Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What can I say? 11:04 - Dec 27 with 4432 viewsHantsR

On Christmas Eve I wrote to the club, asking if my 4yr old grandson's name could appear on the screen at half-time of the Hull game as it will be his first ever visit to a professional game.

Superb response from the office as the request resulted in an offer for him and his dad to sit in the dugout during warm-ups, get high fives from the players and a goody bag.

I'm in tears

Late edit - the club have also invited me to join them both...Happy Days!
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 15:37]
What can I say? on 11:11 - Dec 27 with 4385 viewsNed_Kennedys

Wow that's fantastic from the club, really thoughtful.
What can I say? on 11:43 - Dec 27 with 4312 viewsLoftgirl

What can I say? on 11:11 - Dec 27 by Ned_Kennedys

Wow that's fantastic from the club, really thoughtful.

We're so good at this sort of thing.
What can I say? on 11:48 - Dec 27 with 4279 viewsnix

That’s so good of the club. Thanks for sharing. I think I’ve got something in my eye...
What can I say? on 12:01 - Dec 27 with 4229 viewsted_hendrix

Nice post Mr H.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What can I say? on 12:08 - Dec 27 with 4200 viewsfrancisbowles

Good stuff. We've moved on a bit since Tango and Cash as well as 'the sky is blue'.
What can I say? on 13:30 - Dec 27 with 4013 viewstimcocking

Love it.
What can I say? on 15:15 - Dec 27 with 3849 viewsYorkRanger

Great stuff from the club - go the extra mile, hook them in young and keep them for ever.

Nice to read this sort of stuff
What can I say? on 15:53 - Dec 27 with 3749 viewscolinallcars

Warms the cockles of your heart. I used to think the cockles in question were seafood but in this case cockles are ventricles contained within the heart to facilitate pumping blood through. Not a lotta people know that.
Login to get fewer ads

What can I say? on 16:06 - Dec 27 with 3714 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Very nice to read that, well done to all involved in the decision.Have a great time .
What can I say? on 18:08 - Dec 27 with 3532 viewsBoston

What can I say? on 15:53 - Dec 27 by colinallcars

Warms the cockles of your heart. I used to think the cockles in question were seafood but in this case cockles are ventricles contained within the heart to facilitate pumping blood through. Not a lotta people know that.

C’mon Colin, everyone knows that cockles pump the blood to the mussels.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

What can I say? on 18:32 - Dec 27 with 3490 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Great to hear HantsR. Enjoy the day.
What can I say? on 23:02 - Dec 29 with 3048 viewsHantsR

What a super experience that was for us today. Little 4yr old grandson got to wave the team on, with a flag that was twice his height. Had his name on the big screen, sat in the dugout and saw the players at close quarters. Club made us feel very special and I even got to shake hands with Mark Warburton. I expressed my appreciation but maybe a pity I didn't advise him about substitutions ...? Nevertheless, thank you QPR.
What can I say? on 23:12 - Dec 29 with 3025 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Is there an age limit? I'd like a go.
What can I say? (n/t) on 07:32 - Dec 30 with 2911 viewsdistortR

What can I say? on 23:12 - Dec 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Is there an age limit? I'd like a go.

At being HantsR's grandson?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 7:34]
What can I say? on 13:34 - Dec 30 with 2646 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What can I say? on 23:02 - Dec 29 by HantsR

What a super experience that was for us today. Little 4yr old grandson got to wave the team on, with a flag that was twice his height. Had his name on the big screen, sat in the dugout and saw the players at close quarters. Club made us feel very special and I even got to shake hands with Mark Warburton. I expressed my appreciation but maybe a pity I didn't advise him about substitutions ...? Nevertheless, thank you QPR.

Delighted for you, my man.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What can I say? on 14:14 - Dec 30 with 2612 viewsHantsR

What can I say? on 13:34 - Dec 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Delighted for you, my man.

Remembering our conversation about your first memory of a football match - I think yours was hurling?

Edit - correction, your story was indeed about a very young lad, not yourself. I think I also mentioned the similar instance in Nick Hornby's Fever Pitch
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 9:29]
What can I say? on 15:32 - Dec 30 with 2560 viewsr66

In similar vein to this thread.....I too had tickets for the Hull game for myself, my daughter and her partner. They are visiting from Australia. On Christmas morning, I was put in plaster with a broken ankle .
I won’t go into the full story but the service we received from Josh Scott, the Operations manager was exemplary in terms of customer care skills. I have written to Lee Hoos to highly compliment Josh.
Makes you proud to be associated with the club......for the last 55 years in my case!
What can I say? on 15:33 - Dec 30 with 2559 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What can I say? on 14:14 - Dec 30 by HantsR

Remembering our conversation about your first memory of a football match - I think yours was hurling?

Edit - correction, your story was indeed about a very young lad, not yourself. I think I also mentioned the similar instance in Nick Hornby's Fever Pitch
[Post edited 31 Dec 2019 9:29]

Mine was Rangers, but the story I told about seeing that kid have his first ‘Wow!’ moment was from a hurling match, yes.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

What can I say? on 17:02 - Dec 30 with 2483 viewsCLAREMAN1995

What can I say? on 15:33 - Dec 30 by BrianMcCarthy

Mine was Rangers, but the story I told about seeing that kid have his first ‘Wow!’ moment was from a hurling match, yes.

Happy New Year to you and your family.

Are you back to 100% now Brian over the flu/cold you had.Hopefully you got to see all the games you planned and had fun despite the gut punch of yesterday .
Hurling is one of the finest games in the world IMO so fast and skillful played by ametures just for the love of county or parish and now we have the new high visibility yellow ball
Happy New Year to you and all the QPR fans posting here .We could use a nice win soon
What can I say? on 17:04 - Dec 30 with 2481 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What can I say? on 17:02 - Dec 30 by CLAREMAN1995

Are you back to 100% now Brian over the flu/cold you had.Hopefully you got to see all the games you planned and had fun despite the gut punch of yesterday .
Hurling is one of the finest games in the world IMO so fast and skillful played by ametures just for the love of county or parish and now we have the new high visibility yellow ball
Happy New Year to you and all the QPR fans posting here .We could use a nice win soon

Just got home to Cork a few hours ago, a chara.

Had a great trip and all recovered, thanks.

Happy New Year to you and to yours.

What can I say? on 20:15 - Dec 30 with 2377 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Great stuff. I hope the little boy felt like a million dollars.
What can I say? on 07:16 - Dec 31 with 2254 viewsKonk

Really nice to hear about Rangers organising all this for you. It's exactly the sort of thing that all clubs outside the richest few need to be doing. Doesn't cost them anything other than a bit of time and yet gives your family a day that you'll always remember as well as hopefully going a long way towards hooking another generation of support. Excellent work all round - I just hope he's not expecting a seat in the dugouts every week!

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024