Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Hundred 17:24 - Oct 1 with 4947 viewsLeadbelly

Apologies for another cricket thread but I know there are a few of us interested!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49716478

Since I first heard about this new competition I really did wonder why cricket needed to provide something for those who can't concentrate on one thing for roughly three hours. Having now read the details, link above, it sounds very much like a load of old bo11ocks to me.

I support Essex and England so have no affiliation to a north London franchise or, indeed, any other. I doubt very much I shall be watching but would be interested to hear what others may think.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

The Hundred on 18:24 - Apr 30 with 1333 viewsbwildered

At present no domestic cricket on the horizon . So the big question now refers to contracts. Do the players get paid and the counties get there £1.3m ?

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

The Hundred on 18:42 - Apr 30 with 1325 viewsgerry_us

Looks like Essex Cricket Club champions for 2 years. Yeah!
The Hundred on 20:30 - Apr 30 with 1311 viewsmfb_cufc

The Hundred on 14:57 - Apr 30 by burnsieespana

At least something good has come out of the lock down as this dreadful competition will not now start until 2021!

Spot on burnsie, that is exactly how I feel myself. It probably means there will be no cricket played at all this summer though, as this garbage would have been a priority if there was.

mfb

The Hundred on 22:01 - Apr 30 with 1300 viewsburnsieespana

Understand hope is for a cut down T20 tournament starting mid July.
The Hundred on 14:47 - May 29 with 1232 viewsgerry_us

Forget the 100. MCC just announced 55 players for training before big start.
How many from Champions Essex.....ONE, Dan Lawrence ? No Little Chef, no Jamie Porter!
What an absolute disgrace. What do we have to do for our players to even get the chance to represent their country at some form of cricket.
Unfashionable county we may be.....but Champions (for successive years?) and again.

Seven from Div.2 Lancashire?
[Post edited 29 May 2020 15:04]
The Hundred on 15:14 - May 29 with 1227 viewsLeadbelly

The Hundred on 14:47 - May 29 by gerry_us

Forget the 100. MCC just announced 55 players for training before big start.
How many from Champions Essex.....ONE, Dan Lawrence ? No Little Chef, no Jamie Porter!
What an absolute disgrace. What do we have to do for our players to even get the chance to represent their country at some form of cricket.
Unfashionable county we may be.....but Champions (for successive years?) and again.

Seven from Div.2 Lancashire?
[Post edited 29 May 2020 15:04]

Chef unlikely to be selected for international cricket as...err, he's retired from international cricket. Not to say he wouldn't be a better option opening the batting than anyone tried since he retired.

The Hundred on 15:39 - May 29 with 1224 viewsgerry_us

The Hundred on 15:14 - May 29 by Leadbelly

Chef unlikely to be selected for international cricket as...err, he's retired from international cricket. Not to say he wouldn't be a better option opening the batting than anyone tried since he retired.

Er?... LITTLE Chef ie Sam Cooke
The Hundred on 15:40 - May 29 with 1223 viewsmfb_cufc

The Hundred on 15:14 - May 29 by Leadbelly

Leadbelly, Gerry was referring to "Little Chef" Sam Cook. And Gerry, yes it is a disgrace no Essex players are considered for Internationals. The only consolation is it keeps the County team stronger. Also Lancashire are now in Division One, after being promoted last season.

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

The Hundred on 15:48 - May 29 with 1219 viewsLeadbelly

The Hundred on 15:39 - May 29 by gerry_us

Er?... LITTLE Chef ie Sam Cooke

Oops!

The Hundred on 23:18 - Jul 18 with 919 viewsmfb_cufc

Sorry to dig this pile of dung back up again, but I had to vent my fury. I hear when a batsman is out, instead of it being called a wicket, they intend to call it an out, so as not to confuse new people to cricket. So if they go on to watch proper cricket, what will they think when it is called a wicket.

The thing that concerns me most is the fact the "competition" is being played at the same time as the 50 over one day Cup. Because some counties will struggle to put a team out, there was talk of the 50 over competition being scrapped, even though England are the current 50 over World Champions. At least with only Dan Lawrence missing, Essex must have a good chance of winning the 50 over competition.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 11:31]

mfb

The Hundred on 07:15 - Jul 19 with 903 viewsLeadbelly

The Hundred on 23:18 - Jul 18 by mfb_cufc

Sorry to dig this pile of dung back up again, but I had to vent my fury. I hear when a batsman is out, instead of it being called a wicket, they intend to call it an out, so as not to confuse new people to cricket. So if they go on to watch proper cricket, what will they think when it is called a wicket.

