Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six points essential from next two games 21:10 - Oct 21 with 2001 viewsdurham_exile

Currently busy so will be giving the pre match write ups a miss.
An away win at Crewe is long overdue
perhaps 2-1 and then we owe the Exiles big time for that 87th minute equaliser so I reckon 2-0.

Anyway UTU's

Durham_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 21:46 - Oct 21 with 1444 viewsmfb_cufc

Crewe have got 17 points (5 wins, 2 draws) for coming from behind in games this season.

Just wondered how many seasons has it taken us to get 17 points coming from behind in games. Since McGreal had been in charge I can only think of two games we have won coming from behind - Swindon away, and the recent Stevenage game. Without looking back through the records there has probably been eleven games where we have salvaged a draw in that time. So roughly speaking Crewe has achieved in 14 games what McGreal has taken over 3 years to do.

mfb

Six points essential from next two games on 07:34 - Oct 22 with 1410 viewsnoah4x4

Three years? Has McGreal even secured 14 points from behind? We went about two years without winning from behind. Goal down might as well go home.

I am heading for Crewe but fear a miserable night. Last two games we have been appalling. I can’t remember worst performances since Guthrie tormented us away at Stevenage.
Six points essential from next two games on 12:25 - Oct 22 with 1380 viewsdurham_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 07:34 - Oct 22 by noah4x4

Three years? Has McGreal even secured 14 points from behind? We went about two years without winning from behind. Goal down might as well go home.

I am heading for Crewe but fear a miserable night. Last two games we have been appalling. I can’t remember worst performances since Guthrie tormented us away at Stevenage.

It will be difficult my last threevisits to Crewe have all been defeats but I remember PereyGroves hattrick in a 4-1 some years ago

I understand they have someone called Porter who is scoring goals for fun.

Sticking with my 2-1 to the Super U's

UTU's

Durham_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 13:31 - Oct 22 with 1373 viewsMoor_Pinot

Six points essential from next two games on 12:25 - Oct 22 by durham_exile

It will be difficult my last threevisits to Crewe have all been defeats but I remember PereyGroves hattrick in a 4-1 some years ago

I understand they have someone called Porter who is scoring goals for fun.

Sticking with my 2-1 to the Super U's

UTU's

A year on Durham, old friend, you deserve the six points you seek at this time.
It is high time too that the Colchester United collective became a consistent unit. That, I suspect is too much to hope for. What I feel can be relied upon is that Gerken and Eastman will still put in the appropriate shifts. If only nine others could learn from that. Poku has been a positive but he's a lad with lots to learn yet.
We badly need Pell's influence in midfield, he's not a division one footballer but he is a significant player for our team. He's been missed and supposed good players like Stevenson have not stepped up. Dispense with Robinson, as useless as Brown, looks attitudinal to me but persevere with Wiredu in the meantime.

Decent FACup draw, Coventry always bring lots to watch their wins.

Moor Pinot

Six points essential from next two games on 17:23 - Oct 22 with 1338 viewsmfb_cufc

Six points essential from next two games on 07:34 - Oct 22 by noah4x4

Rather than just give a lazy answer to my question I thought i would actually look back and see what had really happened. Since McGreal has been in charge we have in fact won 5 times coming from behind, and have managed to get a draw 16 times. Still not a great record when you consider how many times we have gone behind in games in that time.

Those 5 wins as a matter of interest were against:-
Stevenage recently on 5th October.
The Swindon one that most of us remember on 15th December 2017.
Then the ones we had probably forgot about were Crewe, not long before the Swindon game on 28th October 2017. Then in his first season in charge there was Blackpool on 10th September 2016 and finally Notts County on 17th December 2016.
I noticed those comebacks were all before Christmas. So another stat is we have never come from behind to win a game in the second-half of the season with McGreal.

mfb

Six points essential from next two games on 19:16 - Oct 22 with 1316 viewswessex_exile

The U's line-up tonight:
1....Gerken
2....Jackson
18..Eastman
5....Prosser
3....Bramall
24..Stevenson
14..Comley
7....Senior
49..Poku
45..Nouble
9....Norris

Substitutes
4....Lapslie
6....Sowunmi
13..Robinson
15..Harriott
21..Clampin
26..Gambin
29..Ross

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Six points essential from next two games on 20:38 - Oct 22 with 1305 viewswessex_exile

For anyone that's watching/ listening - not a bad half from the U's I thought. Crewe are clearly a very good footballing side, but if anything the better chances on goal have gone to the U's.

Up the U's

Six points essential from next two games on 21:44 - Oct 22 with 1292 viewsdurham_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 20:38 - Oct 22 by wessex_exile

For anyone that's watching/ listening - not a bad half from the U's I thought. Crewe are clearly a very good footballing side, but if anything the better chances on goal have gone to the U's.

0-0
Robinson sent off
9 additional minutes.
Nouble missed penalty
UTU's
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 21:45]

Durham_exile

Login to get fewer ads

Six points essential from next two games on 21:46 - Oct 22 with 1284 viewsgerry_us

You couldn't write a script like that!
Suppose should be satisfied with 0-0 draw but a penalty to us in Fergie time..........and we miss it. Ahhhhh
Six points essential from next two games on 21:49 - Oct 22 with 1281 viewsLeadbelly

Six points essential from next two games on 21:46 - Oct 22 by gerry_us

You couldn't write a script like that!
Suppose should be satisfied with 0-0 draw but a penalty to us in Fergie time..........and we miss it. Ahhhhh

Sounds like we had the chances to win but poor finishing cost us again. No doubt McGreal will have the players working on that in training.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Six points essential from next two games on 21:49 - Oct 22 with 1279 viewswessex_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 21:44 - Oct 22 by durham_exile

0-0
Robinson sent off
9 additional minutes.
Nouble missed penalty
UTU's
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 21:45]

Utterly surreal - there I was happy with a solid point away for the U's, then all sorts of craziness ensued, we end up missing a penalty for I don't know what, and I'm gutted!

