Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match of the Week. 18:57 - Oct 25 with 624 viewsbwildered

Happy Birthday to Anglia TV sixty years old this weekend.
Gerry Harrison, Stuart Jarrold and many U's games on Sunday afternoon .
Stand out memories, Brentford keeper Chic Brodie being bitten by the dog .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Match of the Week. on 22:55 - Oct 25 with 599 viewsgerry_us

Yep, absolutely brilliant. Dog went down with rabies I believe!
Match of the Week. on 23:07 - Oct 25 with 591 viewsdurham_exile

Match of the Week. on 22:55 - Oct 25 by gerry_us

I also remember the Policeman intervening on the pitch after one of the Millwall players used foul and abusive language (what just one).

UTU's

Durham_exile

Match of the Week. on 08:08 - Oct 26 with 576 viewsMoor_Pinot

Match of the Week. on 22:55 - Oct 25 by gerry_us

I was there, we won 4-0 & Chic Brodie never properly recovered I think.

Moor Pinot

Match of the Week. on 08:13 - Oct 26 with 575 viewsnoah4x4

Back in the early 1980s I briefly lived in Milton Keynes whilst Wimbledon FC was still in Wimbledon and local residents had zero football club affinity. Having always supported my "local team", I was in stateless soccer limbo, but it did coincide with the birth of my daughter so had other distractions. Could never understand why ITV thrust Norwich based Anglia TV onto a Buckinghamshire "City" (then under 50,000 people) that had zero affinity with East Anglia. However, I am convinced that the U's enjoyed more coverage than today, whilst MK Dons feature even less that we today.

Thankfully along came Sky News offering a more London centric focus for us happy concrete cow commuters on what was then almost a ghost line (but was choked by the time I relocated to Sussex). Only memorable contributions from Anglia TV were Sale of the Century ("The quiz of the week") and the naff acting in "Tales of the unexpected", which was then a TV highlight, but largely due to the naked woman (her shadow only) dancing during the credits. I watched a few episodes recently on some obscure channel. Strangely compelling, but you always knew the attractive blonde with gravity defying cleavage and a false New York accent would get her revenge over the sleaze ball cockney actor playing a fez wearing Arab or some other stereotype of 1970s bad-guy, but the mode of his demise was never predictable.

Question (please vote) Becky Jago or Susan Stranks......?

How odd, if I type "Becky Jago" my predictive text changes it to "Becky he go U's". Timely reminder for Anglia Sports Producers or what?
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 8:14]
Match of the Week. on 09:55 - Oct 26 with 562 viewsbwildered

Not sure that the Millwall game was televised on MOTW Durham, but received great media attention at the time, many off field scuffles !!

Earliest memories from MOTW was that Hull City were a regular televised club before the county boundaries changed, and was on after Farming Diary .

Highlights from the Big Match after the main game, usually showed WHU always scoring in the last minutes throw Pop Robson or Sir Geoff .

Chic Brodie, after a long rehab time , never really recovered from his injury and was forced out the game.

Susan Stranks
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 10:03]

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024