Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Penalties......or not 19:30 - Feb 15 with 2784 viewsLongsufferingR

I doubt whether we will all agree but I thought:

1) BOS first half - not enough for a pen
2) Hugill first half - looked like a rugby tackle to me - pen
3) Hall second half - shirt being tugged at a corner right in front of ref - amazed it wasn't given. Can only imagine he thought Hall didn't need to go down, but being pulled back by his shirt is a foul - pen
4) Manning 2nd half - he pulled the Stoke defender back by his shirt so that was given first and no pen, but if that was a foul, why wasn't the one on Hall?
Penalties......or not on 20:16 - Feb 15 with 2060 viewsBoston

All the Rangers shouts were definitely penalties, Stoke's were attempts at an Oscar

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Penalties......or not on 08:40 - Feb 16 with 1730 viewskingo

Worse than his penalty non decisions was when he waved play on when their defender misjudged the ball and Pugh was through and deliberately tripped. Free kick and red card. Woeful referee.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 9:06]

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Penalties......or not on 10:09 - Feb 16 with 1604 viewsloftboy

I can’t see how the ref didn’t see that shirt pull, he was looking straight at it, baffling decision, it wasn’t even a doubt.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Penalties......or not on 10:14 - Feb 16 with 1600 viewsfrancisbowles

Ref who we have had many times and has always been well above the average, has off day.

He really seemed to avoid giving any big decisions but was quite happy to get the yellow card out.
Penalties......or not on 12:38 - Feb 16 with 1523 viewsNorthernr

THe Hall one was cast iron but I actually didn't think he got much wrong apart from that.
Penalties......or not on 12:48 - Feb 16 with 1500 viewssmegma

Penalties......or not on 10:09 - Feb 16 by loftboy

I can’t see how the ref didn’t see that shirt pull, he was looking straight at it, baffling decision, it wasn’t even a doubt.

It looks even worse in the highlights on our website. Embarrassing.
Penalties......or not on 12:51 - Feb 16 with 1494 viewskingo

Penalties......or not on 12:38 - Feb 16 by Northernr

THe Hall one was cast iron but I actually didn't think he got much wrong apart from that.

What about the trip on Pugh, early in the second half? Or the free kick he gave to Stoke in front of the dug outs when their player jumps in from a yard away and crashed into Mannings? Legs

Penalties......or not on 12:53 - Feb 16 with 1488 viewsNorthernr

Penalties......or not on 12:51 - Feb 16 by kingo

What about the trip on Pugh, early in the second half? Or the free kick he gave to Stoke in front of the dug outs when their player jumps in from a yard away and crashed into Mannings? Legs

I mean I appealed for the Pugh one but I did think at the time there hadn't been a lot/any contact and he was looking for it. Can see why he didn't give it.
Don't recall the Manning one TBH but fouls on the halfway line aren't a particularly big deal.
Login to get fewer ads

Penalties......or not on 13:01 - Feb 16 with 1467 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Hugill - dive
BOS - dive
Manning - dive
Hall - dive, but should have been a penalty for the shirt-pull.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Penalties......or not on 13:01 - Feb 16 with 1469 viewskingo

Penalties......or not on 12:53 - Feb 16 by Northernr

I mean I appealed for the Pugh one but I did think at the time there hadn't been a lot/any contact and he was looking for it. Can see why he didn't give it.
Don't recall the Manning one TBH but fouls on the halfway line aren't a particularly big deal.

The one on the halfway line was comical as to how he managed to think it was a free kick to Stoke. I was right above the Pugh incident and he wasn’t looking for it and he was clean through. Ref perfect ly placed, as he was for the Hall penalty. Luckily the refs howlers didn’t cost us this time.

Penalties......or not on 13:24 - Feb 16 with 1415 viewsDavieQPR

You can get booked for taking your shirt off but nothing happens when someone else tries to do it.
Penalties......or not on 13:30 - Feb 16 with 1402 viewsstowmarketrange

I was watching Chair being held by the shorts by the defender nearest Butland and I missed the one on Hall,but he seemed pretty upset that it wasn’t given.
I think the ref ended up guessing a lot of the decisions in the end.
How could he not see that Pugh was clean through on goal before being taken out by at least 1 of the defenders?Why would he go down in that situation unless he was fouled?
I think the ref didn’t want to make the call which might have led to a red card.
Penalties......or not on 13:34 - Feb 16 with 1386 viewsNW5Hoop

Penalties......or not on 08:40 - Feb 16 by kingo

Worse than his penalty non decisions was when he waved play on when their defender misjudged the ball and Pugh was through and deliberately tripped. Free kick and red card. Woeful referee.
[Post edited 16 Feb 2020 9:06]

I think the Pugh one probably didn't get given because Pugh was looking over his shoulder at the time — my guess would be that the referee felt that if Pugh had been looking where he was going then he actually could and would have got through.
Penalties......or not on 13:39 - Feb 16 with 1366 viewsPinnerPaul

You sound like me - that always drives me mad when I'm on the line - people having a wobbly over a free kick or throw in on half way!

Only seen the Hall pen shout on video and yes looks like a pen, not defending this, but they are rarely given - consistency anyone?

2nd half he WAS consistent and allowed challenges by both sides to go unpunished, allowing for the conditions.

3 advantages - 2 for Stoke, 1 for us that he didn't play were all borderline and could have allowed play to continue.

You can't argue with yellow cards, all spot on and didn't miss any either I didn't think.

AND we didn't get any 'what?!' - GK/Corner decisions from him/assistants this week that we have been plagued with recently.

Pugh one - would have to see again - never a red card if given, he was miles away from goal and defenders in the middle.

2 other pen shouts - again would have to see again - in real time Bright one looked a better shout than the Hugill one.

