Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Work 'til you're 75 19:11 - Aug 22 with 9425 viewscolinallcars

Suggested by a right wing think-tank the other day. I thought someone on here might have commented, so I've put it up. Depends on the sort of job. If heavy labouring it'd be work 'til you drop. Then there's the effect it would have on employment prospects for younger workers. Me, I wouldn't mind a few extra years, dunno about 75 though !

Work 'til you're 75 on 19:23 - Aug 22 with 4061 viewssmegma

I will be retiring on my 60th in 2023.
Work 'til you're 75 on 19:53 - Aug 22 with 4008 viewspaulparker

Fcuk that aiming to be out of the rat race in 10 years and retire in the sun

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Work 'til you're 75 on 20:02 - Aug 22 with 3982 viewsJigsore

i'll die before i retire. hope you all get rotten sunburn from your Spanish resort

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:06 - Aug 22 with 3970 viewsloftboy

There’s no way I can do my job until then, carrying peoples shopping up stairs in flats with no lifts, they’re taking the piss, I’ve paid NI since I was 16 and 1 month, how much more do they want me to pay?
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 20:08]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Work 'til you're 75 on 20:40 - Aug 22 with 3898 viewsstowmarketrange

We have a hgv driver at our place who still drives full time 62 1/2 hours a week on nights and he is 84.Although in good light he can pass for 83.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 20:40]
Work 'til you're 75 on 20:56 - Aug 22 with 3873 viewsCiderwithRsie

Work 'til you're 75 on 19:53 - Aug 22 by paulparker

Workaholic.

The true hedonist is retired before 35 having had a month off every Christmas for the previous five years.
Work 'til you're 75 on 02:56 - Aug 23 with 3645 viewsBoston

I work in construction, tried but disliked the non manual part of the job. Regardless of the number of employees or type of project I’m usually on the front line, It’s where I’m comfortable.
It’s been an honour and a privilege to work alongside the gents in my line of work and I don’t look forward to the day I can’t hack it. My father banged it out until cancer retired him at 73, I hope, as physically fit and good on the tools that I’ll outdo him. It’s been a fcuking great life.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Work 'til you're 75 on 03:57 - Aug 23 with 3630 viewsFredManRave

Work 'til you're 75 on 02:56 - Aug 23 by Boston

I work in construction, tried but disliked the non manual part of the job. Regardless of the number of employees or type of project I’m usually on the front line, It’s where I’m comfortable.
It’s been an honour and a privilege to work alongside the gents in my line of work and I don’t look forward to the day I can’t hack it. My father banged it out until cancer retired him at 73, I hope, as physically fit and good on the tools that I’ll outdo him. It’s been a fcuking great life.

Congrats Boston. You're very lucky to be able to say that. Although I'm sure it wasn't all luck and you put a bit of graft in as well.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Work 'til you're 75 on 04:25 - Aug 23 with 3622 viewssmegma

Work 'til you're 75 on 20:40 - Aug 22 by stowmarketrange

We have a hgv driver at our place who still drives full time 62 1/2 hours a week on nights and he is 84.Although in good light he can pass for 83.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2019 20:40]

SIXTY TWO HOURS ??
Work 'til you're 75 on 06:19 - Aug 23 with 3559 viewsjohnhoop

Work 'til you're 75 on 20:56 - Aug 22 by CiderwithRsie

Workaholic.

The true hedonist is retired before 35 having had a month off every Christmas for the previous five years.

Joel Lynch?
Work 'til you're 75 on 07:39 - Aug 23 with 3486 viewsstowmarketrange

Work 'til you're 75 on 04:25 - Aug 23 by smegma

SIXTY TWO HOURS ??

That’s what they pay us for 5x 12 1/2 hour shifts.I’m lucky that I only do 4 on and 4 off,or 50 hours a week.
The road haulage industry is still living in the Victorian era by paying peanuts and ensuring you have to work as many hours as they need you to.
Put that together with many drivers having to sleep in their trucks all week to make a living wage and be away from home all week,and it all makes for a lot of unhappy drivers,who can’t wait to give it up as soon as they can.Including yours truly.

And they wonder why there is a shortage of drivers?
Work 'til you're 75 on 08:43 - Aug 23 with 3404 viewsaston_hoop

I moved to Spain when I was 27 so I could live like I'm retired every weekend. Can't be bothered to wait

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Work 'til you're 75 on 09:47 - Aug 23 with 3332 viewsjonno

Yes, this is that idiot Ian Duncan Smith's idea. The ludicrous reason being put forward is they want to "help older people continue working"! What they really mean is they want to force people to continue to work until they are 75 by preventing them from getting their state pension until that age. Because you cannot be forced to retire now (unless for health reasons) I believe so there is nothing stopping you from continuing to work beyond state pension age except that now you can get your state pension as well as work. The whole idea is a scam to save the government paying out money in pensions in the same way that they stitched up women born in the 1950s by delaying paying them the pensions they were promised. The excuse given for that was that it was a "demographic time bomb" which the "country could not afford". In fact, as the DWP recently admitted, in reality what happened was that the government paid off a chunk of the national debt with money from the NI fund - which is not what NI payments are for.
In terms of moving abroad, I can recommend Cyprus. One of the reasons I chose Cyprus over places such as Spain is that virtually everybody here speaks English and the legal system is based on the British one (most of the lawyers etc. train in the UK), principally because Cyprus used to be a British colony. Other advantages are that you can choose to have your pension income taxed at 5% in Cyprus which, depending on your pension, can be a big saving. In terms of healthcare, Cyprus is in the process of introducing an NHS system which will be free to British ex-pats who are in receipt of the UK state pension. The hospitals here are very good, probably better than the UK. Obviously, moving (or even just retiring) abroad is a big step. If anybody wants further info just PM me, happy to provide it.
Work 'til you're 75 on 09:57 - Aug 23 with 3313 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Work 'til you're 75 on 19:53 - Aug 22 by paulparker

