Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
And so it begins 22:59 - Aug 21 with 5438 viewsLblock

At the game behind me tonight such nuggets as

“We are sh1t, can’t play football and it’s worse than last year”

“Matt Smith is the worst player I’ve ever seen”

“Warburton is clueless”

Then on here it’s rumblings of the old tune; Rip It Up and Start Again
I will say Amos hasn’t impressed me, Smith less so and the Barbet / Hall axis at the back looks as strong and reliable as a drag queen chorus line.

Going forward I think we’ll do fine and it’s a good watch but we do loo a tad brittle
I can’t resist it..... I have to join in....

“Wigan is a must win”
[Post edited 21 Aug 2019 23:00]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

And so it begins on 23:16 - Aug 21 with 4218 viewsWadR

Agreed. Smith had a poor game but he's 19 and it's his second game ever at this level, certainly doesn't justify the hyperbole I heard at the game and seen on twitter. Heard similar things re:Amos v Huddersfield.

Last season we had 0 points after 4 games and looked atrocious. Despite that we were never really in danger of getting relegated and even had a fleeting flirtation with the top half.

Yes results are important but at this stage I'm more concerned by performances and, even in the last 2 defeats, there's plenty to suggest there's the makings of a good team.
And so it begins on 23:24 - Aug 21 with 4174 viewsqueensparker

Every since my very earliest
games where I heard poor old Mike Fillery and Tony Sealy get it in the neck week in week out someone always has to have a target.

Early favourites:

Barbet (Evens) - Pansy, can’t defend, Brentford c–t
Amos - (2-1) Shit hair, Spurs c–t, get involved
Smith (4-1) - Get stuck in, get Chair on,
Hugill (10-1) - F-cking close him down, get in there, shoot you tw-t
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 1:27]
And so it begins on 23:40 - Aug 21 with 4085 viewsMatch82

And so it begins on 23:16 - Aug 21 by WadR

Agreed. Smith had a poor game but he's 19 and it's his second game ever at this level, certainly doesn't justify the hyperbole I heard at the game and seen on twitter. Heard similar things re:Amos v Huddersfield.

Last season we had 0 points after 4 games and looked atrocious. Despite that we were never really in danger of getting relegated and even had a fleeting flirtation with the top half.

Yes results are important but at this stage I'm more concerned by performances and, even in the last 2 defeats, there's plenty to suggest there's the makings of a good team.

Thought Smith actually started brightly. There was one period in the first half where he linked together three of our attacking moves with a single touch in the space of about 3 minutes. Seemed to read the game on a different level. But he faded quickly and bottled a couple of challenges, he'll have to do more than that going forward.
And so it begins on 23:41 - Aug 21 with 4073 viewsMatch82

As for the crowd. My personal favourite was the bloke yelling at Lumley to "launch it forward you cnt". On about 35 minutes. When we only had two of our players over the halfway line and they had six men back already.
And so it begins on 23:50 - Aug 21 with 4020 viewsWadR

And so it begins on 23:40 - Aug 21 by Match82

Thought Smith actually started brightly. There was one period in the first half where he linked together three of our attacking moves with a single touch in the space of about 3 minutes. Seemed to read the game on a different level. But he faded quickly and bottled a couple of challenges, he'll have to do more than that going forward.

Do agree. Clearly a classy player, some very deft touches early on. Just a very basic error for their first and then after that everything seemed to go wrong for him and was trying to hard to rectify it.

Hope the crowd gives him time and doesn't write him off.
And so it begins on 00:40 - Aug 22 with 3897 viewsoldmisery

And so it begins on 23:50 - Aug 21 by WadR

Do agree. Clearly a classy player, some very deft touches early on. Just a very basic error for their first and then after that everything seemed to go wrong for him and was trying to hard to rectify it.

Hope the crowd gives him time and doesn't write him off.

From the four games I've seen, it strikes me that Smith and Amos are very similar in style. Both are neat, technically proficient players who pass the ball well and find space to receive the ball from their colleagues but lack the physicality needed for the Championship. They remind me of latter day Little Tom Carroll's.
I'm not sure that we can really afford to play both of them in the same team otherwise we run the risk of being bullied by much bigger, stronger teams than Swansea.
And so it begins on 00:58 - Aug 22 with 3854 viewsrobith

Could be worse, guy in front of me spent the whole game shouted "Rangel, you're shIT"
And so it begins on 01:06 - Aug 22 with 3846 viewsPeterHucker

And so it begins on 23:24 - Aug 21 by queensparker

games where I heard poor old Mike Fillery and Tony Sealy get it in the neck week in week out someone always has to have a target.

Early favourites:

You must've started going to Rangers arrive the same time as me.
I was only a kid but can any of the older fans on here explain why Fillery used to get such a lot of grief. Yes I know he was ex Chelsea but it wasn't just that was it?
I thought he was pretty good.
Used to go to Portsmouth quite a bit as well in the 80s and they didn't like Fillery when he played for them either.
Login to get fewer ads

And so it begins on 01:54 - Aug 22 with 3803 viewsVancouverHoop

And so it begins on 00:40 - Aug 22 by oldmisery

From the four games I've seen, it strikes me that Smith and Amos are very similar in style. Both are neat, technically proficient players who pass the ball well and find space to receive the ball from their colleagues but lack the physicality needed for the Championship. They remind me of latter day Little Tom Carroll's.
I'm not sure that we can really afford to play both of them in the same team otherwise we run the risk of being bullied by much bigger, stronger teams than Swansea.

