Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dominic Ball 17:25 - Jan 5 with 1946 viewsLongsufferingR

So many great performances today but I thought Ball was outstanding. Absolutely ran the middle of the park and several great interventions in both penalty boxes as well. Just brilliant.
Dominic Ball on 17:30 - Jan 5 with 1888 viewsoldmeadoniansR

Totally and utterly agree. Dominating and composed throughout. Also thought Cameron was excellent and it was great to see Masterton look so ar home on the pitch.
Dominic Ball on 17:30 - Jan 5 with 1886 viewssmegma

There wasn't a bad performance once again. It's nice to think I thought Cameron was MOTM. But others may beg to differ.

England 11 Wales 2. Get in.
Dominic Ball on 17:34 - Jan 5 with 1861 viewsDylanP

Agreed. Ball is turning into a very handy player and a critical part of the puzzle. I always think we look more sturdy with Cameron in the side and today was no exception. Also thought Kane had a good game. These players will (understandably) be overlooked in the glut of goals and silky skills. But without them, the flair players wouldn't be able to flair. If you know what I mean.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Dominic Ball on 17:40 - Jan 5 with 1819 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

Agree Ball had a great game, for me Todd Kane was great going forward and delivered some great crosses but defending was poor and the little the taffs created came from the channel Kane left wide open. Only weak link of the team though, even Rat boy played well and what a screamer!!
Dominic Ball on 21:52 - Jan 5 with 1554 viewskarl

Interesting to note Kelly, Ball and Wallace starting to be well regarded as good Championship players, none were highest rated when playing in the SPL but have found the transition no problem.
Funny that since I was told its worse than League 1 standard...
😂
Dominic Ball on 21:56 - Jan 5 with 1522 viewsdannyblue

I’m a big fan of Dom Ball. So confident. Happy to receive the ball, invite the press and move it on. He hasn’t ballsed it up yet that I can remember but he’s been in Tight spots several times a game. Disciplined positioning too and good simple passes.
Dominic Ball on 22:06 - Jan 5 with 1487 viewsdistortR

Dominic Ball on 21:52 - Jan 5 by karl

Interesting to note Kelly, Ball and Wallace starting to be well regarded as good Championship players, none were highest rated when playing in the SPL but have found the transition no problem.
😂

now now karl...........but yeah, £50k for the 3 of them was pretty good business.

Just loving what's happening this season, the youngsters coming through so impressively, the will to play entertaining football, a manager and coaches who are visibly improving players (Even those coming out of a division as rudimentary as the spl ) - something that we haven't been able to do for quite some time.

viva la revolution!

Edit - and that's without talking about the great work being done in the wider community
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 22:08]
Dominic Ball on 22:16 - Jan 5 with 1419 viewskarl

Dominic Ball on 22:06 - Jan 5 by distortR

now now karl...........but yeah, £50k for the 3 of them was pretty good business.

Just loving what's happening this season, the youngsters coming through so impressively, the will to play entertaining football, a manager and coaches who are visibly improving players (Even those coming out of a division as rudimentary as the spl ) - something that we haven't been able to do for quite some time.

viva la revolution!

Edit - and that's without talking about the great work being done in the wider community
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 22:08]

Agree totally.
Almost a different club with the ethos MW is using, I actually think this is what the last 2 or 3 were supposed to be doing but at last someone capable of carrying out the job as laid out and bring through the exciting youth mixed in with these solid performers and the odd loanee from outwith
Don't wish any ill will on Lumley but hoping that Kelly gets himself playing to a high standard regularly and he's got good chance of being Scotland keeper.
I was unsure of MW but he's exceeded anything I thought of him, particularly the fact he has several plans and certainly not just 'A' 👏
Login to get fewer ads

Dominic Ball on 22:22 - Jan 5 with 1388 viewsDannytheR

Dominic Ball on 21:52 - Jan 5 by karl

😂

Well, Dave Mc and the Scottish press reckon we're interested in Shankland, so maybe we'll see how the step from Scottish to English Championships goes too...!
Dominic Ball on 22:25 - Jan 5 with 1365 viewsLongsufferingR

Dominic Ball on 22:22 - Jan 5 by DannytheR

Well, Dave Mc and the Scottish press reckon we're interested in Shankland, so maybe we'll see how the step from Scottish to English Championships goes too...!

