Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze, BOS, Chair 22:12 - Aug 21 with 2885 viewsHunterhoop

On a positive note, all 3 again looked very good. Eze and BOS tracked back well too in the first half. But their touch, control, quick feet, passing...they’re our best players.

When you’ve got Scowen taking 4 touches to play a 10 yard pass backwards and you look at what these lads can do with the ball, you have to find a way to play them.

I don’t think it makes us more open (they all tracked back and worked hard), but they make us a damn sight more dangerous. Put simply, everyone else in the league would rather play against Scowen than Chair.

Warburton missed a trick not bringing Chair on for Amos first half.

But these 3 lads are bloody good. Just need to find a way to let them play together.

Eze, BOS, Chair on 22:14 - Aug 21 with 2853 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Yep. All three very impressive, and HUGELY enjoyable to watch.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Eze, BOS, Chair on 22:19 - Aug 21 with 2804 viewsbosh67

Agree. BOS is a menace and has great pace, Eze is maturing and Chair is the sort of maverick we should be releasing against teams every week. He has so much potential. Warburton needs to be brave and accommodate him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eze, BOS, Chair on 22:25 - Aug 21 with 2755 viewsHunterhoop

Eze, BOS, Chair on 22:19 - Aug 21 by bosh67

Agree. BOS is a menace and has great pace, Eze is maturing and Chair is the sort of maverick we should be releasing against teams every week. He has so much potential. Warburton needs to be brave and accommodate him.

The only way, and best way, I can see is that you play the 3 of them behind the lone striker and the other two centre midfielders have to hold and protect and be very disciplined about that. I think we’d actually be better in that shake playing on the counter, and playing deeper. A 6-4 type shape. We have the talent and pace to make it work.

At the minute our approach leaves us wide open. With much better centre halves and central midfielders we may be able to get away with it. Swansea has 3 proper attacks second half and scored twice.
Eze, BOS, Chair on 22:26 - Aug 21 with 2742 viewsBrazilNutR

yeah, you know they are good, when you lose 3-1 at home and still somehow can hold on to the fact that we played some nice stuff, of course we still lost, but it softens the blow when you see those 3.
Eze, BOS, Chair on 22:58 - Aug 21 with 2601 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Yes a very encouraging start to the season by all 3. If we can bring some solidity at the back then these 3 will have more license to go forward and goals will come.
Eze, BOS, Chair on 23:08 - Aug 21 with 2555 viewsHantsR

Just back and I agree, all three mentioned were very good - I would also add Manning to the list of players worthy of a bit of praise this evening.

Eze was very very good actually and deserved better
Eze, BOS, Chair on 23:14 - Aug 21 with 2528 viewsbaz_qpr

I thought Chair and Pugh changed the game when they came on, Chair for me has to start at 10.

The key is going to be who plays at 8 I thought Smith was a fish out of water at 10 and Amos was Ok until the injury but the problem first half was that 8 and 10 was not working in the system and Swansea could dominate the centre mid area 2nd half when we went 4-1-4-1 we dominated but it left us open
Eze, BOS, Chair on 23:25 - Aug 21 with 2481 viewsDejR_vu

All three were superb.

Scowen was a wasted substitution. Chair should have come on for Amos and then we would still have had the option to get Wells on later on.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Eze, BOS, Chair on 23:25 - Aug 21 with 2476 viewsridethewave

I’m just gonna point out that, for all the runs and cut backs etc you get from BOS, there’s almost zero end product. He did look good tonight, but he really needs to start posing more of a goal threat and delivering more balls.

Thought Eze looked great and Chair for me absolutely has to start, he looks so exciting and sure enough, nearly all our chances in the second half came through him.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 23:28]
Eze, BOS, Chair on 23:26 - Aug 21 with 2473 viewsWadR

Eze, BOS, Chair on 23:14 - Aug 21 by baz_qpr

I thought Chair and Pugh changed the game when they came on, Chair for me has to start at 10.

The key is going to be who plays at 8 I thought Smith was a fish out of water at 10 and Amos was Ok until the injury but the problem first half was that 8 and 10 was not working in the system and Swansea could dominate the centre mid area 2nd half when we went 4-1-4-1 we dominated but it left us open

Getting the shape and personnel of that midfield 3 right is the key imo. Hasn't looked quite right in any of the league games this season - not getting around Hugill enough while not covering the defence particularly effectively either.

Agree Chair has to start at 10, preferably with 2 holding rather than the 1 holding that there seems to have been in the last 2 league games.

Eze was excellent tonight. Defended really well in the first half, was almost faultless in possession and generally worked uber hard and intelligently. A delight to watch even on an ultimately disappointing night.