Your kids might be in a pickle though!
Work 'til you're 75 on 11:02 - Aug 23 with 3262 viewsRs_Holy

Work 'til you're 75 on 09:47 - Aug 23 by jonno

Yes, this is that idiot Ian Duncan Smith's idea. The ludicrous reason being put forward is they want to "help older people continue working"! What they really mean is they want to force people to continue to work until they are 75 by preventing them from getting their state pension until that age. Because you cannot be forced to retire now (unless for health reasons) I believe so there is nothing stopping you from continuing to work beyond state pension age except that now you can get your state pension as well as work. The whole idea is a scam to save the government paying out money in pensions in the same way that they stitched up women born in the 1950s by delaying paying them the pensions they were promised. The excuse given for that was that it was a "demographic time bomb" which the "country could not afford". In fact, as the DWP recently admitted, in reality what happened was that the government paid off a chunk of the national debt with money from the NI fund - which is not what NI payments are for.
In terms of moving abroad, I can recommend Cyprus. One of the reasons I chose Cyprus over places such as Spain is that virtually everybody here speaks English and the legal system is based on the British one (most of the lawyers etc. train in the UK), principally because Cyprus used to be a British colony. Other advantages are that you can choose to have your pension income taxed at 5% in Cyprus which, depending on your pension, can be a big saving. In terms of healthcare, Cyprus is in the process of introducing an NHS system which will be free to British ex-pats who are in receipt of the UK state pension. The hospitals here are very good, probably better than the UK. Obviously, moving (or even just retiring) abroad is a big step. If anybody wants further info just PM me, happy to provide it.

sounds great! What are property prices like?
Work 'til you're 75 on 11:51 - Aug 23 with 3201 viewsjonno

Work 'til you're 75 on 11:02 - Aug 23 by Rs_Holy

sounds great! What are property prices like?

A lot cheaper than most places in England - having dipped over the last few years they have just started rising but you can get a detached 3 bed house in Paphos for 250k/300k, a bit more if you want to be right by the sea.
Work 'til you're 75 on 11:54 - Aug 23 with 3190 viewsClive_Anderson

People are living longer so they can't afford to pay the pension for much longer than was originally intended.

Are they going to rinse the young with more tax after screwing them on housing costs and everything else? Or actually have the older people take a hit too.
Work 'til you're 75 on 11:58 - Aug 23 with 3184 viewsjonno

Work 'til you're 75 on 11:54 - Aug 23 by Clive_Anderson

People are living longer so they can't afford to pay the pension for much longer than was originally intended.

Are they going to rinse the young with more tax after screwing them on housing costs and everything else? Or actually have the older people take a hit too.

That's the guff the government would have you believe. They could easily afford to pay the pensions if they did not waste billions in other areas.
Work 'til you're 75 on 12:05 - Aug 23 with 3171 viewsGloucs_R

Oh look, another political thread to divide us....🙄

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Work 'til you're 75 on 12:05 - Aug 23 with 3170 viewsClive_Anderson

Work 'til you're 75 on 11:58 - Aug 23 by jonno

That's the guff the government would have you believe. They could easily afford to pay the pensions if they did not waste billions in other areas.

It's currently 12 per cent of total public spending. They could increase it massively while making cuts to other areas I guess.

But taxing young people who are already doing badly to pay more to the richer boomers might not be entirely fair.
Work 'til you're 75 on 12:15 - Aug 23 with 3135 viewsloftboy

Work 'til you're 75 on 12:05 - Aug 23 by Clive_Anderson

It's currently 12 per cent of total public spending. They could increase it massively while making cuts to other areas I guess.

But taxing young people who are already doing badly to pay more to the richer boomers might not be entirely fair.

Most of today’s kids don’t start work until they are at least 20, most of us oldies even if the age stays at 67 have contributed for longer.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Work 'til you're 75 on 12:15 - Aug 23 with 3135 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

A totally unrelated article.

https://www.taxjustice.net/topics/more/estimates-of-tax-avoidance-and-evasion/
Work 'til you're 75 on 12:17 - Aug 23 with 3130 viewsMick_S

Work 'til you're 75 on 11:51 - Aug 23 by jonno

A lot cheaper than most places in England - having dipped over the last few years they have just started rising but you can get a detached 3 bed house in Paphos for 250k/300k, a bit more if you want to be right by the sea.

Is that "ghost" ship still there? Silly question really, it's got to be.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Work 'til you're 75 on 12:20 - Aug 23 with 3121 viewsClive_Anderson

Work 'til you're 75 on 12:15 - Aug 23 by loftboy

Most of today’s kids don’t start work until they are at least 20, most of us oldies even if the age stays at 67 have contributed for longer.

I'm not sure that's true. A lot of women never used to work once they got married and had kids whereas most do now.

My missus' gran has never worked and has been claiming and window's pension for over 50 years (100 next month). Her aunt retired at 50 on a giant pension from being a headmistress for one year for over 25 years so far.

This is all unsustainable.
Work 'til you're 75 on 12:30 - Aug 23 with 3094 viewsTacticalR

I think we're going to have to eliminate Clive_Anderson's unsustainable relatives for the public good.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024