Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansalooser match thread 07:44 - Feb 11 with 18046 viewsenfieldargh

Sadly the apathy has got to me again and I’ll be surprised if we manage a goal especially as the swans will want revenge

Prove me wrong qpr

Swansea 3 passback fc 0

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Swansalooser match thread on 21:41 - Feb 11 with 1449 viewsplasmahoop

Thought pugh played pretty well to be fair.
Swansalooser match thread on 21:41 - Feb 11 with 1450 viewsAntti_Heinola

take that. Think the Ball-Cameron axis made a difference. Eze played a bit higher up. Could and maybe should have won, we're creating chances, need to score some. Defended with discipline. Barbet good, Manning's best performance for some time and against a tricky customer too.

Bare bones.

Swansalooser match thread on 21:41 - Feb 11 with 1441 viewskensalriser

Swansea didn't look good at all, earlier in the season we would have won that comfortably.

Undoubtedly good as he is, Eze is a long way behind Taarabt for me. Actually not even in the same league.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Swansalooser match thread on 21:41 - Feb 11 with 1442 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Swansalooser match thread on 21:37 - Feb 11 by EmpireStateRanger

Zero goals in three February matches.

Exactly. Better performance than of late. But I can't see where a goal is coming from.
Swansalooser match thread on 21:41 - Feb 11 with 1441 viewslongbottom

Swansalooser match thread on 21:39 - Feb 11 by Noelmc

Sky have made Pugh MOTM?????

I must have been watching the wrong match!

Make that two.
Swansalooser match thread on 21:43 - Feb 11 with 1376 viewsstevec

Swansalooser match thread on 21:39 - Feb 11 by Noelmc

Sky have made Pugh MOTM?????

I must have been watching the wrong match!

Someone’s just made a lot of money in China .

It’s a shame as he clearly knows his way around the park, just his legs won’t follow him these days.
Swansalooser match thread on 21:44 - Feb 11 with 1336 viewsjohncharles

Some credit must go to Warburton for picking a team that could grind out a point away from home on a terrible night.

Strong and stable my arse.

Swansalooser match thread on 21:44 - Feb 11 with 1322 viewsqprd

I will take the result, but serious questions need to be asked about MW's absolutely shocking in game management

i have defended MW and have said very little negative about him all season. But i am absolutely appalled with how he managed todays match

We played on Saturday in Huddersfield. Players probably got back home late, just in time to take another trip 4 hours west to Swansea... another long trip back tonight before another match on saturday. it is absolutely unacceptable to only use 1 sub in these circumstances, especially given our thin squad depth and the fixture congestion. You need to use your subs. even at the end, when he was sitting on 2 subs, he should have had the savvy to bring in someone like masterson to try to win the header on the final long throw in stoppage time...

we were clearly lacking in the final third. we should have either brought on clarke with a view towards pinging crosses to hugill or chair to play some intricate stuff and unlock the final third... yet we stuck with the same tired, increasingly frustrated players trying the same stuff over and over again with no success

really disappointing performance

i am grateful for the point, and we needed to end the losing streak...all the points are valuable now..... but this was not good enough from MW
Login to get fewer ads

Swansalooser match thread on 21:46 - Feb 11 with 1273 viewsnix

It's a definite improvement to restrict them to zero goals on target. We looked more dangerous than them going forward but just couldn't get the goals. But I'm pretty happy with a midweek away point.
Swansalooser match thread on 21:46 - Feb 11 with 1271 viewsconnell10

Swansalooser match thread on 21:44 - Feb 11 by johncharles

Some credit must go to Warburton for picking a team that could grind out a point away from home on a terrible night.

You wait until we play on Saturday its gonna be awful weather.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Swansalooser match thread on 21:47 - Feb 11 with 1230 viewsAntti_Heinola

Swansalooser match thread on 21:44 - Feb 11 by qprd

I will take the result, but serious questions need to be asked about MW's absolutely shocking in game management

i have defended MW and have said very little negative about him all season. But i am absolutely appalled with how he managed todays match

We played on Saturday in Huddersfield. Players probably got back home late, just in time to take another trip 4 hours west to Swansea... another long trip back tonight before another match on saturday. it is absolutely unacceptable to only use 1 sub in these circumstances, especially given our thin squad depth and the fixture congestion. You need to use your subs. even at the end, when he was sitting on 2 subs, he should have had the savvy to bring in someone like masterson to try to win the header on the final long throw in stoppage time...

we were clearly lacking in the final third. we should have either brought on clarke with a view towards pinging crosses to hugill or chair to play some intricate stuff and unlock the final third... yet we stuck with the same tired, increasingly frustrated players trying the same stuff over and over again with no success

i am grateful for the point, and we needed to end the losing streak...all the points are valuable now..... but this was not good enough from MW

In a tight game thought he was right to keep things as they were to be honest. He made 5 changes from sat, so plenty of rotation in there. Clarke or Chair for Pugh the only one i might've made, but pugh, while not man of the match, was solid down that side. Can see why he didn't change it. Think his in game management is largely pretty good.