Like you I thought him and assts had decent games.
Penalties......or not on 14:00 - Feb 16 with 1325 viewssmegma

Penalties......or not on 13:39 - Feb 16 by PinnerPaul

You sound like me - that always drives me mad when I'm on the line - people having a wobbly over a free kick or throw in on half way!

Only seen the Hall pen shout on video and yes looks like a pen, not defending this, but they are rarely given - consistency anyone?

2nd half he WAS consistent and allowed challenges by both sides to go unpunished, allowing for the conditions.

3 advantages - 2 for Stoke, 1 for us that he didn't play were all borderline and could have allowed play to continue.

You can't argue with yellow cards, all spot on and didn't miss any either I didn't think.

AND we didn't get any 'what?!' - GK/Corner decisions from him/assistants this week that we have been plagued with recently.

Pugh one - would have to see again - never a red card if given, he was miles away from goal and defenders in the middle.

2 other pen shouts - again would have to see again - in real time Bright one looked a better shout than the Hugill one.

Like you I thought him and assts had decent games.

The Hall one LOOKS like a pen ???
Penalties......or not on 14:11 - Feb 16 with 1298 viewsPinnerPaul

Penalties......or not on 14:00 - Feb 16 by smegma

The Hall one LOOKS like a pen ???

Yeah - that's me being pedantic - it wasn't given so not a pen obviously, but I agree with above that it should have been.

However looking at the bigger picture, and you're going to hate this - won't do this or any other referee any good at this level to be giving pens for this when no one else does.

Remember when Mike Dean started giving these? How long did that last - there's a reason for that!
Penalties......or not on 14:45 - Feb 16 with 1259 viewssmegma

Penalties......or not on 14:11 - Feb 16 by PinnerPaul

Yeah - that's me being pedantic - it wasn't given so not a pen obviously, but I agree with above that it should have been.

However looking at the bigger picture, and you're going to hate this - won't do this or any other referee any good at this level to be giving pens for this when no one else does.

Remember when Mike Dean started giving these? How long did that last - there's a reason for that!

Stoke could not have complained if it was rightly given. The press would have agreed. So you're saying referees go with the flow basically, a penalty is any infringement of the laws. A shirt pull is classed as an infringement. Anywhere else on the pitch that referee would have given a foul. One of our players got booked for less yesterday when Ince took a tumble and conned the ref,
Penalties......or not on 14:51 - Feb 16 with 1240 viewsPinnerPaul

Penalties......or not on 14:45 - Feb 16 by smegma

Stoke could not have complained if it was rightly given. The press would have agreed. So you're saying referees go with the flow basically, a penalty is any infringement of the laws. A shirt pull is classed as an infringement. Anywhere else on the pitch that referee would have given a foul. One of our players got booked for less yesterday when Ince took a tumble and conned the ref,

'go with the flow' is a way of putting it yes.

I've mentioned this before as another example - how many times are GKs penalised for holding the ball for more than 6 seconds?

I heard a top PL ref tell an audience that he would never referee a PL game again if he ever penalised a GK for that - so yes there is an 'agreed approach' to certain laws whether we like it or not.
Penalties......or not on 15:34 - Feb 16 with 1202 viewsFrankRightguard

What made the Hall one more maddening was later on his shirt was being pulled again and the guy pulling it fell over, resulting in a free kick to Stoke! I’ve never seen a player penalised for dragging a player to the floor by his own kit.
Penalties......or not on 15:35 - Feb 16 with 1197 viewsFrankRightguard

The Pugh one absolutely was a foul. You could hear the contact.
Penalties......or not on 16:00 - Feb 16 with 1165 viewssmegma

The ref dished out SIX yellow cards , 4-2 to us ......in a game that wasn't naughty. The first one in the 24th minute to BOS was absolutely pathetic. Ince went down like a sack of spuds as their arms brushed together. Then there's the Hall 'no pen' incident. He saw it but decided that pulling someone shirts out of shape for about 5 seconds is within the laws. If that had been outside the box I have no doubt the ref would given a foul and probably booked the Stoke defender. Just another shhit ref.
Penalties......or not on 16:44 - Feb 16 with 1122 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Penalties......or not on 12:48 - Feb 16 by smegma

It looks even worse in the highlights on our website. Embarrassing.

Just watched that highlight package and without question it was a clear penalty but once Hall decided to throw himself to the ground the Ref decided to teach him a lesson IMO.Getting a shirt pulled in the box should be a penalty so no point in falling down to drive home the foul it does not help in most cases unless there is VAR of course .
How good was that goal line clearance from BOS that was serious skill
Penalties......or not on 18:25 - Feb 16 with 1029 viewsPinnerPaul

Penalties......or not on 16:44 - Feb 16 by CLAREMAN1995

Just watched that highlight package and without question it was a clear penalty but once Hall decided to throw himself to the ground the Ref decided to teach him a lesson IMO.Getting a shirt pulled in the box should be a penalty so no point in falling down to drive home the foul it does not help in most cases unless there is VAR of course .

Funnily enough that's what Mrs Pinner said about the non penalty and Mr Hall!
Penalties......or not on 20:21 - Feb 16 with 962 viewsDylanP

Penalties......or not on 16:44 - Feb 16 by CLAREMAN1995

Didn't look to me like he threw himself to the ground. Looked to me like he was straining to get away and once the Stoke player let go it unbalanced him and down he went.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Penalties......or not on 20:25 - Feb 16 with 961 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Penalties......or not on 20:21 - Feb 16 by DylanP

Didn't look to me like he threw himself to the ground. Looked to me like he was straining to get away and once the Stoke player let go it unbalanced him and down he went.

I thought he dived, but it was a pen.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024