Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chuck feature 06:00 - Dec 17 with 963 viewsbwildered

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/16/luke-norris-colchester-fishing-

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Chuck feature on 06:56 - Dec 17 with 954 viewswessex_exile

Read that yesterday, but thanks for linking. That’s a really good interview, Chuck comes across as a really sensible grounded fella.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Chuck feature on 13:10 - Dec 17 with 932 viewsLeadbelly

I want to know where he's fishing. 42lb carp is a big lump.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Chuck feature on 17:13 - Dec 17 with 904 viewsnoah4x4

Chuck feature on 13:10 - Dec 17 by Leadbelly

I want to know where he's fishing. 42lb carp is a big lump.

Careful with this secret Lead' if you ever discover his location.

Poles, Czechs, Slovaks, Hungarians, Austrians, Germans and Croatians traditionally eat Carp on Christmas Eve, some on Christmas Day. Carp remains abundant in central Europe, hence is cheaper than Turkey (e.g. the bird not country). But, in the UK....

Waitrose.....
Carp is £14.99 per kilo.
Ready Basted Turkey is £11.00 per kilo.
Vegan Turkey is £5.50 per kilo.

No wonder Nosser has gone fishing...
Chuck feature on 17:22 - Dec 17 with 901 viewsdurham_exile

Chuck feature on 17:13 - Dec 17 by noah4x4

Poles, Czechs, Slovaks, Hungarians, Austrians, Germans and Croatians traditionally eat Carp on Christmas Eve, some on Christmas Day. Carp remains abundant in central Europe, hence is cheaper than Turkey (e.g. the bird not country). But, in the UK....

Waitrose.....
Carp is £14.99 per kilo.

The Red Devils will be carping about the result on Wednesday night.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Chuck feature on 17:31 - Dec 17 with 900 viewsnoah4x4

Chuck feature on 17:22 - Dec 17 by durham_exile

The Red Devils will be carping about the result on Wednesday night.

UTU's

Can't find a Red Devil in Waitrose, and they've sold out of cuddly green dragons too.
Chuck feature on 23:09 - Dec 17 with 860 viewsGOSBTS

Great article. I'm a Nozza fan and this article has only reaffirmed my liking of him. I could see him bagging a goal tomorrow night, irrespective of the scoreline!
Chuck feature on 23:24 - Dec 17 with 857 viewsdurham_exile

Chuck feature on 23:09 - Dec 17 by GOSBTS

Great article. I'm a Nozza fan and this article has only reaffirmed my liking of him. I could see him bagging a goal tomorrow night, irrespective of the scoreline!

As someone once said I've kept quiet until now but ..........etc etc
Prediction 3-2 to the Super U's in an absolute classic.

Time for my medication.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Chuck feature on 23:41 - Dec 17 with 854 viewsGOSBTS

Chuck feature on 23:24 - Dec 17 by durham_exile

As someone once said I've kept quiet until now but ..........etc etc
Prediction 3-2 to the Super U's in an absolute classic.

Time for my medication.

UTU's

You'll need it Durham if your scoreline is correct - imagine the celebrations!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Chuck feature on 09:34 - Dec 18 with 830 viewsburnsieespana

Yes saw the article on the onb and thought he comes across as a real decent fellow.
Chuck feature on 14:19 - Dec 19 with 797 viewsLeadbelly

Chuck feature on 17:13 - Dec 17 by noah4x4

Waitrose.....
Carp is £14.99 per kilo.

"Mrs" Leadbelly was born in Czechoslovakia so I'm well aware of the eastern European penchant for carp at Christmas (never on my watch!) but a big carp is worth far more alive than dead.

£14.99 per kilo at Waitrose v £52.80 per kilo from VS Fisheries for live carp weighing 20lb to 24lb. A fish of 42lb may be sold but it's highly unlikely to be legal as fish that size are very hard to find. Carp rustling is, sadly, all too common because a 40lb carp would be worth £1,000s.

Chuck feature on 21:47 - Dec 19 with 774 viewsnoah4x4

Chuck feature on 14:19 - Dec 19 by Leadbelly

"Mrs" Leadbelly was born in Czechoslovakia so I'm well aware of the eastern European penchant for carp at Christmas (never on my watch!) but a big carp is worth far more alive than dead.

£14.99 per kilo at Waitrose v £52.80 per kilo from VS Fisheries for live carp weighing 20lb to 24lb. A fish of 42lb may be sold but it's highly unlikely to be legal as fish that size are very hard to find. Carp rustling is, sadly, all too common because a 40lb carp would be worth £1,000s.

Known her for years Lead' (via table tennis), and never knew she was born in Czechoslovakia. But then, you are probably unaware of my Polish heritage. My best regards to both of you for the festive season and wishing you wealth, health and happiness in 2020. You should get her down the Vic one day.

P.s,
If you or Nosser catch a carp in the next week I would be happy to fillet and cook it on Xmas Eve. Not had it at Christmas since my Dad passed away as Mrs Noah also won't have it on her watch. But she will put a runny fried egg on top of my cod and parsley sauce. ....
Chuck feature on 13:41 - Dec 20 with 738 viewsLeadbelly

Chuck feature on 21:47 - Dec 19 by noah4x4

Known her for years Lead' (via table tennis), and never knew she was born in Czechoslovakia. But then, you are probably unaware of my Polish heritage. My best regards to both of you for the festive season and wishing you wealth, health and happiness in 2020. You should get her down the Vic one day.

P.s,
If you or Nosser catch a carp in the next week I would be happy to fillet and cook it on Xmas Eve. Not had it at Christmas since my Dad passed away as Mrs Noah also won't have it on her watch. But she will put a runny fried egg on top of my cod and parsley sauce. ....

I shall certainly pass on your regards and season's greetings to you and yours.

Whilst I will be out on the bank in the next couple of weeks I doubt I'll be catching any carp...and even if I do they'll be returned safely to fight another day!

Poached eggs on smoked haddock...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024