Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leistner 21:29 - Sep 28 with 2493 viewsDorse

No nonsense bastardary wrapped up in a hairless semi-armoured shell. If he and Danny Shittu were ever allowed to breed...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Leistner on 21:33 - Sep 28 with 2465 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I didn't think he was going to fit in this team. I was wrong.
Leistner on 21:57 - Sep 28 with 2386 viewsWilloW4

Leistner on 21:33 - Sep 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

R's man of the match... Again.
Leistner on 22:34 - Sep 28 with 2321 viewsbosh67

I thought he, Barbet and Cameron were all good today. We lost the game in midfield, not at the back today. Leistner really is assured and is virtually first pick for me again. He was most of last season.

Lots of unfair criticism for Barbet today, obviously from people who didn't see the game. He is improving game on game and took one for the team today. Some brilliant block tackles again today.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Leistner on 22:59 - Sep 28 with 2268 viewsMrSheen

Leistner on 22:34 - Sep 28 by bosh67

I thought he, Barbet and Cameron were all good today. We lost the game in midfield, not at the back today. Leistner really is assured and is virtually first pick for me again. He was most of last season.

Lots of unfair criticism for Barbet today, obviously from people who didn't see the game. He is improving game on game and took one for the team today. Some brilliant block tackles again today.

Five at the back makes us hard to break down, but it left a big gap from where we were winning the ball to where our playmakers were. It was my first game of the season and I had never seen him start a game before, but I didn’t see much to make me think Chair merited his place. He certainly has ability, but I didn’t see him link midfield with attack enough. Wells had nothing today.

Played three promotion contenders, lost three. I thought we showed defensive tenacity against a strong side, but we never looked like scoring, let alone winning. A reality check for everyone.
Leistner on 10:21 - Sep 29 with 2004 viewsMedwayR

I think we needed to change one of Chair/Eze who couldn’t get into the game for a CM, so a 3-4-1-2 I guess. That would’ve (in theory) stifled WBA although not sure it would’ve changed the result, WBA were a cut above just a shame we conceded soft goals. This team needs Leistner, hope he doesn’t get injured.

Poll: Who’s better?

Leistner on 10:27 - Sep 29 with 1992 viewsWatford_Ranger

Leistner on 10:21 - Sep 29 by MedwayR

I think we needed to change one of Chair/Eze who couldn’t get into the game for a CM, so a 3-4-1-2 I guess. That would’ve (in theory) stifled WBA although not sure it would’ve changed the result, WBA were a cut above just a shame we conceded soft goals. This team needs Leistner, hope he doesn’t get injured.

Yeah there’s a case for swapping Chair for Scowen against the few decent sides in this league.

Really don’t rate Cameron at CB either for his defending or distribution.
Leistner on 10:54 - Sep 29 with 1937 viewsTacticalR

Leistner is interviewed on this week's Loftcast.

Air hostess clique

Leistner on 13:27 - Oct 1 with 1485 viewsR_from_afar

There was a moment during the WBA game when the Baggies played a dangerous ball into space in the corner of our box. Leistner raced towards it but you could see it was a 50/50 or perhaps 40/60 between him and an opposition player and if he got it wrong, it was going to be a penalty at best, perhaps a card too. Rather than risk lunging in and trying a heroic-looking but possibly catastrophic tackle the big German got into a defensive position instead. I thought that showed a lot of intelligence and experience.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Login to get fewer ads

Leistner on 13:33 - Oct 1 with 1466 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Leistner on 21:33 - Sep 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

He didn't fit into Warburton's preferred 4-2-3-1 formation so credit must go to Mark for not being stubborn and switching to a 5-3-2 to accommodate Toni's steel whilst mitigating his obvious lack of pace.
Leistner on 13:34 - Oct 1 with 1461 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Leistner on 13:27 - Oct 1 by R_from_afar

There was a moment during the WBA game when the Baggies played a dangerous ball into space in the corner of our box. Leistner raced towards it but you could see it was a 50/50 or perhaps 40/60 between him and an opposition player and if he got it wrong, it was going to be a penalty at best, perhaps a card too. Rather than risk lunging in and trying a heroic-looking but possibly catastrophic tackle the big German got into a defensive position instead. I thought that showed a lot of intelligence and experience.

Indeed. Barbet could learn a thing or two as he's too prone to diving in.
Leistner on 13:51 - Oct 1 with 1410 viewsRblockPrior

Leistner on 13:33 - Oct 1 by Benny_the_Ball

He didn't fit into Warburton's preferred 4-2-3-1 formation so credit must go to Mark for not being stubborn and switching to a 5-3-2 to accommodate Toni's steel whilst mitigating his obvious lack of pace.

Alot has been said about Leistners pace, I personally don't think he is as slow as people make out. Put it this way he was beating Austin in a foot race everytime

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Leistner on 13:55 - Oct 1 with 1402 viewsPinnerPaul

Leistner on 13:27 - Oct 1 by R_from_afar

Yeah I saw that - excellent play by the BFG there.
Leistner on 14:51 - Oct 1 with 1320 viewsWestbourneR

Toni was definitely our man of the match. He's a great defender and looks just right in the middle of a three. He can pass too.

I agree Cameron completely went to pieces at CB he looks much sharper in defensive midfield. He seems to struggle with the playing out as last man.

But the most glaring problem was centre attacking mid. Neither Eze or Chair filled the role and there was a glaring problem linking to our front two. Just big old gaping gap where we needed someone knitting it all together.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Leistner on 17:30 - Oct 1 with 1181 viewsfrancisbowles

Leistner on 13:51 - Oct 1 by RblockPrior

Alot has been said about Leistners pace, I personally don't think he is as slow as people make out. Put it this way he was beating Austin in a foot race everytime

Well that's like being the winner of the Dad's race at school sports day.
Leistner on 23:37 - Oct 1 with 1045 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Leistner on 17:30 - Oct 1 by francisbowles

Well that's like being the winner of the Dad's race at school sports day.

I came 2nd this year and was chuffed with that even though I ran 100 metres in about 39.2 seconds.
Leistner on 10:58 - Oct 2 with 901 viewswestberksr

for me he has a touch of the Clint Hill's about him; there to defend first, skilled in some of the dark arts without being an utter cuuuunt, positionally sound and knows his own limitations on the ball, so less prone to overdoing it as a born again John Stones.

a steady 7/10 in most attributes of the game and a competent physical defender in a team bereft of competent physical defenders!

does what it says on the tin
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024