Still, a very good point nevertheless - three more against Newport, and then bring it on Creepy Crawlies...

...and it could be worse, spare a thought for poor Southend :-)

Up the U's

Up the U's

Six points essential from next two games on 21:54 - Oct 22 with 1264 viewsLeadbelly

Six points essential from next two games on 21:49 - Oct 22 by wessex_exile

Utterly surreal - there I was happy with a solid point away for the U's, then all sorts of craziness ensued, we end up missing a penalty for I don't know what, and I'm gutted!

Still, a very good point nevertheless - three more against Newport, and then bring it on Creepy Crawlies...

...and it could be worse, spare a thought for poor Southend :-)

Up the U's

Spare a thought for Sol Campbell...he’s got his work cut out.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Six points essential from next two games on 21:59 - Oct 22 with 1257 viewsburnsieespana

I suppose a point was good all things considered but if we miss out on the play offs again by a point it will be tonight's missed penalty.
Personally I won't be sparing a thought for Southend or Campbell.
We need to get a few good results under our belts again as Div 2 looking decidedly tight in the mid table area where we once again lay.
Six points essential from next two games on 22:03 - Oct 22 with 1255 viewsnoah4x4

Should have won long before the penalty given the clear chances that Nouble and Norris had. Mood on bus home strangely subdued. Had we not lost to Morecambe we would have been delighted with this point. U’s looked a different team. But given the penalty opportunity (missed) this sums up our inability to score against bad or good teams.
Six points essential from next two games on 22:30 - Oct 22 with 1245 viewsGOSBTS

The frustrating thing is that if we’d won on Saturday as we ought, tonight would have been an even more excellent result! Still, well done the U’s as coming away with a point at the league leader’s is no mean feat. Shame about the missed penalty, but shouldn’t take away from a great point gained.
Six points essential from next two games on 09:52 - Oct 26 with 1018 viewsGOSBTS

How do we all feel about today?

Expecting us to have a similar starting XI to Tuesday, 4-4-2 with Nouble and Norris up top. My fear is that we’ll go out with a whimper this way.

However, I really do think Robinson’s suspension could be seen as a blessing rather than a curse. Would love to see McGreal go with a 4—3-3 with perhaps Gambin, Nouble and Senior as the front 3. With Robinson out, there’s no better time for McGreal to really give Gambin a run. I feel he hasn’t been given a proper chance and has a lot to give. Also, if Brown is to come good, this must be his opportunity.

Is Paris CH fit?
Six points essential from next two games on 14:48 - Oct 26 with 994 viewswessex_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 09:52 - Oct 26 by GOSBTS

How do we all feel about today?

Expecting us to have a similar starting XI to Tuesday, 4-4-2 with Nouble and Norris up top. My fear is that we’ll go out with a whimper this way.

However, I really do think Robinson’s suspension could be seen as a blessing rather than a curse. Would love to see McGreal go with a 4—3-3 with perhaps Gambin, Nouble and Senior as the front 3. With Robinson out, there’s no better time for McGreal to really give Gambin a run. I feel he hasn’t been given a proper chance and has a lot to give. Also, if Brown is to come good, this must be his opportunity.

Is Paris CH fit?

U's line-up:
1....Gerken
2....Jackson
18..Eastman
5....Prosser
3....Bramall
24..Stevenson
14..Comley
7....Senior
49..Poku
45..Nouble
9....Norris

Substitutes
6....Sowunmi
10..Brown
12..Sarpong-Wiredu
15..Harriott
21..Clampin
26..Gambin
29..Ross

Same as Tuesday I think? Plymouth's goal difference is taking a battering at Exeter - if it stays that way and we win, we will overtake them.

Edit: if we win by two goals or more that is.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 14:50]

Up the U's

Six points essential from next two games on 15:07 - Oct 26 with 982 viewswessex_exile

Oh - 1-0 to Newport already :-(

Up the U's

Six points essential from next two games on 15:13 - Oct 26 with 977 viewsGOSBTS

As rubbish a start that is, at least we have options on the bench. Wiredu, Harriott and Gambin are game changers.
Six points essential from next two games on 15:35 - Oct 26 with 967 viewswessex_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 15:13 - Oct 26 by GOSBTS

As rubbish a start that is, at least we have options on the bench. Wiredu, Harriott and Gambin are game changers.

Jackson equalises - 1-1!

Up the U's

Six points essential from next two games on 15:37 - Oct 26 with 965 viewsGOSBTS

Get in!
Six points essential from next two games on 15:38 - Oct 26 with 965 viewsdurham_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 15:35 - Oct 26 by wessex_exile

Jackson equalises - 1-1!

Just catching up with events
It sounds as though we had several chances before the deserved equaliser.
As the faithful sing "we've got Ryan Jackson"

UTU's

Durham_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 15:44 - Oct 26 with 963 viewswessex_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 15:38 - Oct 26 by durham_exile

UTU's

Stevenson bullet, 2-1 to the U's!!

Up the U's

Six points essential from next two games on 15:44 - Oct 26 with 962 viewsdurham_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 15:38 - Oct 26 by durham_exile

UTU's

Stevenson a rocket 2 - 1

Durham_exile

Six points essential from next two games on 15:46 - Oct 26 with 959 viewsGOSBTS

Get in there!!!!!!!!! Over the moon for Stevenson, we need goals from the midfield!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024