Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New signing 13:54 - Jan 18 with 1611 viewsburnsieespana

Not exactly the signing I was hoping for.....a Plymouth reject by looks of it. Surely we have youngsters already with the club. Still can't get my head round why James has not be recalled to have a run in the side.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2020 20:57]
New signing on 14:15 - Jan 18 with 1601 viewsdurham_exile

Burnsie - Tafari Moore straight into the team today.

I reckon he will be ok for the U's

At this stage of the season there are not many opportunities and presumably we are still seeking another replacement for Jevani Panenka Brown

UTU's

Durham_exile

New signing on 16:01 - Jan 18 with 1577 viewsnoah4x4

HT and he looks decent to me
New signing on 19:15 - Jan 18 with 1532 viewsFruitbat

Had a decent game overall and generally stopped the crosses coming in down his side. Replaced by Lapslie after an hour who didn't.
New signing on 20:20 - Jan 18 with 1521 viewsGOSBTS

I had a work event this morning and met my wife's uncle straight after to head to the game so I didn't check any social media before kick-off. Saw this fella was long dreadlocks standing for the minute's silence and thought "who on earth is he?!" I did start to doubt my recently acquired U's knowledge but was relieved to discover he was only signed today!

He clearly was signed to come and do a job as full-back cover. No one is going to displace Jacko as right-back, he's almost first name on the team shirt. As such, Moore came in and did exactly what was required. From our perspective I guess, even if he doesn't play another minute it still would be a wise insurance policy acquisition to ensure a potential promotion run isn't derailed by anything happening to Jackson!
New signing on 13:22 - Jan 19 with 1455 viewsbwildered

Ryan Jackson's red the previous Saturday is a automatic ban the next weekend fixture, has no mid week game arranged.
Previous Fri, James and Wright already loaned out to Welling ( one league below Conferance ).
McG quotes in paper during week, talks about looking in changes to systems leading up to Macca game and also that James is now considered a holding midfield player . Previous season incumbents,Wiredu has already returned to loan club, Paris Cowan Hall injured and Lapsie not considered to do the role for the full ninety minutes.
Although a large squad, now looks we had no cover for the right back position within club or academy.
Just find it rather strange to make a last minute signing, particularly one who cannot command a first team place from a club from the same division, and with Jackson most likely to return to first team action has soon has when available.
Although got subbed, no disrespect to Moore who did a reasonsable job, find the whole situation all rather weird .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

New signing on 16:46 - Jan 19 with 1432 viewsdurham_exile

New signing on 13:22 - Jan 19 by bwildered

Ryan Jackson's red the previous Saturday is a automatic ban the next weekend fixture, has no mid week game arranged.
Previous Fri, James and Wright already loaned out to Welling ( one league below Conferance ).
McG quotes in paper during week, talks about looking in changes to systems leading up to Macca game and also that James is now considered a holding midfield player . Previous season incumbents,Wiredu has already returned to loan club, Paris Cowan Hall injured and Lapsie not considered to do the role for the full ninety minutes.
Although a large squad, now looks we had no cover for the right back position within club or academy.
Just find it rather strange to make a last minute signing, particularly one who cannot command a first team place from a club from the same division, and with Jackson most likely to return to first team action has soon has when available.
Although got subbed, no disrespect to Moore who did a reasonsable job, find the whole situation all rather weird .

Given that Moore's contract is up in June and he seems surplus to Plymouth's requirements if the arrangement works well then we could sign him in readiness for League one next season.

Cohen Bramall was ironically injured just as Cardiff were sniffing around at Christmas time.

Jackson will doubtless return on Tuesday night but I don't think he has been fully fit for some little time now.
Moore will offer tremendous cover and possibly allow Jackson if they were both to play the opportunity to venture further forward.

Bramall and Clampin likewise on the left side.

Anyway let's look forward to Tuesday night and the Bantams.

UTU's

Durham_exile

New signing on 18:31 - Jan 19 with 1420 viewsmfb_cufc

New signing on 16:46 - Jan 19 by durham_exile

Given that Moore's contract is up in June and he seems surplus to Plymouth's requirements if the arrangement works well then we could sign him in readiness for League one next season.

Cohen Bramall was ironically injured just as Cardiff were sniffing around at Christmas time.

Jackson will doubtless return on Tuesday night but I don't think he has been fully fit for some little time now.
Moore will offer tremendous cover and possibly allow Jackson if they were both to play the opportunity to venture further forward.

Bramall and Clampin likewise on the left side.

Anyway let's look forward to Tuesday night and the Bantams.