Maybe we could use Queens Park and Rangers as our feeder clubs?
Dominic Ball on 22:33 - Jan 5 with 1306 viewskarl

Dominic Ball on 22:22 - Jan 5 by DannytheR

He won't be cheap as I think it will be iro £1m to get him but key here will be wages.
I don't think he's as good as Nahki when they're both playing at their best but I do think he would be much more consistent and Wells' periods of being off form must be worrying if he is reportedly on big money (our share of his wages). An easy sum is that if Wells is on £20k cost to us and we got Shankland for less than £10k then his transfer is paid in 2 years and we'd hopefully have a consistent striker and the potential of a resale too?
I don't think we can compare him to Hughill imo so wouldn't want to use the above as a similar option to replacing him.
Interesting though
Dominic Ball on 23:06 - Jan 5 with 1190 viewsqprd

Dominic Ball on 22:33 - Jan 5 by karl

He won't be cheap as I think it will be iro £1m to get him but key here will be wages.
I don't think he's as good as Nahki when they're both playing at their best but I do think he would be much more consistent and Wells' periods of being off form must be worrying if he is reportedly on big money (our share of his wages). An easy sum is that if Wells is on £20k cost to us and we got Shankland for less than £10k then his transfer is paid in 2 years and we'd hopefully have a consistent striker and the potential of a resale too?
I don't think we can compare him to Hughill imo so wouldn't want to use the above as a similar option to replacing him.
Interesting though

i am so glad to be wrong about ball

i thought he was the weak link against west brom in september in possession. its hard to believe how much he has improved since then

in the last two matches in particular, hes been showing for the ball, playing one touch passes.... he doesnt have a great range of passing, but he has been made a few simple passes which have unlocked defenses.... im particularly impressed by how composed hes been with men around him.... he hasnt panicked and hasnt really given the ball away much

even off the ball in possession, it was a joy to watch him flick his head backwards and forwards, trying to see where the ball was and get a picture of what was ahead of him.... a far cry from the player who seemed to deliberately mark himself out the game when qpr were in possession against west brom

the one weakness he has is that he is too right footed still... but im just so happy and proud of the lad for improving his game so significantly in such a short period of time
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 23:08]
Dominic Ball on 23:11 - Jan 5 with 1169 viewsDorse

Dominic Ball on 23:06 - Jan 5 by qprd

i thought he was the weak link against west brom in september in possession. its hard to believe how much he has improved since then

in the last two matches in particular, hes been showing for the ball, playing one touch passes.... he doesnt have a great range of passing, but he has been made a few simple passes which have unlocked defenses.... im particularly impressed by how composed hes been with men around him.... he hasnt panicked and hasnt really given the ball away much

even off the ball in possession, it was a joy to watch him flick his head backwards and forwards, trying to see where the ball was and get a picture of what was ahead of him.... a far cry from the player who seemed to deliberately mark himself out the game when qpr were in possession against west brom

the one weakness he has is that he is too right footed still... but im just so happy and proud of the lad for improving his game so significantly in such a short period of time

Definitely. Whoever scouted him and persuaded the headshed to take a punt deserves a pat on the back.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Dominic Ball on 23:15 - Jan 5 with 1154 viewskarl

Dominic Ball on 23:06 - Jan 5 by qprd

One point I made about Ball, and any other Aberdeen players, is the very strict basic system McInnes has them drilled into, they play pretty brutal one dimensional football and apart from occasional wingers the team sticks to its game plan.
I wonder if its taken Ball a bit of time to adapt? He was at Rangers and I'm sure it was similar time to MW so probably knew he had a different game to him?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024