Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swing low sweet chariot . 18:39 - Nov 1 with 558 viewsbwildered

Best wishes to the England Rugby guys, bring the Webb Ellis Trophy back home tomorrow please.

Remember being in the LB limo to somewhere when we last won in 2003, so looked it up.
Most definitely grottiest hostery visited in our travels and a 4-0 away defeat ... Where?
A moment in sport when you remember your location .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Swing low sweet chariot . on 18:52 - Nov 1 with 551 viewswessex_exile

I wasn't there, but that would be Rushden and Diamonds I reckon? But for Simon Brown, I think it could have been a lot worse...

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #23

Swing low sweet chariot . on 09:01 - Nov 2 with 520 viewsFruitbat

It was Rushden, first round of the cup I think. I was in hospital recovering from kidney stones. Watched the rugby on a tiny portable telly then listened to us get stuffed on Hospital Radio Colchester.

As an aside, if you've never had kidney stones my advice is don't!
Swing low sweet chariot . on 17:41 - Nov 2 with 499 viewsLeadbelly

Swing low sweet chariot . on 09:01 - Nov 2 by Fruitbat

It was Rushden, first round of the cup I think. I was in hospital recovering from kidney stones. Watched the rugby on a tiny portable telly then listened to us get stuffed on Hospital Radio Colchester.

As an aside, if you've never had kidney stones my advice is don't!

That radio must have been playing up...we beat Doc Martin’s XI 5-2. Good result, dire pub beforehand.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Swing low sweet chariot . on 17:53 - Nov 2 with 493 viewsFruitbat

Swing low sweet chariot . on 17:41 - Nov 2 by Leadbelly

That radio must have been playing up...we beat Doc Martin’s XI 5-2. Good result, dire pub beforehand.

I could have sworn we lost. Probably still off my tits on the significant amount of morphine I'd soaked up!
Swing low sweet chariot . on 18:00 - Nov 2 with 491 viewsLeadbelly

Swing low sweet chariot . on 17:53 - Nov 2 by Fruitbat

I could have sworn we lost. Probably still off my tits on the significant amount of morphine I'd soaked up!

I confess I had to check. Can’t trust my memory these days.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Swing low sweet chariot . on 20:02 - Nov 2 with 475 viewsbwildered

It was Nov 22nd 2003 . Away thumping defeat at R&D, Craig Fagan sent off early and Rodney Jack gave us the run around .

However just over a year later back at the shoe shop a 5-2 win with a Halford hat-trick and a brace from Fagan set up a resounding victory .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024