UTU's

I agree durham, Jackson has looked as though he is not fully fit. Moore maybe an under- whelming signing, but as with all signings he needs to be given a chance to prove himself. The thing is we are desperate for right-back cover, and Moore gives us that. It will also give Jackson competition for his place, as he may just have been complacent rather than not being fully fit.

mfb

New signing on 18:33 - Jan 19 with 1420 viewsburnsieespana

It would seem we certainly are short in the full back position and assume Clampin, for example can't play on the other side otherwise he would be cover for both Jackson and Bramall when fit.
All in all, on reflection, maybe a decent signing with the potential to sign in the summer as seen a couple of Plymouth posts praising Moore and feeling he has been unlucky to be out of favour.
Login to get fewer ads

New signing on 19:14 - Jan 19 with 1411 viewsdurham_exile

New signing on 18:31 - Jan 19 by mfb_cufc

I agree durham, Jackson has looked as though he is not fully fit. Moore maybe an under- whelming signing, but as with all signings he needs to be given a chance to prove himself. The thing is we are desperate for right-back cover, and Moore gives us that. It will also give Jackson competition for his place, as he may just have been complacent rather than not being fully fit.

Mick I see that Omar Sowunmi is now fit so CB cover is in place.

I know that it is difficult because there is hardly a surfeit of strikers available in the window but we should be looking seriously for an experienced striker because Chuck and Theo will score but can they score sufficient.

Big Frank needs a break and new blood would help.

In the meantime give Junior night nurse and get him out on the pitch Tuesday night.

UTU's

Durham_exile

New signing on 16:20 - Jan 23 with 1292 viewsLeadbelly

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/18182399.colchester-united-boss-john-mcgrea

If McGreal is to be believed there will be no more transfer activity before the deadline.

Disappointing, if true, as most of us would probably like to see another striker joining the club. Whether a new striker would make any difference, however, is another matter!

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

New signing on 17:00 - Jan 23 with 1290 viewsgerry_us

New signing on 16:20 - Jan 23 by Leadbelly

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/18182399.colchester-united-boss-john-mcgrea

If McGreal is to be believed there will be no more transfer activity before the deadline.

Disappointing, if true, as most of us would probably like to see another striker joining the club. Whether a new striker would make any difference, however, is another matter!

He doesn't actually play the strikers we have!
Dare I mention Junior ..... again?
New signing on 19:34 - Jan 23 with 1272 viewswessex_exile

New signing on 17:00 - Jan 23 by gerry_us

He doesn't actually play the strikers we have!
Dare I mention Junior ..... again?

Haha - you may dare Gerry

However, how many games has he actually been available for? I'm sure I read (and I may be wrong?) he was having a post-season rest after finishing a full and busy season for Derry City at the end of October/ start of November? If so, he's been available for at most three games before going down with flu, and has come on as a sub in two of them.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

New signing on 21:03 - Jan 23 with 1252 viewsgerry_us

New signing on 19:34 - Jan 23 by wessex_exile

Haha - you may dare Gerry

However, how many games has he actually been available for? I'm sure I read (and I may be wrong?) he was having a post-season rest after finishing a full and busy season for Derry City at the end of October/ start of November? If so, he's been available for at most three games before going down with flu, and has come on as a sub in two of them.

Was it actually necessary to send him to Derry in the first place? He could maybe have learned his trade by playing for us instead? There was the distinct possibility of improvement if he had been used more than 5 minutes every other week.
New signing on 23:38 - Jan 23 with 1229 viewsmfb_cufc

The fans hoped some of the money made from the summer transfers and the Carabao Cup run would be spent on strengthening the squad in January, to have a serious go at promotion. But it seems that Cowling will be using the money to reduce what he puts in to keep the club going. I suppose you can't blame him, but this was a good chance to make a statement of intent, and he has fallen short again.

mfb

New signing on 05:36 - Jan 24 with 1220 viewswessex_exile

New signing on 23:38 - Jan 23 by mfb_cufc

The fans hoped some of the money made from the summer transfers and the Carabao Cup run would be spent on strengthening the squad in January, to have a serious go at promotion. But it seems that Cowling will be using the money to reduce what he puts in to keep the club going. I suppose you can't blame him, but this was a good chance to make a statement of intent, and he has fallen short again.

Personally, whilst it’s always good to see new players come in, after getting Robinson back for the rest of the season and Junior back as an option, I believe we’ve got a squad capable of promotion. The summer transfers and cup run success are down to Robbie’s investment in Col U, so don’t you think he’s earned the right to decide how some of the proceeds are invested? As with every year, he’ll still be considerably out of pocket by the end of the season, so I don’t think you’re right to question his intent.

Up the U's

New signing on 10:17 - Jan 24 with 1202 viewswessex_exile

New signing on 21:03 - Jan 23 by gerry_us

Was it actually necessary to send him to Derry in the first place? He could maybe have learned his trade by playing for us instead? There was the distinct possibility of improvement if he had been used more than 5 minutes every other week.