Agreed. Chair is surely ready for one of the CM places, and maybe leave Pugh in the other until Amos or Smith gain a bit more confidence.
And so it begins on 02:12 - Aug 22 with 3788 viewsPommyhoop

Dunno about Wigan Dave.
But WBA is a 'must-win"

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

And so it begins on 03:30 - Aug 22 with 3741 viewssmegma

And so it begins on 00:58 - Aug 22 by robith

Could be worse, guy in front of me spent the whole game shouted "Rangel, you're shIT"

That's probably why Angel was sat in the directors box all game !!
And so it begins on 07:00 - Aug 22 with 3572 viewsdistortR

And so it begins on 01:06 - Aug 22 by PeterHucker

You must've started going to Rangers arrive the same time as me.
I was only a kid but can any of the older fans on here explain why Fillery used to get such a lot of grief. Yes I know he was ex Chelsea but it wasn't just that was it?
I thought he was pretty good.
Used to go to Portsmouth quite a bit as well in the 80s and they didn't like Fillery when he played for them either.

micky fillery? have another g and 'kin t you fat caant!!
And so it begins on 07:43 - Aug 22 with 3454 viewsYorkRanger

Like all clubs we have some fairly intolerant and uninformed fans. I never have and never will understand why anyone would heckle our own players, what can that achieve.

In terms of Smith he is clearly well thought of, but is a young lad developing his game. I do think the club has to take some responsibility for the raising of expectations when they hype up new signings.
And so it begins on 08:13 - Aug 22 with 3374 viewsbaz_qpr

Smith was just a fish out of water in the position he played and as such most passes were backwards or sideways but I guess his job there is to lead the press
And so it begins on 08:14 - Aug 22 with 3366 viewscaliforniahoop

Amos and Smith are to similar, Chair to start for one of them, Barbet has made a few mistakes but the pairing with Hall has huge potential, I don’t know how but we have to find a way of getting Wells into the starting line up, we haven’t got enough goals in the team st present.

All of that said, really happy with the progress being made, MW and the lads needs another’s 10 odd games to bed in and learn each other’s games, 4 odd friendlies and 4 competitive games isn’t enough, for the first time last night, I saw a bit of panic on it he ball, give them time folks.
And so it begins on 08:25 - Aug 22 with 3330 viewsPommyhoop

And so it begins on 23:24 - Aug 21 by queensparker

Early favourites:

My earliest memory of the Rangers disease was this cockney duo who sat next to me and the old man...They looked and sounded like something out of minder.The bigger one called evryone of our players a c@nt at least once every game and the little one always agreed with him ala Phil Neal and Graham whatsisname? Turnip you know Turnip head.
Anyway, everyone had to burst out laughing when he didn't like one of Phil Parkes' kick outs and called him a 'long c@nt'

And so it begins on 08:55 - Aug 22 with 3246 viewsstevec

And so it begins on 00:40 - Aug 22 by oldmisery

That’s how I see it.

One thing that bothers me is what goes on at coaching level at the big clubs, I’m sort of seeing why so few youngsters elevate to their first teams.

Like something from the Stepford Wives, they all play the same way, no risk taking, very little carrying of the ball and seriously flustered by the prospect of being challenged.

They could do themselves a favour and check out Eze, Chair and BOS who are willing to take risks, run at players. Not blaming them, it’s their coaching system, but quite how we remain competitive whilst they get up to speed is worrying.
And so it begins on 09:01 - Aug 22 with 3219 viewsDesertBoot

Indeed it does...."Smith is S***!", "Eze you lazy b******"". "Hugil you're useless"....oh boy

Wish I could be like David Watts

And so it begins on 09:45 - Aug 22 with 3092 viewsswisscottage

Personally I don't think Smith is ready for this level of football. I was not impressed on Saturday and even less so yesterday.

He might have shown the odd good touch, but far too often play passed him by, and he showed a complete lack of awareness playing with his back to goal. The contrast between him and Chair/Eze/Pugh when playing in that position is stark. Whereas Eze/Chair/Pugh can take the ball facing away from goal, turn, and direct play forward, Smith seemed incapable of doing that. And he's a complete failure at the ratting side of the game that Scowen was being used for. It might be his best position is deeper in midfield where the play is in front of him.

He's 19, and deserves time and encouragement, but at the end of the day if he's keeping Chair or Pugh out of the side, just because we have to contractually play him, then things are going to turn ugly against him fairly quickly.