Bare bones.

Swansalooser match thread on 21:47 - Feb 11 with 1214 viewsstevec

Not sure I agree. If your teams on top from start to finish and your goalkeeper not had to field a shot then leave them set up as they are.

My kind of performance tonight, just needed Hugill to be on his game at least in front of goal.
Swansalooser match thread on 21:48 - Feb 11 with 1211 viewsplasmahoop

Not sure I agree, at times this season I've felt his changes have made it worse. Pugh was doing a defensive job, would putting on Clarke or chair have risked that? I was thinking of that sub, but he didn't do it and we kept a clean sheet. We would definitely have criticised him if he had and we'd lost one nil, so I don't think it's merited
Swansalooser match thread on 21:48 - Feb 11 with 1211 viewskarl

I know what you're saying but I don't agree, a late defeat would have gutted that squad whereas getting the clean sheet and point will lift them a bit. Sometimes you do have to settle for what you have, I'm in agreement with what he did.
I actually thought putting Kane on was the wrong move and wanted the back 4 left intact
Swansalooser match thread on 21:49 - Feb 11 with 1191 viewsqueensparker

Pugh man of the match by Sky - LOL. Don’t begrudge him as he tried his bollox off, is clearly a good player finally losing his legs, and seems like a nice guy.
Swansalooser match thread on 21:49 - Feb 11 with 1188 viewsderbyhoop

So, if you would have brought on Clarke or Chair. Instead of who?

We didn't offer enough going forward, but it was still a hell of lot more than the home side and it's ended a run of 4 defeats. Good selection , in the circumstances. And the performance would have been close to what he was after.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Swansalooser match thread on 21:49 - Feb 11 with 1178 viewsjohncharles

Swansalooser match thread on 21:46 - Feb 11 by connell10

You wait until we play on Saturday its gonna be awful weather.

Well, thanks Connell. Something to look forward to I guess 😀

Strong and stable my arse.

Swansalooser match thread on 21:52 - Feb 11 with 1090 viewsAntti_Heinola

their manager thinks they should've had 3 pens. Jesus wept.

Bare bones.

Swansalooser match thread on 21:54 - Feb 11 with 1055 viewsconnell10

Swansalooser match thread on 21:49 - Feb 11 by johncharles

Well, thanks Connell. Something to look forward to I guess 😀

Two wingers and a lump to aim at, i think the wind will play a big part .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Swansalooser match thread on 21:55 - Feb 11 with 1034 viewsLblock

Danny Higginbottom comes out on live TV!

He must surely be in a deep and loving relationship with Marc Poo - can be the only viable reason for his MOTM award.
Given to a man who passed the ball to the opposition, fell over himself, was blowing out of jacksie by 35 mins and is now slow in his mind and body.

Thought he'd be a great signing but alas his body has gone

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Swansalooser match thread on 21:56 - Feb 11 with 1013 viewsflynnbo

He must have hit every branch when falling off the ugly tree.
Swansalooser match thread on 21:58 - Feb 11 with 974 viewstraininvain

Swansalooser match thread on 21:52 - Feb 11 by Antti_Heinola

Odd looking bloke. Looks like he can barely see so not entirely surprised.

That said, I did think Barbet got away with one right at the end.
Swansalooser match thread on 21:59 - Feb 11 with 956 viewskarl

Swansalooser match thread on 21:55 - Feb 11 by Lblock

Danny Higginbottom comes out on live TV!

He must surely be in a deep and loving relationship with Marc Poo - can be the only viable reason for his MOTM award.
Given to a man who passed the ball to the opposition, fell over himself, was blowing out of jacksie by 35 mins and is now slow in his mind and body.

Thought he'd be a great signing but alas his body has gone

Hardly matters what Higginbottom thinks, Pugh was part of the team which kept a clean sheet against a decent Swansea team who are particularly strong on that wing. We'll done to him and hopefully this can be him finding some form, he did run out of ideas in final third but otherwise looked decent
Swansalooser match thread on 22:00 - Feb 11 with 946 viewsWatford_Ranger

A traffic cone could have done Hugill’s job tonight.

But defensively very sound. Delighted Barbet and Manning did well.
Swansalooser match thread on 22:01 - Feb 11 with 935 viewsdavman

Swansalooser match thread on 21:52 - Feb 11 by Antti_Heinola

At least two. The Rangel one was a push and Barbet certainly caught Ayew.

We should have had the BOS one though.

If it weren't for the context of 4 previous defeats and a malaise around the club, that would feel 100% better. Aside from the lack of a finisher, which is not news to anyone but our board, that was a good away performance.

We still need a win ASAP though...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024