Bright I'm still left a little frustrated by. I know it's a lazy, and often inaccurate, criticism of wingers but he genuinely is so wasteful with his final ball. Tonight was also his 3rd yellow of the season already for a petulant retaliatory foul, he needs to really work on that side of his game too.
Eze, BOS, Chair on 23:31 - Aug 21 with 2431 viewsDannytheR

All three of them were great and the only reason you can come away from getting turned over 3-1 at LR with half a smile still on your face.

Watching Eze drift past experienced Championship defenders like they're schoolkids is a joy (and as the OP says, he probably cleared as many Swansea balls as any player behind him) and Chair has something very special about him. Imaginative, cheeky, never gives up. And BOS gave me genuine Impey flashbacks tonight.

And whether it's down to Warburton or their own hard work/ intelligence (or both), you can see all three of them are really improving their final ball and judgement in the final third.

There will be games this season where the three of them run absolute riot - you just hope there will be enough of them to rack up the points, because they're carrying a lot of responsibility given the flaws in the team elsewhere.

Thought Hugill played better tonight too as well and seemed to be getting on the same wavelength as the kids. Again, that's going to be useful.
Eze, BOS, Chair on 23:31 - Aug 21 with 2431 viewsNed_Kennedys

Eze, BOS, Chair on 23:25 - Aug 21 by ridethewave

I’m just gonna point out that, for all the runs and cut backs etc you get from BOS, there’s almost zero end product. He did look good tonight, but he really needs to start posing more of a goal threat and delivering more balls.

Thought Eze looked great and Chair for me absolutely has to start, he looks so exciting and sure enough, nearly all our chances in the second half came through him.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 23:28]

That's the problem with him: he really needs to create more than he does as he gets himself into great positions regularly. Personally I thought he was poor tonight, stupid booking as well. Eze and Chair was great: the latter should be starting every week IMO.
Eze, BOS, Chair on 23:35 - Aug 21 with 2376 viewsNW5Hoop

Was slightly concerned with BOS when the Fastest Man in West London could only tie a race to the ball from the same starting point with … Bidwell.
Eze, BOS, Chair on 23:37 - Aug 21 with 2358 viewsMatch82

This is the first game I've seen in person for years. Gives you a different perspective for sure.

I'm a huge fan of Eze and I think he was great going forward. But I thought the defensive side of his game needs some real work. It's absolutely not laziness, he works hard and tracks back well, but the nous just isn't there yet. Few times he let the man he was marking float around and just a little out of position a few times made the difference between them getting in behind us or passing it backwards. I'm not particularly worried, he's young and that's something which can easily be worked on.

Bright, I think the end product will come. Right now he must terrify opposition defences and that's a great thing. Didn't like the petulant tackle towards the end when he didn't get a foul (see also: Hugill, Jordan)

Chair I thought was fantastic when he came on. Has to be pushing for a start.

At home I'd play all three of them. At least you know the crowd is going away entertained.
Eze, BOS, Chair on 23:50 - Aug 21 with 2315 viewsqprd

Eze, BOS, Chair on 23:37 - Aug 21 by Match82

This is the first game I've seen in person for years. Gives you a different perspective for sure.

I'm a huge fan of Eze and I think he was great going forward. But I thought the defensive side of his game needs some real work. It's absolutely not laziness, he works hard and tracks back well, but the nous just isn't there yet. Few times he let the man he was marking float around and just a little out of position a few times made the difference between them getting in behind us or passing it backwards. I'm not particularly worried, he's young and that's something which can easily be worked on.

Bright, I think the end product will come. Right now he must terrify opposition defences and that's a great thing. Didn't like the petulant tackle towards the end when he didn't get a foul (see also: Hugill, Jordan)

Chair I thought was fantastic when he came on. Has to be pushing for a start.

At home I'd play all three of them. At least you know the crowd is going away entertained.

Mate, I could not disagree more on Eze.

Last year, fair enough. The defensive side of his game was lacking. The criticism from fans was over-the-top, particularly for a young player, but there was some truth to it.

You cannot criticise Eze's defensive performance today. Not in the slightest. He closed down, he won possession multiple times. His defensive performance combined work rate and intelligence. He wasnt running around like a headless chicken or making rash challenges. There were so many times he just got in front of the attacking player and forced the opposition into a backwards.

Eze played as a left winger (who swapped to the right wing at the end of the first half) and then kind of floated in the second half. Who is he supposed to mark as a left winger? The opposition right back? really??

He was all over the ball, skipping past defenders, taking challenges, drawing fouls. Do you really expect, or want, him to mark an attacking player? i'd rather he preserve his scarce energy to do the magical things that only he was able to do on the pitch today, and leave the dirty work to Scowen and Cameron.

