Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The importance 21:52 - Nov 22 with 1839 viewsloftboy

Of taking your chances when on top, could have been out of sight by half time.
Also Kamara is a huge powerful bastard and would love him in our team.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2019 21:58]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The importance on 21:53 - Nov 22 with 1825 viewsflynnbo

Absolutely this. We could and possibly should have been out of sight in the first 30 minutes as we always concede.
The importance on 21:54 - Nov 22 with 1817 viewsstevec

Possibly, but we could actually try and keep a one goal lead like everybody else.
The importance on 22:00 - Nov 22 with 1760 viewsbosh67

We don't defend as a team. Whatever MW says they don't hear it or believe it. He has to get the whole team understanding how to defend properly.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The importance on 22:06 - Nov 22 with 1711 viewsHunterhoop

The importance on 22:00 - Nov 22 by bosh67

We don't defend as a team. Whatever MW says they don't hear it or believe it. He has to get the whole team understanding how to defend properly.

I think the opposite, Bosh. They are following Warburton’s instruction and ethos to the letter. That’s the problem: a complete lack of in game nous and adaptability.
The importance on 22:13 - Nov 22 with 1669 viewsbosh67

The importance on 22:06 - Nov 22 by Hunterhoop

I think the opposite, Bosh. They are following Warburton’s instruction and ethos to the letter. That’s the problem: a complete lack of in game nous and adaptability.

The biggest problem for me is that our marking appears to be zonal rather than man to man. Players seem to ghost in behind the back four as in the first goal. It happens far too often. The defensive system all over the park doesn't seem to be to track and group around the opposition.

We need Danny Maddix back!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

The importance on 22:18 - Nov 22 with 1641 viewsted_hendrix

I have no confidence in us keeping a clean sheet, nor should I imagine do our players, 19 games now which with all due respect is an appalling statistic.
Who at half time thought we wouldn't concede at some stage in the second half, It's become a big bastard monkey on our back and like I said before it's killing us.
You just wait for the first/second cock up at the back and they're you go.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The importance on 22:29 - Nov 22 with 1579 viewssandsofporto

Does not matter if we had scored three, we still give teams opportunities to score, our defence and goalkeeper’s is very poor. I do think sometimes it comes down to the coaching, if you see a problem sort it out, Conceding goals all the time, let’s lock up shop and say we will not concede even if it means 0-0. Get that stat off our back.

Good teams always have a good defence. Most important part of the game
The importance on 22:36 - Nov 22 with 1543 viewsbosh67

The importance on 22:29 - Nov 22 by sandsofporto

Does not matter if we had scored three, we still give teams opportunities to score, our defence and goalkeeper’s is very poor. I do think sometimes it comes down to the coaching, if you see a problem sort it out, Conceding goals all the time, let’s lock up shop and say we will not concede even if it means 0-0. Get that stat off our back.

Good teams always have a good defence. Most important part of the game

Agreed. We won't win games 3-2 often enough. Time to drastically rethink how we defend.

Never knowingly right.

Login to get fewer ads

The importance on 22:41 - Nov 22 with 1515 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Was just saying this on the way home. Two great chances for 2 and 3 nil and we end up losing to a mediocre team.
Frustrating.
The importance on 22:42 - Nov 22 with 1506 viewscharmr

Too many mistakes in this team. Poor decision making with the ball including Eze creates too many opportunities for the opposition. Good teams/players make good decisions and even fewer mistakes,

Pretty sure Warburton knows this and has done remarkably well with the level of talent at his disposal. Players seem to be playing for him. Reality tonight was that the team lacked a killer instinct as well as good decisions in front of goal, would have had us 3.0 up before their first shot.
The importance on 22:54 - Nov 22 with 1436 viewsHunterhoop

The importance on 22:42 - Nov 22 by charmr

Too many mistakes in this team. Poor decision making with the ball including Eze creates too many opportunities for the opposition. Good teams/players make good decisions and even fewer mistakes,

Pretty sure Warburton knows this and has done remarkably well with the level of talent at his disposal. Players seem to be playing for him. Reality tonight was that the team lacked a killer instinct as well as good decisions in front of goal, would have had us 3.0 up before their first shot.

Eze had an excellent game and has little to nothing to do with our defensive frailties. The fact he’s often double marked means he’s actually helping the defence.
The importance on 22:58 - Nov 22 with 1405 viewsShotKneesHoop

The goalkeeper is not the big issue.

The shame is that we are playing some really lovely skilful football, and without much support from the refs either. We just need one proper centre back like Shittu, StewPeas, Wicks, Maddix or MacDonald.

And a Charlie Austin or Brian Bedford to get stupid goals out of nothing up front. They are the nice to have options. A quality centre back is a must .. but I think we sold him on the cheap to West Brom last summer though.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

The importance on 23:32 - Nov 22 with 1278 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The importance on 22:54 - Nov 22 by Hunterhoop

Eze had an excellent game and has little to nothing to do with our defensive frailties. The fact he’s often double marked means he’s actually helping the defence.

He had a brilliant hour then got dragged down with the others. The mistake made our heads visibly drop.
The importance on 23:37 - Nov 22 with 1257 viewswombat

The importance on 22:54 - Nov 22 by Hunterhoop

Eze has a good first half but phones it in second half sorry to say it but it’s true did very little second half and had a chat with the ref at the end of the first half after he hadn’t given 4 or 5 fouls in Eze favour , he’s been excellent this but tonight wasn’t one of them he

Poll: which is your favouite foot

The importance on 10:46 - Nov 23 with 930 viewsrsonist

Eze not yet being good enough to carry the whole team through a match on his own is currently our least pressing issue, I think.
The importance on 10:49 - Nov 23 with 919 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The importance on 23:37 - Nov 22 by wombat

Eze has a good first half but phones it in second half sorry to say it but it’s true did very little second half and had a chat with the ref at the end of the first half after he hadn’t given 4 or 5 fouls in Eze favour , he’s been excellent this but tonight wasn’t one of them he

I thought he tracked back and tackled all through the second half.

Edit - I only watched it on the box.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2019 10:49]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The importance on 10:56 - Nov 23 with 894 viewsPinnerPaul

The importance on 22:18 - Nov 22 by ted_hendrix

I have no confidence in us keeping a clean sheet, nor should I imagine do our players, 19 games now which with all due respect is an appalling statistic.
Who at half time thought we wouldn't concede at some stage in the second half, It's become a big bastard monkey on our back and like I said before it's killing us.
You just wait for the first/second cock up at the back and they're you go.

Think its 21 now
The importance on 11:02 - Nov 23 with 881 viewssuperhoopdownunder

The importance on 23:37 - Nov 22 by wombat

Eze was getting fouled throughout the game but the ref only gave a few of them as free kicks
Fulham were fouling throughout the game (especially in the first half when we were on top) - often the ref missed them.
The importance on 12:19 - Nov 23 with 829 viewsfrancisbowles

The importance on 11:02 - Nov 23 by superhoopdownunder

Eze was getting fouled throughout the game but the ref only gave a few of them as free kicks
Fulham were fouling throughout the game (especially in the first half when we were on top) - often the ref missed them.

Yes and when he did give them he didn't use his cards. However, this is normal and we just have to get on with it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024