Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Junior is going where? 18:47 - Feb 2 with 780 viewsgerry_us

I have read various threads giving the news that Junior is off to Haifa? Nothing on the official site.
What is going on at OUR club. Initially he was thought to be a gem in the making and spent time at M&T to develop. On returning to the U's he was given neither game time or the chance to prove himself. Hence he was sent to Derry for further game time for an extended period. When he returned from Derry with glowing reports and goals to his credit what does McG do?....virtually ignore him. I could maybe understand if we had bought a proven forward during the winter, but did we?
Frankly, the current management are ruining OUR club with their clueless decisions. Please don't respond with 17 undefeated run...it won't wash. With the McG's defensive philosophy we are heading for eighth or even lower.
Hopefully Ipswich may "poach" him but I suspect they would regret it very quickly but maybe, just maybe, we could get a replacement from outside of the club with some clue of how to move us forward.
Junior is going where? on 18:56 - Feb 2 with 772 viewsdurham_exile

Gerry Junior is going to Hapoel Hadera in Israel until the end of the season.

I have no words!
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 18:57]

Durham_exile

Junior is going where? on 19:03 - Feb 2 with 760 viewsgerry_us

Obviously came as a surprise to him as well.
Recent Gazette article...
JUNIOR Ogedi-Uzokwe believes he has returned to Colchester United a better player after making his comeback for the club.

The 25-year-old striker is back at the U’s following his successful loan spell playing for Derry City, in the League of Ireland.

Ogedi-Uzokwe made his first Colchester appearance for nearly a year when he came on as a late substitute in their 0-0 draw at Stevenage, last weekend.

And after banging in an impressive 14 goals for Derry to establish himself as a fans’ favourite and finish as the league’s top goalscorer during his loan stint, the former Maldon and Tiptree forward says his spell away from the JobServe Community Stadium has helped him improve his all-round game.

Ogedi-Uzokwe said: “I feel like I’ve definitely come back a better player, since playing in Ireland.

“I played a lot and I also played on the left as well there.

“It taught me a lot and I’ve added a few things to my game, so it was good.

“It was great to finish as the league’s top goalscorer, in Ireland.

“Now, I have to work hard again and see what I can do here.

“I always feel confident and I do feel like I’ve got goals in me.

“Hopefully, I can get goals and some game time — that would be good.”

Ogedi-Uzokwe has been training with Colchester for several weeks but made his return to first-team action after coming on as a late substitute for Callum Harriott, at Stevenage.

He was unfortunate not to mark his return with a goal, after his close-range effort was well saved by Boro goalkeeper Paul Farman in the closing stages of the League Two clash.

“I was annoyed not to score at the end but we just have to win the next game,” added Ogedi-Uzokwe, whose contract at Colchester is due to expire at the end of this season.

“I just wish we got the win but it’s been good and it was nice to be back in a Colchester shirt.

“I’ve missed the boys and they’re all good lads.

“It’s good to be back and there’s a lot of banter and a lot of laughs and stuff.

“It’s been a long time to be fair and it was good to be back out there.”

Junior is going where? on 21:14 - Feb 2 with 736 viewsburnsieespana

Junior is going where? on 19:03 - Feb 2 by gerry_us

Obviously came as a surprise to him as well.
Recent Gazette article...
JUNIOR Ogedi-Uzokwe believes he has returned to Colchester United a better player after making his comeback for the club.

The 25-year-old striker is back at the U’s following his successful loan spell playing for Derry City, in the League of Ireland.

Ogedi-Uzokwe made his first Colchester appearance for nearly a year when he came on as a late substitute in their 0-0 draw at Stevenage, last weekend.

And after banging in an impressive 14 goals for Derry to establish himself as a fans’ favourite and finish as the league’s top goalscorer during his loan stint, the former Maldon and Tiptree forward says his spell away from the JobServe Community Stadium has helped him improve his all-round game.

Ogedi-Uzokwe said: “I feel like I’ve definitely come back a better player, since playing in Ireland.

“I played a lot and I also played on the left as well there.

“It taught me a lot and I’ve added a few things to my game, so it was good.

“It was great to finish as the league’s top goalscorer, in Ireland.