I'd say so, he needed the game time. He had nine appearances for the U's after joining in the January, three starts, one as a half-time substitution, two as a second half substitution and three as an injury time substitution. He scored once, from the penalty spot, and had the assist for Mandron in the same game. He needed to be playing at a level that guaranteed he was starting, gaining fitness and confidence, so I think Derry worked out perfectly for him and us.

Up the U's

New signing on 23:55 - Jan 24 with 1164 viewsmfb_cufc

New signing on 05:36 - Jan 24 by wessex_exile

Personally, whilst it’s always good to see new players come in, after getting Robinson back for the rest of the season and Junior back as an option, I believe we’ve got a squad capable of promotion. The summer transfers and cup run success are down to Robbie’s investment in Col U, so don’t you think he’s earned the right to decide how some of the proceeds are invested? As with every year, he’ll still be considerably out of pocket by the end of the season, so I don’t think you’re right to question his intent.

We were on the understanding that any money made from Cup runs would go on to the player budget. At the moment we have sent Brown out on loan, and had a Plymouth reserve come in. If Forest Green are paying Brown's wages then we have saved money, as Robinson was already here. To say Cowling is considerably out of pocket every season is not strictly true as he uses the profit from his other business's to offset any loss in the football team. That is why they are all part of the Aspire group. I would be interested to know what you think his intent is. What I do know is ever since he got his fingers burnt with Boothroyd there has been a total lack ambition from Cowling.

mfb

New signing on 00:13 - Jan 25 with 1163 viewswessex_exile

New signing on 23:55 - Jan 24 by mfb_cufc

We were on the understanding that any money made from Cup runs would go on to the player budget. At the moment we have sent Brown out on loan, and had a Plymouth reserve come in. If Forest Green are paying Brown's wages then we have saved money, as Robinson was already here. To say Cowling is considerably out of pocket every season is not strictly true as he uses the profit from his other business's to offset any loss in the football team. That is why they are all part of the Aspire group. I would be interested to know what you think his intent is. What I do know is ever since he got his fingers burnt with Boothroyd there has been a total lack ambition from Cowling.

His intent, as has been clearly stated, is to make Colchester United financially stable without his or anyone else's personal wealth being the means to do so. That's precisely why he has invested so heavily in the academy, to try and ensure we're in that place. In these days of clubs already gone to, or about to go to the wall trying to bankroll success, surely that's a pretty good intent? I get that you don't like Robbie Cowling, and that's your right, but surely you can agree that the survival of Colchester United - the club we all love - is paramount?

Up the U's

New signing on 01:09 - Jan 25 with 1155 viewsmfb_cufc

New signing on 00:13 - Jan 25 by wessex_exile

His intent, as has been clearly stated, is to make Colchester United financially stable without his or anyone else's personal wealth being the means to do so. That's precisely why he has invested so heavily in the academy, to try and ensure we're in that place. In these days of clubs already gone to, or about to go to the wall trying to bankroll success, surely that's a pretty good intent? I get that you don't like Robbie Cowling, and that's your right, but surely you can agree that the survival of Colchester United - the club we all love - is paramount?

Yes I know about those intentions, but you said as with every year, he’ll still be considerably out of pocket by the end of the season, so that is clearly failing. The intent I want to know about is the one to get us promoted. By employing a number of puppet internals and giving them a remit of playing the youngsters doesn't show me an ambition of wanting promotion. I have a very good reason for liking Robbie Cowling, just don't like the way he runs my football club.

mfb

New signing on 08:58 - Jan 25 with 1137 viewswessex_exile

New signing on 01:09 - Jan 25 by mfb_cufc

Yes I know about those intentions, but you said as with every year, he’ll still be considerably out of pocket by the end of the season, so that is clearly failing. The intent I want to know about is the one to get us promoted. By employing a number of puppet internals and giving them a remit of playing the youngsters doesn't show me an ambition of wanting promotion. I have a very good reason for liking Robbie Cowling, just don't like the way he runs my football club.

Yes, he does continue to invest in Colchester United, eye-wateringly large amounts to mere mortals like you and I, though I don’t understand why you call that failure? He continues to invest specifically in the area he sees will be the long-term future of the club - the academy. The playing budget he has already publicly guaranteed, the club also has a pretty decent revenue stream from the likes of Little Mix concerts, corporate hospitality, club shop etc., and supporters can still enjoy exceptionally cheap tickets if they can buy in advance. We have the best squad I’ve seen for many years assembled, we’re in the play-offs poised for a promotion push, 14 games unbeaten, and just before Xmas I saw my heroes run out at Old Trafford. You don’t like the way he’s running our club, and clearly you’ll never change that opinion - personally, I’m loving it, and have a host of reasons to be extremely grateful for his continued investment.

Up the U's

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024