Can we just focus on the incredible strides he's made rather than focus on phantom "weaknesses"
Eze, BOS, Chair on 23:57 - Aug 21 with 2282 viewsDejR_vu

Eze, BOS, Chair on 23:50 - Aug 21 by qprd

Last year, fair enough. The defensive side of his game was lacking. The criticism from fans was over-the-top, particularly for a young player, but there was some truth to it.

You cannot criticise Eze's defensive performance today. Not in the slightest. He closed down, he won possession multiple times. His defensive performance combined work rate and intelligence. He wasnt running around like a headless chicken or making rash challenges. There were so many times he just got in front of the attacking player and forced the opposition into a backwards.

Eze played as a left winger (who swapped to the right wing at the end of the first half) and then kind of floated in the second half. Who is he supposed to mark as a left winger? The opposition right back? really??

He was all over the ball, skipping past defenders, taking challenges, drawing fouls. Do you really expect, or want, him to mark an attacking player? i'd rather he preserve his scarce energy to do the magical things that only he was able to do on the pitch today, and leave the dirty work to Scowen and Cameron.

Can we just focus on the incredible strides he's made rather than focus on phantom "weaknesses"

100%. Best overall performance i’ve seen from him. If that’s his new level he looks a far better player than last year. I thought he was superb.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Eze, BOS, Chair on 07:28 - Aug 22 with 2054 viewsMatch82

I thought that my post was fairly reflective of the fact that he had a good game, it's important that we keep him in the team and that I thought it's an aspect of his game that would improve given coaching and game time?

I even stated he worked hard and I was very encouraged he won the ball back a couple of times.

I'm also aligned that people spend far too much time criticizing the lad when it really isn't warranted. Let's not let the backlash against that turn into something where we aren't allowed to comment on potential weaknesses in someone's game though. He's young, of course he has weaknesses, and that's perfectly ok.

I was in R block, so when he was defending down the left in the first half he was right in front of me, and it's the first time I've watched him live. I was just surprised at some of that stuff, which you can rarely pick up on from a TV screen.
Eze, BOS, Chair on 07:39 - Aug 22 with 2017 viewsYorkRanger

Agreed, they all played well and did their job defensively as well as in attack.

It is a bit worrying how open we were at times. Warburton needs to look at this as something isn't quite right with the formation.
Eze, BOS, Chair on 08:22 - Aug 22 with 1955 viewsRblockPrior

All three absolutely brilliant and a joy to watch.

Special mention also has to go to Kane and Pugh. I also thought Hugill did well. Those 6 were superb and didn't deserve to be on the losing team

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Eze, BOS, Chair on 10:12 - Aug 22 with 1835 viewsRBlock

Absolutely this. At one point in the first half he tracked back into his own penalty box and nipped in to head away a cross that was about to drop to their free attacker that looked a certain goal. Later in the half he did it again, busting a gut to get back in our box and intercept the ball. Fantastic defensively last night.
Eze, BOS, Chair on 10:47 - Aug 22 with 1793 viewsdaveB

I thought Scowen on for Amos was a mistake and should have been Chair, that left our hands ties second half as we couldn't get Wells on as well.

Eze had his best game for us last night, he tracked back worked hard and on the ball he was really good.

Chair did well again but really should have scored one of the 2 chances Pugh laid on for him, I know the second was handball but can't waste chances like that

It's a tough one getting Bright/Eze and Chair in the same side as I'd like to see Pugh start as well, nice problem to have really
Eze, BOS, Chair on 10:51 - Aug 22 with 1779 viewssimmo

Eze, BOS, Chair on 10:47 - Aug 22 by daveB

I thought Scowen on for Amos was a mistake and should have been Chair, that left our hands ties second half as we couldn't get Wells on as well.

Eze had his best game for us last night, he tracked back worked hard and on the ball he was really good.

Chair did well again but really should have scored one of the 2 chances Pugh laid on for him, I know the second was handball but can't waste chances like that

It's a tough one getting Bright/Eze and Chair in the same side as I'd like to see Pugh start as well, nice problem to have really

This and the first part about the wrong sub is spot on. It meant we had to use 2 to get the right players on and didn't have options after 55mins.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Eze, BOS, Chair on 22:38 - Aug 22 with 1538 viewsWren67

That. Just want to keep watching him.
Eze, BOS, Chair on 15:19 - Aug 23 with 1280 viewsterryb

Eze won the ball in our own penalty area quite a few times. That was the best defensively I've seen from him & IMO he nearly scored a 10 for his performance!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024