“Now, I have to work hard again and see what I can do here.

“I always feel confident and I do feel like I’ve got goals in me.

“Hopefully, I can get goals and some game time — that would be good.”

Ogedi-Uzokwe has been training with Colchester for several weeks but made his return to first-team action after coming on as a late substitute for Callum Harriott, at Stevenage.

He was unfortunate not to mark his return with a goal, after his close-range effort was well saved by Boro goalkeeper Paul Farman in the closing stages of the League Two clash.

“I was annoyed not to score at the end but we just have to win the next game,” added Ogedi-Uzokwe, whose contract at Colchester is due to expire at the end of this season.

“I just wish we got the win but it’s been good and it was nice to be back in a Colchester shirt.

“I’ve missed the boys and they’re all good lads.

“It’s good to be back and there’s a lot of banter and a lot of laughs and stuff.

“It’s been a long time to be fair and it was good to be back out there.”

If he is going it is likely the money is a great deal more.
Personally I don't understand the passion for him. Derry are hardly the level of even the National league.
Never forget we don't see him in training.
Junior is going where? on 22:20 - Feb 2 with 724 viewsgerry_us

Junior is going where? on 21:14 - Feb 2 by burnsieespana

If he is going it is likely the money is a great deal more.
Personally I don't understand the passion for him. Derry are hardly the level of even the National league.
Never forget we don't see him in training.

We don't see him playing . . . period!
Junior is going where? on 19:35 - Feb 4 with 657 viewsgerry_us

Still nothing on the U's web site. ??
Are they hoping that we won't notice he's gone?
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 20:02]
Junior is going where? on 21:39 - Feb 4 with 637 viewsdurham_exile

Junior is going where? on 19:35 - Feb 4 by gerry_us

Still nothing on the U's web site. ??
Are they hoping that we won't notice he's gone?
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 20:02]

Gerry - Junior is on the Hapoel Hedera web site on their squad list.

UTU's

PS we should be told exactly what has transpired here but I doubt we will know

Durham_exile

Junior is going where? on 22:02 - Feb 4 with 635 viewswessex_exile

Junior is going where? on 21:39 - Feb 4 by durham_exile

Gerry - Junior is on the Hapoel Hedera web site on their squad list.

UTU's

PS we should be told exactly what has transpired here but I doubt we will know

Seriously though, what more do you need to be told chaps? He was on loan in Eire, did well, came back for a few games (and training etc.) and now has gone out on loan to Israel - maybe to return, but I reckon not. What I haven’t seen is why he was apparently our last great hope of success - what am I missing?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Junior is going where? on 22:18 - Feb 4 with 631 viewsnoah4x4

Junior is not short of game time. In January, Junior had two games in the under 23’s, plus around twenty minutes in the First XI. Scored once, but didn’t excel in the U 23’s compared to Hasenally and others that have equally good claims to a First Team squad place. But whilst Norris, Nouble and Robinson are fit, no U23 striker will make the bench whilst we play merely one up front. Junior is now aged 25 and over age players tend to make a big impact at U23 level. He didn’t. He made 12 appearances for Col U in 2018 scoring once. Including loans, Hapoel is his 14th club in seven years. Res ipsa loquitor.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 22:22]
Login to get fewer ads

Junior is going where? on 22:53 - Feb 4 with 613 viewsdurham_exile

Junior is going where? on 22:18 - Feb 4 by noah4x4

Junior is not short of game time. In January, Junior had two games in the under 23’s, plus around twenty minutes in the First XI. Scored once, but didn’t excel in the U 23’s compared to Hasenally and others that have equally good claims to a First Team squad place. But whilst Norris, Nouble and Robinson are fit, no U23 striker will make the bench whilst we play merely one up front. Junior is now aged 25 and over age players tend to make a big impact at U23 level. He didn’t. He made 12 appearances for Col U in 2018 scoring once. Including loans, Hapoel is his 14th club in seven years. Res ipsa loquitor.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2020 22:22]

Noah the advantage of this board is that we can all express our views and quite rightly so.

All I would say on the Junior debate is that he wasn't given sufficient first team football to prove his worth.

