Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forgotten foes from Second Division 14:22 - Aug 19 with 7045 viewsNorthernr

So all that Bristol City nostalgia, and talk about how terrified we used to be of Scott Murray, got me thinking last week. Who are the players we feared playing/loathed seeing in those three years in the Second Division and then immediately forgot all about once we were promoted.

Remember we used to have real problems with Martin Bullock and ben Burgess, hated Leon Knight and Wayne Andrews.

Thinking of doing a piece for AKUTRs on it so any others greatly appreciated...
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 14:24 - Aug 19 with 3291 viewsLongsufferingR

Sam Parkin - difficulties with, not hated
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 14:25]
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 14:24 - Aug 19 with 3287 viewsBuckR

Robert Earnshaw! The ugly fecker
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 14:33 - Aug 19 with 3223 viewsNorthernr

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 14:24 - Aug 19 by LongsufferingR

Sam Parkin - difficulties with, not hated
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 14:25]

QPR fan as well. Scored against us for three, maybe four different clubs.
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 14:39 - Aug 19 with 3196 viewsslmrstid

David Friio from Plymouth! An excellent French midfielder, buried us in the title deciding game at Home Park, but not sure he ever stepped up to the Championship too well.

Keep up the good word Norf, having turned 30 in July I am finding myself wistfully turning back to QPR in my teenage years, and that 2001 - 2004 period was a very intense time for my 12-15 year old self supporting QPR. I have just logged back into my account for the first time in goodness knows how long to contribute to this thread!

In fact the whole run in of that 2003-04 season was intense. I can remember so many games from that period like it only occurred in recent years. That Easter Monday game at Barnsley! Sheesh...
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 14:40 - Aug 19 with 3192 viewsCamberleyR

Andy Rammell of Wycombe I seem to recall we always found a bit of a handful.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 14:44 - Aug 19 with 3175 viewsslmrstid

Also, although I didn't attend said game, I know full well the story and how it came into QPR legend of the time, so can I also make a nomination for the deckchair at Hartlepool who that 'Pool fan managed to get tackled by in that half time competition they had...?

Technically not a QPR foe but surely worthy of a mention...
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 14:47 - Aug 19 with 3159 viewsCamberleyR

Kerry Mayo of Brighton I remember as a horrible little gobshite. Ginger as well.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 14:51 - Aug 19 with 3132 viewsslmrstid

Last one then I must get back to work...

Forget about individuals...

Northampton-bloody-Town.

They were with us in that league in 01/02 and were rubbish, and again in 02/03 and got relegated by absolutely miles, yet we still never actually managed to beat them. 2 home defeats and 2 away draws if I remember right.

And for a teenager living in Wellingborough (about 10 miles from Northampton) that was bloomin' rubbish
Login to get fewer ads

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 14:56 - Aug 19 with 3108 viewsDannytheR

Always loathed Darius Henderson, who it felt like we played every other week in that period, and who was unfailingly irritating and dirty every time.

Followed us up into the Championship too, and is therefore not strictly eligible for this, meaning he's still fking irritating me now.
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 15:10 - Aug 19 with 3064 viewsNorthernr

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 14:39 - Aug 19 by slmrstid

David Friio from Plymouth! An excellent French midfielder, buried us in the title deciding game at Home Park, but not sure he ever stepped up to the Championship too well.

Keep up the good word Norf, having turned 30 in July I am finding myself wistfully turning back to QPR in my teenage years, and that 2001 - 2004 period was a very intense time for my 12-15 year old self supporting QPR. I have just logged back into my account for the first time in goodness knows how long to contribute to this thread!

In fact the whole run in of that 2003-04 season was intense. I can remember so many games from that period like it only occurred in recent years. That Easter Monday game at Barnsley! Sheesh...

Friio is a great shout. Forgotten all about him having considered him something of a God for three years.
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 15:15 - Aug 19 with 3049 viewsWadR

Was quite young but ones that come to mind are Nathan Ellington, David Eyres and Andy Legg with his massive long throw.
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 15:17 - Aug 19 with 3033 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I remember several Tranmere Rovers players seemed to love playing against us. In particular Jason Koumas and Stuart Barlow spring to mind.

