Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cowleys Imps become Terriers 20:10 - Sep 10 with 660 viewsdurham_exile

But have they made the same mistake Nathan Jones did when he left Luton Town for Stoke City.

A successful lower league team perhaps overachieving but to move to a Championship club seemingly in free fall does not represent either exercising sound judgement or a sensible and positive move.

Huddersfield have parachute payments and a decent 27,000 all seater stadium but are a poor football team struggling for form and short on confidence.

This will be the Cowleys greatest challenge and having turned Huddersfield down three times recently it is all the more surprising.

Could we yet be playing the Terriers in league one next season. Don't bet against it.

Up the U's
[Post edited 10 Sep 2019 23:35]

Durham_exile

Cowleys Imps become Terriers on 06:23 - Sep 11 with 599 viewsbwildered

If you were presently a football manager with a decent CV and unemployed at present.

The sun, sea and ... soccer of Southend ( the only way is up ).
Or
Home of the Bomber boys, flat lands of Lincoln ( the only way is down).

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Cowleys Imps become Terriers on 11:19 - Sep 11 with 571 viewswessex_exile

Cowleys Imps become Terriers on 06:23 - Sep 11 by bwildered

If you were presently a football manager with a decent CV and unemployed at present.

The sun, sea and ... soccer of Southend ( the only way is up ).
Or
Home of the Bomber boys, flat lands of Lincoln ( the only way is down).

Got to be bad news for those at Southend who were hoping for Parky - I know where I'd prefer to go if I was him
[Post edited 11 Sep 2019 11:20]

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Cowleys Imps become Terriers on 21:37 - Sep 11 with 519 viewsmfb_cufc

I agree Durham, it would be right to say Lincoln overachieved, mainly because they had a certain way of playing that was suited to League 2. It will be interesting to see what tactics the Cowley's use at Huddersfield, because I don't think the Lincoln way of playing will work in the Championship.

Talking of who will be the next manager at Lincoln and Southend. At Lincoln the favourites are Michael Flynn (Newport) and Gareth Ainswoth (Wycombe). At Southend the bookies have the aforementioned Mr Parkinson as favourite, followed by Adam Barrett (currently Millwall's first-team coach), Sol Campbell and Darren Currie (Barnet).

mfb

Cowleys Imps become Terriers on 21:46 - Sep 13 with 425 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I think Cowley’s way of playing will be quickly found out at Championship level. I doubt Huddersfield just want to survive at that level either they’ll be looking to be back in the Premier League sooner rather than later.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024