Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
International breaks 02:28 - Nov 17 with 1273 viewsHooparoo

Are they really necessary? Of course nations want all their best footballers for matches but surely the league games could continue. Football is about good squads so surely international players who are called up can be replaced easily enough. Would mean regular opportunities for younger players and would also reduce some of the fixture pile ups we have currently. Without international breaks, the 46 games Championship season wouldn’t have to schedule as many mid week games.

Of course none of the “big” clubs would agree which is ironic given that they also have the best squads and could handle it better than most.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

International breaks on 02:31 - Nov 17 with 1268 viewssmegma

Wait until the farcical Qatar World Cup when the two top leagues close down for a month in November.
International breaks on 02:47 - Nov 17 with 1259 viewsHooparoo

International breaks on 02:31 - Nov 17 by smegma

Wait until the farcical Qatar World Cup when the two top leagues close down for a month in November.

The next World Cup is already a farce. It will be the first World Cup that I don’t watch. Don’t give a monkey’s whether the Socceroos qualify as I’m boycotting the whole thing. Fck FIFA

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

International breaks on 08:00 - Nov 17 with 1186 viewsstowmarketrange

I heard Chris Sutton on 5live during the England game saying that Southgate has a lot to thank fat frank for in putting the youngsters in the first team.
Nobody asked him the question that they’re only in the team because they can’t spend millions on new players to replace them with.If they could then most of these youngsters would still be out on loan or only getting league cup games for Chelshite.
International breaks on 08:41 - Nov 18 with 982 viewsRblockPrior

Unfortunately with the clubs paying the players wages they would never allow them to leave to play for their international team if it meant missing a league game.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024