Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cashless 06:56 - Aug 18 with 827 viewsnoah4x4

Call me Luddite but I am not using a credit card to buy a £1-59 cuppa, nor pre-loading a plastic card to make Cowling my unlicensed banker. I simply won't spend a penny at the club now my cash is no longer legal tender.

I wonder how this is going?
Are you spending more or less?
Are there cash facilities in the away end?
Cashless on 07:09 - Aug 18 with 820 viewsLeadbelly

I avoid cashless payment wherever possible and managed to spend absolutely nothing at the ground yesterday, as will be the case in every other game I attend. I shall be at the ground later today as well and will be interested to see if cashless is the only option in the cafe on non match days.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Cashless on 08:46 - Aug 18 with 798 viewsdurham_exile

Cashless on 07:09 - Aug 18 by Leadbelly

I avoid cashless payment wherever possible and managed to spend absolutely nothing at the ground yesterday, as will be the case in every other game I attend. I shall be at the ground later today as well and will be interested to see if cashless is the only option in the cafe on non match days.

Boundary Park Oldham is also now cashless and they use a pre-loaded card or credit/debit card for payment.

Other grounds are going to follow with this initiative.

As we are already "striker less" it seems not unreasonable to go cashless!!!!

UTU's

Durham_exile

Cashless on 09:07 - Aug 18 with 793 viewsthrillseeker

I first experienced a cashless stadium in 2005 at the then new Ajax stadium.

This is nothing new just a change

Oldham & Sheffield Utd are others doing cashless

By 2021 I predict at least 40- 50% of grounds being cashless

The cash handling cost to a business has increased so it makes commercial sense.

Having a family member that was a mananger in the biggest Cash Management Centre (CMC) in the UK she has confirmed a dramatic downturn in cash transactons and due to this they are increasing their base cost which in turn is passed on to the business.

The CMC has already confirmed a 36% downturn in cash tranactions since 2015 and it is predicted by 2025 possibly only 10% (may be less) will be cash transactions

It will not only be our club but probably everywhere will be cashless very soon
Cashless on 10:57 - Aug 18 with 780 viewsDaniel

Luddite.

Spurs have also gone cashless since moving to their new stadium.

Must admit, I find it rather odd that the club have gone from one extreme to the other. It was a only a year ago that they would only accept cash in the concourses. They're paying someone to sit in a kiosk transfering cash to a card, why not just have that person operating a cash till instead - everyone's a winner.
Cashless on 15:10 - Aug 18 with 753 viewsburnsieespana

Are we talking about contactless payments around the ground?
If so all for it as get frustrated when an organisation do not offer as these days carry almost no 'cash'.
Cashless on 18:47 - Aug 18 with 720 viewswessex_exile

Cashless on 15:10 - Aug 18 by burnsieespana

Are we talking about contactless payments around the ground?
If so all for it as get frustrated when an organisation do not offer as these days carry almost no 'cash'.

I have no problem with contactless/ cashless systems anywhere, and for any amount, so it's most welcome at the Community Stadium as far as I'm concerned.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024