The thing that concerns me most is the fact the "competition" is being played at the same time as the 50 over one day Cup. Because some counties will struggle to put a team out, there was talk of the 50 over competition being scrapped, even though England are the current 50 over World Champions. At least with only Dan Lawrence missing, Essex must have a good chance of winning the 50 over competition.
[Post edited 19 Jul 2021 11:31]

Just proves how pathetic, pointless and unnecessary this competition is. If the authorities insist on creating something that isn’t cricket then don’t use cricket players from the counties.

The Hundred on 10:36 - Jul 19 with 886 viewsgerry_us

Absolutely of no interest and will not be watching. How can anyone have an affinity with any of these teams?
The Hundred on 10:50 - Jul 19 with 884 viewsFruitbat

I can only muster a passing interest in T20 so an even shorter format played with an entirely new set of laws and arbitrarily made up teams has no appeal whatsoever. I think it was envisaged that we would transfer our support to whatever side it is that plays at Lords, London Muppets or something, but they're not Essex so no interest there.I

I get the impression that people who are actually interested in cricket are not the target audience of this which seems to make the whole exercise pointless.
The Hundred on 12:43 - Jul 19 with 871 viewsgerry_us

I believe there will no be "wickets" down but "OUTS".
Does that mean runs will become "STRIKES"?
Thank goodness normal cricket will be going on at the same time. Any bets that the 100 will have limited shelf life? I really hope so.
The Hundred on 13:31 - Jul 19 with 866 viewsbwildered

Here until 2025 .

The Hundred on 23:40 - Jul 19 with 836 viewsdurham_exile

The Hundred on 13:31 - Jul 19 by bwildered

Here until 2025 .

My son is going to Headingley on 17 August for the double header

Northern Superchargers v Birmingham Phoenix

Ladies match at 1500hrs and Mens at 1830hrs.

LB I would have thought you would have jumped at the chance of an evening out in Leeds!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The Hundred on 06:42 - Jul 20 with 831 viewsLeadbelly

The Hundred on 23:40 - Jul 19 by durham_exile

My son is going to Headingley on 17 August for the double header

Northern Superchargers v Birmingham Phoenix

Ladies match at 1500hrs and Mens at 1830hrs.

LB I would have thought you would have jumped at the chance of an evening out in Leeds!

Up the U's

An evening out? What’s that?

The Hundred on 23:05 - Jul 20 with 800 viewsdurham_exile

The Hundred on 06:42 - Jul 20 by Leadbelly

An evening out? What’s that?

Good point LB.

Durham_exile

The Hundred on 15:37 - Jul 21 with 775 viewsgerry_us

3 1/2 hours on BBC2 tonight and presumably virtually everyday for the next month. Oh joy!
I for one am not interested
The Hundred on 21:38 - Jul 21 with 761 viewsdurham_exile

The Hundred on 15:37 - Jul 21 by gerry_us

3 1/2 hours on BBC2 tonight and presumably virtually everyday for the next month. Oh joy!
I for one am not interested

Sky have the games too Gerry.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The Hundred on 12:35 - Jul 22 with 734 viewsgerry_us

What right do Trent Rockets have for pinching Little Chef, Sam Cook from Essex when we need him for the 50 over tourney. Another reason why I do not like the Hundred.
The Hundred on 14:41 - Jul 22 with 722 viewsburnsieespana

Essex obviously short as see Sir Alistair is playing and Tendo bowled 6 overs!
The Hundred on 15:05 - Jul 22 with 720 viewsMoor_Pinot

The Hundred on 12:35 - Jul 22 by gerry_us

What right do Trent Rockets have for pinching Little Chef, Sam Cook from Essex when we need him for the 50 over tourney. Another reason why I do not like the Hundred.

Every right.
He wants the money (£24500 minimum I believe) Trent Rockets think he's worth paying for in their franchise.

I'd rather have the County Championship!

Moor Pinot

The Hundred on 16:11 - Jul 22 with 715 viewsbwildered

For those not wanting to watch 16.4 franchise , Royal London Cup games, with what is left playing for the counties, are streaming live on YouTube.

The Hundred on 20:00 - Jul 22 with 700 viewsburnsieespana

Considering Essex were 8-2 done well to hear Hampshire
Thinking about it the hundred, which I will not watching, will allow new talent to come through in the 50 games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024