper conduct following Tuesday’s Carabao Cup game against Colchester."

I have seen nothing concerning the appeals lodged by both clubs to the sending offs. The FA were due to rule on Friday.

I have concluded that Bramall is banned for three games.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Wellens charged by FA on 11:16 - Aug 17 with 431 viewswessex_exile

Wellens charged by FA on 10:58 - Aug 17 by durham_exile

The plot thickens: The Swindon advertiser reports:

"Reports post-match suggested the Town boss had been sent off at the Colchester Community Stadium alongside United assistant manager Steve Ball.
It was now been confirmed that Wellens’ charge relates to an alleged incident in the tunnel area during the half-time interval.
Following Thursday’s decision by English football’s governing body, Wellens has until Monday to respond to the charge.
The fixture, which Swindon lost 3-0, also saw Town striker Jerry Yates and Colchester full-back Cohen Bramall shown red cards by referee Charles Breakspear during the 90 minutes.
A brief statement on Town’s official website read: “The club can confirm that manager Richie Wellens has been charged with improper conduct following Tuesday’s Carabao Cup game against Colchester."

I have seen nothing concerning the appeals lodged by both clubs to the sending offs. The FA were due to rule on Friday.

I have concluded that Bramall is banned for three games.

UTU's

Matt's article on the game today that has just appeared on the OWS suggests they are still awaiting the outcome of the appeal, but it looks like it was written yesterday afternoon, so I suspect you're right Durham - no Bramall for 3 games.

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2019/august/cambridge-await-in-latest-home-clash/

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Wellens charged by FA on 11:28 - Aug 17 with 422 viewsthrillseeker

Something definitely happened in the tunnel at half time as we saw stewards rush in to the tunnel at half time. At no time Tuesday did we think it was player/ staff involvement but it would appear it was
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 11:30]
Wellens charged by FA on 12:01 - Aug 17 with 409 viewsdurham_exile

Wellens charged by FA on 11:28 - Aug 17 by thrillseeker

Something definitely happened in the tunnel at half time as we saw stewards rush in to the tunnel at half time. At no time Tuesday did we think it was player/ staff involvement but it would appear it was
[Post edited 17 Aug 2019 11:30]

I wonder if Joey Barton had made a suprise appearance at half time in the tunnel.

Durham_exile

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024