Far worse though was Hugill. He seemed incapable of trapping a ball, on the very rare occasion he didn't let the Swansea defender get there first despite having two yards on him. Even Matt Smith wasn't as flat footed as him. He started brightly against stoke and Huddersfield, and I though we had a good one, but in the last two games his overall impact on play has been poor. I know he scored the goal yesterday but other than that he was absolutely appalling.
And so it begins on 10:00 - Aug 22 with 3050 viewsPommyhoop

And so it begins on 08:55 - Aug 22 by stevec

That’s how I see it.

One thing that bothers me is what goes on at coaching level at the big clubs, I’m sort of seeing why so few youngsters elevate to their first teams.

Like something from the Stepford Wives, they all play the same way, no risk taking, very little carrying of the ball and seriously flustered by the prospect of being challenged.

They could do themselves a favour and check out Eze, Chair and BOS who are willing to take risks, run at players. Not blaming them, it’s their coaching system, but quite how we remain competitive whilst they get up to speed is worrying.

They could do themselves a favour and check out Eze, Chair and BOS who are willing to take risks, run at players.

And so it begins on 10:02 - Aug 22 with 3033 viewsAntti_Heinola

And so it begins on 09:45 - Aug 22 by swisscottage

Personally I don't think Smith is ready for this level of football. I was not impressed on Saturday and even less so yesterday.

He might have shown the odd good touch, but far too often play passed him by, and he showed a complete lack of awareness playing with his back to goal. The contrast between him and Chair/Eze/Pugh when playing in that position is stark. Whereas Eze/Chair/Pugh can take the ball facing away from goal, turn, and direct play forward, Smith seemed incapable of doing that. And he's a complete failure at the ratting side of the game that Scowen was being used for. It might be his best position is deeper in midfield where the play is in front of him.

He's 19, and deserves time and encouragement, but at the end of the day if he's keeping Chair or Pugh out of the side, just because we have to contractually play him, then things are going to turn ugly against him fairly quickly.

Far worse though was Hugill. He seemed incapable of trapping a ball, on the very rare occasion he didn't let the Swansea defender get there first despite having two yards on him. Even Matt Smith wasn't as flat footed as him. He started brightly against stoke and Huddersfield, and I though we had a good one, but in the last two games his overall impact on play has been poor. I know he scored the goal yesterday but other than that he was absolutely appalling.

i thought Hugill played well. Tough job up there. Tremendous volley he was unlucky not to score from, great goal, and yes, some misplaced passes, but overall I thought he was good.

As for the others, we mst stop writing players off so quickly. Absolutely Smith and Amos look a bit behind Chair and Eze, but that really is the result of the academy system and them not playing mens football - they may well be worth the investment if we manage them carefully. Both look decent players to me, although 100% agree Chair deserves tp start at this moment.

Depressing we're already seeing comments like 'Scowen should never be allowed near the club again' as if he violated Jude in front of some kids or something, rather than just not being as good on the ball as Eze. God I love our fans.

Bare bones.

And so it begins on 10:08 - Aug 22 with 3005 viewssimmo

Amos and Smith have a lot of potential and as Warburton says, show good examples to our youngsters of how the more elite young pro's handle themselves, train etc that allow them to be part of premier league squads.

But I do find the preference for them over a couple of our own lads a bit puzzling, playing them both at the same time seems not to work as Smith especially can keep things ticking but not the best out of possession and won't break the lines going forward. Was directly culpable for their first goal too.

Not that I want Amos injured in any way, but if his hamstring strain means one of Pugh or Chair gets a start Saturday instead of Smith/Amos starting together, I think that might be a good thing...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

And so it begins on 10:12 - Aug 22 with 2976 viewsstevec

And so it begins on 10:02 - Aug 22 by Antti_Heinola

i thought Hugill played well. Tough job up there. Tremendous volley he was unlucky not to score from, great goal, and yes, some misplaced passes, but overall I thought he was good.

As for the others, we mst stop writing players off so quickly. Absolutely Smith and Amos look a bit behind Chair and Eze, but that really is the result of the academy system and them not playing mens football - they may well be worth the investment if we manage them carefully. Both look decent players to me, although 100% agree Chair deserves tp start at this moment.

Depressing we're already seeing comments like 'Scowen should never be allowed near the club again' as if he violated Jude in front of some kids or something, rather than just not being as good on the ball as Eze. God I love our fans.

'as if he'd violated Jude in front of the kids' haha, that made me laugh.

Funnily enough, I was watching Jude at half time, prancing around like a mascot version of Stanley Bowles. Like in a world of his own these days, absolutely owns the place.

Warburton would have done well to end his half time team talk, march Smith and Barbet out on the pitch and say 'you two, watch and learn, that is fckin QPR'.
And so it begins on 11:05 - Aug 22 with 2885 viewsbosh67

Just a word to those already jumping all over 2 defeats.

We are not going up. We were never going up. We need to stay up.

Totally new way of playing and totally new management and team.

Apart from the ocean between our 2 CBs and one of them tackling shins rather than a football we have the nucleus to be a pretty good, entertaining mid table team.

Give them TIME!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

And so it begins on 11:45 - Aug 22 with 2784 viewsClive_Anderson

We've got no money and somehow got a decent manager that is happy to work with the restrictions.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024