Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U's team of the decade . 18:35 - Dec 1 with 813 viewsbwildered

So what's yours ?

Walker

Wilson
Kent
Eastman
Vincent Young

Lapsie
Moncur
Gilby

Szmodics
Porter
Sears

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

U's team of the decade . on 23:22 - Dec 1 with 785 viewsRSCOSWORTH

That just looks like a team sheet from a few years ago!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

U's team of the decade . on 16:16 - Dec 2 with 752 viewsnoah4x4

One tricky thing with this question is when does the said "decade" start? Is it 1st January 2009 or the start of season 2009-10. Hence ten calendar years or ten seasons? Or might we be saying ten years from Dec 1 2009?

One might for example wish to include Kevin Lisbie given he made 41 appearances (on loan) in season 2009-10. However, I prefer Lisbie version 2007-8. But who could forget his contribution on 8 August 2009 (Budgies 1-7 Colchester)? 08/08 happens to be my wedding anniversary, so I tease my wife that it is the "biggest date in my life" (then mention the football.....slap!).

Similarly, Scott Vernon might also squeeze into the decade, his last season also being 2009-10, but he too was perhaps past his peak. But at their best I would put both Lisbie and Vernon ahead of Porter/Sears.

Johnny Jackson also played in 2008-9, so he might conceivably scrape into the decade if we are adopting the calendar year start of 01/01/09. Just thought! Can you believe it is now over ten years since that glorious day at Carrow Road, but not ten seasons! Lambert, of course, dispensed with Jacko, then shamefully joined the budgies; now finds himself at Poorman Road. When he replaces the next incumbent of Roots Hall he can claim a full house.

Frankly, I would name the defence and midfield of our current 2019-20 side, but with Lisbie, Vernon and Gavin Massey up front. With such strike power we would be unstoppable. Maybe Kent in for Prosser. But except for when in the opposition box I reckon we are in a vintage era.
U's team of the decade . on 19:06 - Dec 2 with 734 viewsbwildered

From 1st January 2010 to 31st December 2019 .

U's team of the decade . on 20:19 - Dec 2 with 727 viewsMoor_Pinot

U's team of the decade . on 19:06 - Dec 2 by bwildered

From 1st January 2010 to 31st December 2019 .

Nice idea BW.

I like my CF to have the skillset to enable holding up of the ball for teammates and an awareness of them as well as being tall and able to score goals so either Ibehre or Mandron qualify.
Now I can't have Lisbie or Johnnie I'm close to Noah:-

Walker

Jackson
Vincent Young
Kent
Eastman

Comley
Gilby
Stevenson or Pell

Szmodics
Mandron or Ibehre
Sears

Moor Pinot

U's team of the decade . on 16:06 - Dec 3 with 693 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Can we include loanees? Are we looking at performances for Colchester only or how good they actually are as a player?

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

U's team of the decade . on 17:34 - Dec 3 with 688 viewsbwildered

Performances for U's ONLY .
Loanee OK .

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024