In his recent cameos against Stevenage and Morecambe all 12 minutes I was crying out for him to be given 90 minutes. But then he went down with flu which I still dispute. He hasn't played since and has now gone to the Middle East.

Why I wonder did we waste our time and money signing him and his midfield colleague Gondoh when neither was afforded sufficient time in the team.

If we had signed another striker or number 10 as we were promised then ok but the squad we now have is what is going to try and get us promoted.

At present we look off the pace and run the risk of missing out on promotion.

I am angry because we should be competing with Swindon, Plymouth and Exeter rather than struggling to keep pace with the underlying pack.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Junior is going where? on 23:16 - Feb 4 with 611 viewswessex_exile

Junior is going where? on 22:53 - Feb 4 by durham_exile

Noah the advantage of this board is that we can all express our views and quite rightly so.

All I would say on the Junior debate is that he wasn't given sufficient first team football to prove his worth.

In his recent cameos against Stevenage and Morecambe all 12 minutes I was crying out for him to be given 90 minutes. But then he went down with flu which I still dispute. He hasn't played since and has now gone to the Middle East.

Why I wonder did we waste our time and money signing him and his midfield colleague Gondoh when neither was afforded sufficient time in the team.

If we had signed another striker or number 10 as we were promised then ok but the squad we now have is what is going to try and get us promoted.

At present we look off the pace and run the risk of missing out on promotion.

I am angry because we should be competing with Swindon, Plymouth and Exeter rather than struggling to keep pace with the underlying pack.

UTU's

I get your frustration Durham, but I think it’s also important to maintain an air of positivity and belief - we can do this, and the team need to know that. We’ve played those three six times so far this season, and only one of them has beaten us - you and I were there, and know they didn’t deserve too. Time to put that right on Saturday.

Up the U’s!!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Junior is going where? on 23:25 - Feb 4 with 607 viewsdurham_exile

Junior is going where? on 23:16 - Feb 4 by wessex_exile

I get your frustration Durham, but I think it’s also important to maintain an air of positivity and belief - we can do this, and the team need to know that. We’ve played those three six times so far this season, and only one of them has beaten us - you and I were there, and know they didn’t deserve too. Time to put that right on Saturday.

Up the U’s!!

Wessex quite right.

We can beat Plymouth on Saturday.

And my preview will reflect that view.

But I'm still furious about the Cambridge result.

UTU's

Durham_exile

Junior is going where? on 10:30 - Feb 5 with 579 viewsLeadbelly

Junior wasn't given much chance but in the limited amount I saw of him he never looked good enough for League 2 and at his age it's unlikely he will improve sufficiently to be worth retaining. I don't think this is another Bonne situation.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Junior is going where? on 12:45 - Feb 5 with 568 viewsdurham_exile

Junior is going where? on 23:25 - Feb 4 by durham_exile

Wessex quite right.

We can beat Plymouth on Saturday.

And my preview will reflect that view.

But I'm still furious about the Cambridge result.

UTU's

Cant get much more official than that!!!!!

"Israeli Premier League club Hapoel Hadera have officially announced the capture of London-born Nigerian striker Junior Ogedi-Uzokwe following a successful medical.

The 26-year-old ended his association with League Two club Colchester United after inking a five-month deal with Hapoel Hadera on Tuesday, February 4.

The Israeli top-flight club have an option to extend the agreement between the two parties for another season.

Ogedi-Uzokwe landed in Israel this past weekend and watched his new teammates register a 1-0 victory over Sektzia Nes Tziona, with Super Eagles goalkeeper Austin Ejide in between the pipes for Hapoel Hadera.

In his first words as a player of Hapoel Hadera, he said : " Hadera looks like a good family group to me. I was very impressed by the people here, and I can't wait to wear the shirt of the group and help her on the field".

On his curriculum vitae, Ogedi-Uzokwe lists Leyton Orient, Millwall, Hayes & Yeading United, Türk Ocagı Limasol, Bromley and Derry City among his previous clubs. "

UTU's

One Striker less U's

Durham_exile

Junior is going where? on 19:53 - Feb 5 with 539 viewsLeadbelly

Now on the club website. Signed on a permanent contract so we won’t be seeing Junior in a Us shirt again.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024