*Edit - I was going to mention also Friio
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 15:20]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 15:26 - Aug 19 with 3000 viewsMrSheen

Martin Rowlands, until we had the good sense to buy him. Was Stephen Hunt the evil ferret in that team?
Dave Kitson.
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 15:30 - Aug 19 with 2977 viewsDannyPaddox

From that era several shift workers at a certain car plant in Ellesmere Port. The names elude me.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 15:31]
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 15:35 - Aug 19 with 2959 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Robert Earnshaw for me aswell scored a hatrick against us in I think a 4-0 tonking then taking my late Uncle home we got stuck in huge traffic.

Frank Talia always seem to do well in goal for Wycombe.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 15:49 - Aug 19 with 2898 viewsMrSheen

Whoever took free kicks for Southend. Fortunately don't remember his name.
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 16:03 - Aug 19 with 2853 viewsSnipper

Little black fella, I think his first name was Jermaine. He always played well against us.

This next one isn’t a player, but a referee. Prosser the tosser. Can’t remember his first name.
He refereed our home 4-3 game vs Wycombe. He sent two of theirs off, and we still booed him at the end.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 16:05]
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 16:07 - Aug 19 with 2829 viewsTheChef

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 16:03 - Aug 19 by Snipper

Little black fella, I think his first name was Jermaine. He always played well against us.

This next one isn’t a player, but a referee. Prosser the tosser. Can’t remember his first name.
He refereed our home 4-3 game vs Wycombe. He sent two of theirs off, and we still booed him at the end.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 16:05]

Jamal Campbell Ryce? Tore us a new one for Orient when they beat us in the League Cup at theirs (surprise).

Tresor Lua Lua doing the same for Colchester.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 16:08 - Aug 19 with 2827 viewsSnipper

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 16:07 - Aug 19 by TheChef

Jamal Campbell Ryce? Tore us a new one for Orient when they beat us in the League Cup at theirs (surprise).

Tresor Lua Lua doing the same for Colchester.

Yeah that’s him. He always played well against us.
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 16:09 - Aug 19 with 2824 viewsWatford_Ranger

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 15:49 - Aug 19 by MrSheen

Whoever took free kicks for Southend. Fortunately don't remember his name.

Eastwood?
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 16:16 - Aug 19 with 2794 viewspaulparker

Stoke
Cardiff
Bristol city

All grudge games when we went down and all of them had there fair share of aggro attached
Fcuking hated Crewe after that game so I’ll add
Dario gradi
And Ron Noades for trying to block the shittu deal
Oh and Christian Roberts and his handmade tattoos

By and large I secretly loved our time in league one

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 16:17 - Aug 19 with 2793 viewsNorthernr

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 16:16 - Aug 19 by paulparker

Stoke
Cardiff
Bristol city

All grudge games when we went down and all of them had there fair share of aggro attached
Fcuking hated Crewe after that game so I’ll add
Dario gradi
And Ron Noades for trying to block the shittu deal
Oh and Christian Roberts and his handmade tattoos

By and large I secretly loved our time in league one

No secret about it, it was a fantastic time to be a QPR fan.
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 16:18 - Aug 19 with 2784 viewssimmo

Parkin is a good shout, always stuck with me how he did well against us.

Not quite that timeframe but Jon Stead is another one that seemed to love playing us, I feel like I've seen him score against QPR every time we play a team he's in, including a pearler for Bristol City?

For Plymouth, I always remember Paul Wotton and although he came a bit later, Gary Sawyer. The latter because he came from Bideford Town where I was living around 2003, so was always talked about by the lads there.

Also used to sign *Tommy Mooney for us on that version of Championship Manager, he was always a free transfer and banged them in.

*correction
[Post edited 19 Aug 2019 16:25]

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 16:19 - Aug 19 with 2784 viewsStreathamRanger

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 14:33 - Aug 19 by Northernr

QPR fan as well. Scored against us for three, maybe four different clubs.

I went to secondary school with Sam Parkin and played in the school football team with him. He was head and shoulders above anyone in our team and anyone we played against. Could win a game single handedly. Shows how good you have to be to play at the very top considering he never really played much above league 1 level.
Forgotten foes from Second Division on 16:23 - Aug 19 with 2762 viewsMrSheen

Forgotten foes from Second Division on 16:09 - Aug 19 by Watford_Ranger

Eastwood?

My mistake, we were in the Championship then. Maher?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024